Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

current league system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Saarin

08-31-2013

If you want to think of it as a psychological penalty, then sure, but as the system works you should have to win the same number of games to make it back to silver 5 if you were demoted, as a ranked MMR silver 5 player would have to win to start gaining lp at a reasonable rate. I guess I can't say for sure that is how it would work, since MMR is hidden and finding a bronze 3 ranked(and MMR) and a silver 5 (with bronze 3 MMR) to play exact same conditions ( maybe duo cue would work?) Would be difficult to get.

For the no score comparison, its not exactly accurate since you made it to silver 5 (and maybe it was luck or maybe not I like to think it would average out enough to not be super important over the provisional series/ over multiple seasons). Its true it may not be a perfect system, its a simple way for people to compare themselves while the hidden MMR deals with the complications of matchmaking.