Is Fizz a hypercarry?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

stealthfox94

08-29-2013

Just curious I just had a game with him where I was 2/3 25 minutes in and finished with a kd of 17/4 in a 41 minute game, that screams hyper carry to me idk what other people think you don't hear his name get mentioned to often when the term hyper carry comes up. P.S not trying to brag but 15/1 in 16 minutes might be a record for me

TehomCD

08-29-2013

It's more the opposite - he's a snowball champion with a very strong early/midgame. Lategame, he's actually not that great because his burst damage can be offset with enough survivability and he's required to put himself at great risk to enter fights. Assassins with strong lategames tend to be ones who get resets that allow them to easily get pentakills if anyone on the enemy team is vulnerable (Kha'zix, for example), or are almost impossible to pin down or peel off your backline (Kassadin, for example). Fizz doesn't have Kassadin's freedom to go through walls as easily, which limits his ability to approach their backline, and if he has to use his vault as a gapcloser in the lategame he'll probably just die without accomplishing anything.

If I had to guess, the enemy team probably had no frontline/peel in that game and were all glass cannon, and any assassin will usually clean up in that sort of situation.

stealthfox94

08-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehomCD View Post
It's more the opposite - he's a snowball champion with a very strong early/midgame. Lategame, he's actually not that great because his burst damage can be offset with enough survivability and he's required to put himself at great risk to enter fights. Assassins with strong lategames tend to be ones who get resets that allow them to easily get pentakills if anyone on the enemy team is vulnerable (Kha'zix, for example), or are almost impossible to pin down or peel off your backline (Kassadin, for example). Fizz doesn't have Kassadin's freedom to go through walls as easily, which limits his ability to approach their backline, and if he has to use his vault as a gapcloser in the lategame he'll probably just die without accomplishing anything.

If I had to guess, the enemy team probably had no frontline/peel in that game and were all glass cannon, and any assassin will usually clean up in that sort of situation.
Well I must be playing him wrong or reading wrong info or something, his early game kind of sucks from what I've seen heard he's not a great laner, mid-late game is were I usually have success with him.

Cavo

08-29-2013

Yeah Fizz is one of the strongest early game champs there is, once he hits level 2-3 he can destroy most champions which makes him a bully in lane, and he uses that strength to snowball. But no, he is not a hypercarry. For a hypercarry think kogmaw, vayne, tristana.

thepr0owns

08-30-2013

Not a hyper carry if he doesnt have enough damage to eat an entire team. Examples are jax ryze and kogmaw.

Cavo

08-30-2013

Jax and ryze don't really fit into the hyper carry role. They are strong late game when they reach their full builds, but they don't compare to vayne/trist/kog in terms of the damage they can put out while also staying relatively safe.