Zac. Ultimate Design Question. Bug or intended?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luscious Lenny

08-28-2013

Hey recently I have figure out what bugs me so much about Zac.

I main Sivir and the one defensive tool I have his my spell shield. What I have noticed is that my spell shield will block the first bounce; then I will get knocked up by the rest. Keep in mind. Zac knock up unit range is fairly far.

Having said that I will bring up wukong. Wukong's Cyclone also hits multiple times similar to Zac. The difference is when I spell shield wukongs I do not get knocked up on the second hit.

Spell shield is easily negated since Zac is able to use his W while bouncing. Not to mention he initial sling shot. So I do not see why he should be allowed to knock you up after you E the first bounce that lands on you.

TL;dr : Zac should not proc his knock back if spell shield absorbs the initial bounce onto you.

Thoughts, comments, concerns?

Edit: She can not block Nasus Q. Yet she can block Xin Xhao Q Strikes and knock up. Absolutely no consistency on what she can and can not block.

Sydelle

08-28-2013

There was an engineer Rioter around these parts not to long ago looking for such discrepancies... let me find his thread.

Sydelle

08-28-2013

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...o+you+see+what

That guy Yakaru might care enough to discuss with the appropriate person inside his company.

ArtemusD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2013

Intended. If I recall correctly, Zac's bounce checks if the target has been recently hit for each bounce. Wukong's is a first-strike only thing. Since Spell-shields block both the damage and the effect, Wukong's trigger would have been satisfied, but Zac's bounce wouldn't have checked you as a target that was hit, instead thinking you of someone who just wasn't there at the time of cast.

Satan of Wrath

08-28-2013

Maybe, but the ability has multiple chances to knock you up, and the only caviat seems to be you haven't been hit before. Technically you didn't get hit since you shielded it, so I'd say it's working as intended.

Shinomi

08-28-2013

It allows you to block an initial bounce and possibly get away, I don't see the big deal in it if he decides to chase you down after getting the spell shield off.

Luscious Lenny

08-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipKnife View Post
Maybe, but the ability has multiple chances to knock you up, and the only caviat seems to be you haven't been hit before. Technically you didn't get hit since you shielded it, so I'd say it's working as intended.
But I did get it. I absorbed it.

Should get an instant refresh on E then.

Barnem

08-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luscious Lenny View Post
Hey recently I have figure out what bugs me so much about Zac.

I main Sivir and the one defensive tool I have his my spell shield. What I have noticed is that my spell shield will block the first bounce; then I will get knocked up on the second bounce.

Having said that I will bring up wukong. Wukong's Cyclone also hits multiple times similar to Zac. The difference is when I spell shield wukongs I do not get knocked up on the second hit.

Spell shield is easily negated since Zac is able to use his W while bouncing. So I do not see why he should be allowed to knock you up after you E the first bounce that lands on you.

TL;dr : Zac should not proc his knock back if spell shield absorbs the initial bounce onto you.

Thoughts, comments, concerns?
The first bounce that hits you will knock you up. It's like if Udyr runs up to you with bear form and hits you, you'll absorb the first hit, but if he strikes you again, you'll be stunned.

Luscious Lenny

08-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinomi View Post
It allows you to block an initial bounce and possibly get away, I don't see the big deal in it if he decides to chase you down after getting the spell shield off.
He bounces like twice a second. You wont have near enough MS not to mention reaction time to come close to getting out of range.

Luscious Lenny

08-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnem View Post
The first bounce that hits you will knock you up. It's like if Udyr runs up to you with bear form and hits you, you'll absorb the first hit, but if he strikes you again, you'll be stunned.
Wrong. I do not get stunned by udyr after absorbing the first stun.