BotRK = only 3 viable adc.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chingmeister

08-28-2013

BotRK allows re-initiation unto an ADC, which means all ADCs without a second escape are no longer viable for general mixed player use. Yes, there may be exact certain situations where other ADC may work, but those situations are generally very rare in general population play.

This item is far different from the no longer built FM, which allowed re-initiation only by a tanky with low dps, or a HTGB, which was repeatedly nerfed to no longer be stat efficient for most champions. It is basically release HTGB, on crack.

I've been playing ranked for awhile, and only 3 adc are used as a result. Vayne, Cait, and Trist.

Ashe is never used, 1 escape.
Sivir is never used, ranked or not, 1 spell shield semi escape.
Varus is never used, 1 root escape.
Corki is never used, 1 escape, which can be interrupted.
Draven is no longer used, 1 escape.
Lucian is sometimes used, since he is new.
Urgot is never used, 1 sometimes escape, in switching spots.
Twitch is rarely used, no escape.
Teemo is never used as an adc.
Quinn is very rarely used, 1 movement escape.
MF is never used, no escape.
Kog is never used, no escape.
Graves is never used, 1 partial escape.
Ez is sometimes used, 1 escape, and only with kiting build.

1 item limits viable adc to basically 3 in most compositions.

In addition, the item is so much more powerful than an equal cost BT that it also gives a huge advantage to adc auto attackers over adc casters, which happen to include vayne, cait, and trist.

Armstice

08-28-2013

I have to argue the point, because unless your entire team is stacking health the usefulness of Botrk deminishes greatly (vayne being the one true exception). I'd also like to point out that I predominantly see Ashe, Varus, Graves and Ez in my games. By in my games, I mean one of those 4 is in almost EVERY game I play.

Botrk is a dueling item, designed specificly for 1v1, or possible 1v2 situations. It's usefulness falls off in team fights greatly. A typical damage BT PD IE build will out damage the botrk PD IE build on targets that haven't stacked large quantities of health. Cait, has no buisness buying a botrk either. /thread

Irish Red Cap

08-28-2013

LCS wants a word with you. Ashe/Zyra is turning into a powerhouse bot lane for it's utility.

Twitch gets played a lot as well because he is a safe ADC that can stealth.

Others were just nerfed to hard really not the item causing the differences. Graves/Corki/Ez were the season 2 ADC trinity. Now it's just switched to Cait/Trist/Vayne (whose banned anyways). Wait for season 4 and it will change again.

hue the hippo

08-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingmeister View Post
I've been playing ranked for awhile, and only 3 adc are used as a result. Vayne, Cait, and Trist.
...?

Quote:
Twitch is rarely used, no escape.
wut ... don't be silly.

Quote:
Ashe is never used, 1 escape.
lol

Quote:
Varus is never used, 1 root escape.
wut, and a slow?

Echo5kw

08-28-2013

Ugh. Not every ADC should get a BotRK. Quinn, Ashe, MF, Draven, Corki, Cait all scale better with straight AD/AS, and rushing a BotRK on any of them sets them back. Your list is also flawed, there's more escapes than what you're saying on there. Also, Twitch, Varus, Ashe and MF are all used frequently, and I play a lot of Quinn (varying success to be fair). BotRK is a **** rush item unless the other team has boatloads of health. As a strictly ADCvADC duelling item, BT is better.

SZEFEN

Recruiter

08-28-2013

Wut?

I see Graves, Twitch, Ashe, Ezreal, Varus and Corki all the time.

Sivir, Draven, MF and Quinn are also seen a ton.

Kog isn't seen a whole lot as he requires a ton of team work to make him powerful. Teemo isn't an ADC. Urgot is probably better top lane, Quin top is also pretty common. Corki is seen mid a lot also.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Chingmeister

08-28-2013

I'm sorry to actually bring statistics in to show that you guys are generally wrong, but as per latest patch champion statistics found here:

http://lolmatches.com/championstats/3.10.0.246/R

Cait is in 36.6% of ranked games, Vayne is in 27.7%, and Tristana is at 19%.

In comparison, Urgot is at 0.4%, Sivir is at 2%, Corki is at 3%. Ashe is at 13%, but only because she works as Ashe/Zyra, where Zyra can provide two additional disengages and slows for Ashe, and that she is 450 IP.

This is across all ELO's. At low gold/high silver where power differences in champions are more noticeable and where I play, there is pretty much only Cait, Vayne, and Tristana. BotRK is responsible for this.

Urgot vs. Cait is a perfect example of why. Cait has two disengages, Urgot has half of one. So Cait can disengage from someone, and again after someone uses BotRK on her. Urgot may disengage once with his ult, but cannot do a second disengage (BotRK + ignite will eat through his shield so no slow).

In addition, Cait's auto attack focus allows her to better benefit from using BotRK herself. The net result is a power shift that drops Urgot to 29% win loss ratio and 0.4% popularity.

It's like going from Street Fighter vs. Capcom and having a hundred different fighters and helpers back to Street Fighter II.

hue the hippo

08-28-2013

Quote:
I'm sorry to actually bring statistics in to show that you guys are generally wrong

Ok, first of all, these are stats derived from a sample of people who download and use that client when playing.

Quote:

This is across all ELO's.
No, no it is not. Have you played across all elo's? Don't claim what you can not back up. Why do we see varus so often, those LCS players must be total noobs.

Secondly, in your original post, you list EZ as an adc that does not benefit from BORK and you do not list him in your top 3. You then referene these stats. Allow me to reference your reference:

Tristana 19%
Ezreal 26.81%

The problem with people at the ELO you currently play at, is that you would rather complain and analyze statistics than improve your own play. You claim people are wrong because you are incapable of looking beyond your own flaws and would rather blame things like an item because it is an easy excuse.

You are incorrect and your analysis is simply not valid. If you can accept that and start looking beyond things like this, there may be hope for you.

/thread

PlsApport

08-28-2013

What the hell? BotRK is terrible on Caitlyn and great on Ezreal, rofl.

Dnote

08-28-2013

da fuq
wouldn't it be great for kog and his W
and the active has helped me survive so many times... be it the movement speed steal or the life steal or both.

I could see not getting it on draven quin and cait...