Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jungler: Rengar or Hecarim?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TSM Bjurgensen

08-27-2013

Just which one is better? If possible, could you tell me:

Early Game: (1-10)
Mid Game: (1-10)
Late Game: (1-10)
Difficulty: (1-10)
Fun While Playing: (1-10)

Any other comments or pros/cons. Thanks! I really appreciate any help

SpicyPepperz

08-27-2013

Hecarim is a really easy jungler to play and hes also pretty fun. His ultimate is really good at disrupting which is why he's mainly built as a frontline tank. His kit also offers a lot of mobility and safety in the jungle. Rengar on the other hand is completely different. His skill cap is much higher and is played and built as more of an assassin. He's a carry jungler, meaning you mostly build pure ad like Nocturne, this means in order for your team comp to have an ideal balance you would have to have a top laner who mainly builds tank to be your frontline in teamfights, such as Zac,Shen and Malphite. In soloqueue these champions are usually banned which means that your toplaner would most likely be a squishier one that deals damage. Rengar is usually played top because of this.

Clocked

08-27-2013

I actually find that you can build Rengar as an Off-tank/Bruiser with some success. Building things like Frozen Mallet, Trinity Force. His Q gives him amazing split push potential with a good escape from his multi, which is on a fairly low cool down.