How to reproduce minimap jungler bug

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

So Skrood

08-27-2013

I went into a custom game with 2 friends. I went purple side, they went blue side. As I jungled, I used smite on the last minion of a camp. Then I went into one of their lanes through a brush (mid lane). Both of them saw me on the minimap at the last camp. One of my friends was mid lane, one was bot lane, - both saw me at the jungle camp before entering into the lane for a split second.

If I used smite to kill something at the camp, but did not 'finish' the camp with smite, then they did not get the bug.

I did not try entering one of their lanes not-through brush - not sure if that makes a difference.

Hope this helps solve the problem. I suspected it was related to smite since it was always the jungler having the issue, and I suspected it had to do with smite timing on the camp since it didn't always happen. I tested with 21-9 masteries, but did not have summoners resolve.

So Skrood

08-27-2013

More details:
1. you need to use smite to clear the buff
2. your opponent needs to be within their normal vision circle to where you appear - for example, standing mid lane, the opponent needs to have non-fog of war vision of the side bushes. When you appear through that side bush, you will flash on the minimap.
3. This also works for non-bush scenarios - say your opponent is 'around a corner' from you (mid lane, near the burning lanterns) and you show up - you will show at the last jungle camp as well. There may be some other visual glitches with this scenario as my opponent didn't immediately auto-attack (waited a second or so).

The key seems to be smiting to finish the camp, then within your opponents visual circle when you 'appear'. if either of those 2 things are not true, then the bug will not happen. If my opponent mid lane is in the middle of the lane, and I come through the side bush, then the bug doesn't happen. If he cheats towards the side I am coming from, then the bug does happen.

Twist741

08-27-2013

Thought I would pop in to say that I was able to confirm this 3/3 times just now in a custom game. If I Smite the ancient golem, and then aa the little golems, the bug did not manifest. As the OP said, only this only seemed to happen when Smite is the final blow.

On another note though, I've seen this same bug several times with things like supports and ADCs that don't have Smite. So I suspect there's something else going on as well. At least the more common case seems to be easily reproduceable.

Heleghir

08-28-2013

Yea, I've noticed it only when using smite to finish a camp, there have been a couple of times i've seen it then immediately rushed dragon knowing there was no smitesteal for the enemy team lol

I have also been able to reproduce a similar bug with using thresh's lantern to pull someone from fog as i walk into vision range and they appear on the other side of the map for a split second, more of a weird nuance than a game affecting thing though

thewolfman15

08-28-2013

have any reds commented on any of these threads?

Twist741

08-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewolfman15 View Post
have any reds commented on any of these threads?
It's mentioned somewhere in this mega-thread on bush and fog of war vision.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=3807189

Someone links this thread, and Yakaru acknowledges it, says they're working on it, but doesn't want to give any details because it's possibly exploitable at the moment. Best we can do is wait patiently I suppose.