[An Application RP]Seafare

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Talz

12-20-2010

~Dark World~

The last thing Pern recalled before his body and mind exploded with pain was how terrible the elixir tasted. The bitter awful stench and flavor still remained as he opened his eyes. He was in the Dark World once again. However, something felt different. He looked and saw that his body was fully human, although transparent, like that of the wraiths. The stark blackness of the Plane of Death made an incredible contrast to his own bodily color. In that moment, he realized that Khay and the other souls were no longer with him, he was left completely alone.

The liege turned his head when he heard a chuckle followed by a loud clank. Standing beside him was a dark robed figure leaning against a black metal staff, his hands and feet were fully skeletal and white as snow. However, his face was what was truly horrifying. The skin was white as his hands, but there were no facial features. The head was flattened at the front like a slate, only the smallest sliver of a black lining for a mouth existed on it.

The creature he knew as death took a few short rasping breaths, "Pern Velisker... I've been waiting for you for quite some time now... Your seat awaits you..." The voice was light as a whisper, but had the power of a god behind it. Death clanked the staff against the floor, creating a throne and a chair sized black boulder to sit upon out of the darkness.

Death spent a good five minutes just staring at the Liege, although he had no eyes, Pern could feel the presence of his gaze judging him. He didn't dare speak until the examination was complete. Suddenly Death gasped a loud breath, "Now Pern, why are you here?"

"I drank the elix..." He was interrupted by a wrap on the head with Death's staff. Despite being a wraith, it still hurt immensely.

"You know that isn't what I asked." Death's breathing increased, now almost sounding like a pant. "Why did you drink that elixir? You had what more men envy greater than any other gift, eternal life. Yet you threw it away to come here. So I ask, why?"

"Because I didn't want another soul to be snatched by you. So I could come here to beat you at your own game, reclaim my lost powers, and save my allies." Pern's voice rang out confidently across the umbral room. He didn't fear death.

Death coughed a few times before speaking, "Quite the noble cause for one who wished only for power but a day ago. Last week all that you cared about was becoming a champion. You do realize what this will do to your odds? You are trading power for mercy. Mercy will not get you what you desire Pern Velisker. May I ask, what makes you think you can beat me again? The magics of Runeterra may have been enough to prevent me from taking you away, but I assure you they cannot intervene here. This is my world, it heeds to only my commands." With that, Death clanked his staff against the floor once more, the boulder grew, extending earthen arms around Pern, wrapping about his entire body. With another clank, it began to painfully constrict him.

"I should make you embrace pain for an eternity for the insult you gave me... However, there is two things you have done which tells me otherwise." Another loud clank resounded, and the liege fell to the ground. "Follow me Pern Velisker."

The wraith pulled himself to his feet, shuffling quickly to meet up with death's long strides. Something had been bothering him since he came here, "What of the wraiths that came with me? Where are they?" His mind could only think of Khay at the moment.

Death, without turning a head, replied, "My boy, do you not remember what Haelion Bastion had did for you? Those souls are a part of you, they still exist within yourself. I just suppressed them so they would not to distract you. Actually, that reason is one of the events that is giving me much trouble in judging you. It gave you command over a dozen souls, that should be mine, but you have chosen to use this gift mostly to give happiness to those spirits. This either clarifies as a great act of good, or incredible offense to myself." He stopped abruptly, they stood in front of a white pool of water, next to which was a darker black pool.

"This is what I wished you to see Pern. These are the pools of your deeds. I want you to notice something carefully." He said pointing to the much larger black pool. The liege could make out that the waters were slowly emptying into the white pool, but instead of darkening the waters, it became the white water upon contact.

"Pern you embraced the darkness as a way to attain power for yourself. You needed to prove that you were the greatest and worthy to the be the liege. However, in this pursuit, you have also regrown your heart for humanity. You used your dark gifts to protect allies and loved ones. You certainly were not perfect, but no one is. Pern as the decision stands, you are still considered unfit to judge, what this means exactly I am not sure. Perhaps you may even be one beyond my choice. A neutral ground so to speak, and I think it is time that you achieved your balance." Death clanked his staff onto the ground once more, the earth between the two pools fractured, mixing them together into a grey whirlpool.

"Perhaps you are here to take the world between your fingers, but maybe it is to pry it away from the braggart who tries. However, you will make a difference in the world of men, and I hope you do not forget that despite what you are, you are still a man in spirit." Death grabbed Pern by the collar and tossed him into the whirlpool, which disappeared along with him as he was sent spiraling to it's depths.

"Case dismissed... for now."

~Deck of the Ship~

Pern's consciousness flooded back into his body as he opened his eyes to a searing light. His body was drenched in a visible aura of black and white, both fighting for dominance of his soul.

"PERN! Where have you been! I have been calling for you over the last two hours!" Khay shouted mentally.

The liege focused his mind on the two magical entities, he would answer Khay later, although it gave him a boost of strength to know she was still there. Perhaps just enough to take control. He struggled with the two, making as much effort as possible to bring them as one, but they refused to mix. They were like water and oil. Pern could feel his soul being torn in half...

Maybe this is what is to happen though...

He relinquished control and watched his chest rupture open, the black core of his soul dangled, ripping at itself until it split into two entities. They sat floating as a pair of misty orbs, one purest white and one darkest black. They settled onto his arms, both forming into a pair of gold and silver bracers.

Once again, Pern's mind was shunted back into consciousness. Despite all that had happened, he felt very strong at the moment, refreshed even. He saw the gauntlet's resting upon his forearms, both were set with a large stone. An opal for the gold bracer, and an onyx ingot in the other. He hesitantly touched the white opal. The stone burst with incredible light that engulfed Pern's body, within a moment the light was gone. Pern gasped in shock as he breathed in air once more. His feet could feel the wood surface. His mind was clear, no spirits or other beings. His body was completely human, except with a few differences, he had regrown his hair, but instead of the oak brown of his childhood, it was white, growing to just below his shoulder's in length. His eye, was completely opaque, with only a slightly duller white in the center to make out an iris. One his face and body were blazing white runes written into his skin. His hands glowed with a peaceful snowy aura.

He saw Charite, just barely holding onto dear life by a thread. He laid his cool hand upon her brow, focusing his new power to her body. He could feel a tear actually run down his face for the first time in twenty years. The light magic flooded through her, healing away the wounds, although the ones given by the demon were tainted with it's magic did not fix immediately, they would require more attention.

The liege embraced the young girl, holding her as he would a child.

"Please wake up Charite, everything will be okay."

AnemoneMeer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2010

Liliana's hands worked quickly, ripping open various muscles to test the effects of various concoctions before disposing of them. The plague practically assimilated every medicine that attacked it directly, growing stronger. Even the test subjects own immune system seemed to be little more than a part of the plague at this point. The room was practically littered with discarded muscle tissue, the various chunks of flesh tinted various colors from different levels and types of medicine being applied to them. The sample sitting inftont of her was different though. Out of annoyance, she had applied some of practically every medicine on the virus at once, and the results were rather odd. In the process of assimilating each individual chemical, it had morphed enough that the virus had started attacking itself, the strains created from assimilating the various different chemicals unable to recognise eachother. Eventually, the various strains wiped eachother out until one was left, barely clinging onto control until it was bolstered by the airborne virus.

As Charite's bodyguard appeared in her room, having left the fighting above, she was in the middle of mixing together the compounds that had caused the virus to fight itself, pouring the chemicals into her knives one at a time. As the usually silent undead commented on the artistry of her work, she supressed a smile. The sailor hanging from her wall had practically been stripped bare of non-essential body parts without being killed from loss of blood, and her outfit still did not have any blood on it, years of practice had seen to both. As she finished pouring the last of the medicines in the knives, she sat up, turning her head to the man hanging off her wall.

"One final test." She said slowly, her voice as sweet and innocent as ever. The crewmember hanging off the wall appeared not to hear her, still buried in his hallucinations. Her blade parted what little flesh was left, the medicine flowing from it into his body. Almost immediately, he reacted, his head squirming around as he tried to scream. The compound's effects were clearly extremely painful, judging by his movements. As the blade came out, it's contents fully inside his body, Liliana smiled. The man's eyes had followed the blade as it left, before proceeding to look around the room. The hallucinations had stopped, without the aid of any mental stimulants at all. Her knife went through the mans throat slowly, killing him. He was little more than a liability now that she knew the cure had worked and if the rest of the crew, especially the captain, had seen it, she would be put in a bad spot.

"Would it trouble you to get rid of him?" She said smugly, her head turning to the undead who had watched the whole thing. "And preferably before anyone finds out exactly how I came up with the cure."

Nwol

12-20-2010

Malculortus nodded and happily complied. With two heavy footsteps, he put his hand on the skull of the one whom she had tortured, with a heavy push downwards, he summoned a portal and pushed the corpse through. Despite it's chains, Malculortus forced them off. Any blood and severed limbs that came off due to the violent tear fell into the void.

"A snack for the family." Malculortus joked as he disimissed the portal. Not a spot of blood on her dress either. "Quite a piece of work you are. No mercy even in those efforts. I must say I am impressed."

He extended a non injured hand to her, obviously a prostetic, if not something in reinforce the lack of what wasn't there.

"Uether Rasmussen, Zaunite Summoner." He introduced himself. "After that display you have earned right to know that name. I trust your work is done? I still have a duty to fufill."

o0sniper50o

12-20-2010

Deadeye sat up, finally taking his surroundings into account. He wasn't to far from where he and Pern had met, he didnt' have nearly enough mana after the demon incident. Apparently the leige had taken the potion for himself, and honestly Deadeye wasn't sure what he was now. This was pretty much the first time Death had been so...uncertain. Usually the guy either gave you the scythe or let you walk away, there wasn't supposed to be a third option.

Every new day brings forth new discoveries, challenging the beliefs of yesterday.

Sitting up now, although considerably weakened by the lingering disease, he attempted (and failed) to find the slaver's cabin, by now she must have concoted an antidote to the supposedly incurrable disease but it would have to be administrated soon. True, the original demon has died but as long as its remenants remained in the form of this pestilence, then it could always come back. Without the demon, the disease was progressing slower but surely it would complete its work in another hour or so. Plenty enough time for the antidote to be administered. If she was willing to give it.

charité

12-20-2010

~Main Deck~

Charité awoke to an odd looking man standing above her. For some reason, her body felt as though it was no longer effected by the draining from her recent attack, or the wound on her leg; simply just the sickness the demon set on them all. As her eyes began to open, the young captain smiled slightly; looking up at the man who obviously saved her life. She knew who he was, although his body changed his attitude didn't.

"And here I thought the dead couldn't cry Pern," With a slight laugh she sat up a little, examining where the wound was previously on her leg, noticing it had been healed. "Speaking of which... You don't quite look dead anymore, do you?" Charité lightly touched the man's cheek, then pulled on a lock of his hair to see if he really was alive. "So lets see... i'm not dead, and you're not dead." The young captain looked at Pern with a look of pure amazement and curiousity. "Looks like you had quite t' fun when I was out!"

As the captain struggled to get to her feet, still afflicted with the demon's plague she took Pern's hand and began to guide him with her below deck. "Well t'hen, we best hurry mate! I think I know someone who can get rid o' this sickness straight from Davy Jone's locker!" With a slight glance over her shoulder, she looked up into the liege's eyes. "So, how does it feel to be alive again?"

Talz

12-20-2010

~Main Deck~

"Awful" he replied laughing. "I can still taste that elixir in my mouth, but besides that everything is incredible. I had forgotten how good it was to feel again."

The cold sea winds blew though his hair and face, giving him the cooling sensation he had not felt in an age. The warmth of Charite's hand inside his own, and even the rough wood flooring seemed to give him new life as he stepped over the planks with his feet. Pern ran his free hand through his soft snowy white hair once more. He still could not believe that he was some semblance of human again.

But what of Khay and the other wraiths? Death said that they were apart of my soul, so why can I not hear their voices? Also, what am I? I feel human once more, but greater than that.

He shook the thought from his mind, there were still lives at risk right now, although Khay's fate still loomed on his mind.

o0sniper50o

12-20-2010

~Main Deck~

"I shall assume that with the recent aquisition of your living half, you are now wondering about the fate of the wraiths who were bonded with you." Deadeye had appeared next to Pern and Charite, mysteriously as ever. "Most likely Death has talked to you about this, and though I do not know what he said I can tell you that death is the ultimate truth, such that it will never lie." Keeping his voice nuetral and his eyes forward, he continued. "Normally the drinker of the potion I gave you will either become human, or fall into death but it seems that you have been partially given the former. You were only partially given life, so I shall assume you are still capable of connecting with the form you held previously. And now that's over with, would you mind leading me to the slaver's cabin? I'm terrible with directions."

K1RAXD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2010

~Liliana's Cabin~

Kira was now numb in her body, everyone had forgotten about her. She stayed on the floor of Liliana's cabin, the hallucinations burning themselves into her mind. She was losing to the plague, and if she didn't get help soon, she would die.

She feels her grasp on reality weakening as her body begins to move by itself. No! She thought as her body grabbed her sword and braced for attack. She didn't know what was happening and was scared. "Liliana!" She tried to scream, but nothing came out, she had truly lost control of her former self. Her eyes were blood red as bloody tears ran down her cheeks. Her body swung at Liliana, luckily missing her by inches. No, no, no, no, no! She continued to think as her body swung again, Liliana now aware that she was attacking, and had lost control of her body and soon her mind.

AnemoneMeer

12-21-2010

"I still have to administer this to the remaining crewmembers, unfortunately starting with you and Kira, and if what happened before he died is any example..." Liliana said, her usual false sweetness mixed with false annoyance. In truth, she was going to enjoy watching the surviving crew squirm around while the medicine did its work, especially the captain. Her words were cut short as Kira's blade went through the air just a few inches infront of her. Grabbing a medicine filled blade off of the table, she drove it deep into Kira's leg as her blade came down a second time. Coating Kira's blade in a layer of ice before it reached her a second time, she let out a short sigh just before the blade hit her, knocking her back into the table.

"Pin her down and take her to the highest point on the ship you can, otherwise she'll be infected again quickly." Liliana stated coldly, her sweetness now replaced by a layer of ice to match Kira's blade. "Once she stops squirming, meet me on the deck.". Popping open her knives one by one, she went to work adding sleeping medicine to each one, already thinking of ways to use it to her advantage.

Nwol

12-21-2010

Malculortus watched the display, impressed with her quick thiking as well. Seems this one was different. He approached the crazed Kira and forced her to the ground, grabbing some nearby rope he bound her. It didn't take long and with the medicine administered, she would probably recover. Probably. Once she was subdued, he turned to Lilina.

"You have a cut on your forehead." Malculortus pointed out. "I see you didn't want her to ruin your dress." He gave a chuckle as he hoisted Kira over her shoulder.

"I doubt I will need such a vaccine. Although if she rellapses, I wouldn't mind killing her. If it comes to that, would you care to join me in it?" He inquired before turning away from her and walking towards the door. "Please, give me your response when you become less preoccupied." He laughed and proceeded to open the door. Walking through onto the deck he opened a portal and entered, reemerged at what he considered to be the highest location, the crow's nest. He dumped her there.

"Stay put." He scolded before walking through the portal again, forgetting how tramatizing it could be for someone to travel through with him. He returned and closed the portal behind him, arriving once more on the main deck. The captain, she was on her feet again, a sense of relief came over him as she headed down below deck with.....he wasn't quite sure who that was, but it did look like the undead.

He followed.