Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is there a point in more then 1 point in R?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lycrosis

08-26-2013

Hey guys, i was wondering if its worth putting more then 1 point in R on characters like xin and lee (actually these are the only 2 i could think of...maybe j4 too?) where their ults r more utility than anything else.

PlsApport

08-26-2013

Yes. Everything deals more damage when you level it up.

Dignitos

08-26-2013

posted on wrong account.... and obviously i mean when u can put points into Q,W,E,....and say put the last 2 points into the ult at 17 and 18

DrRoman

08-27-2013

Chances are, the jump in damage (and probably more important, CD) for R will be 100-200+, whereas for a regular skill it'll be 30-60 + Maybe CD. Once you've reached level 11, laning is all but over, and it would probably be best to utilize your ulti to it's fullest potential.

icanhazurhp

08-27-2013

There are very few exceptions to the rule of "always max R". One example I can think of is Janna. Her ulti is hardly ever used for it's healing potential, and almost always used as a defensive AoE knockback skill and immediately canceled after casting. In this case, it can be acceptable to max your other skills after putting your first point in R, and then max R on 17 and 18. Again, VERY few exceptions.