Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Most reliable top laner vs Kayle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Turbopasta

08-26-2013

Please don't post anything like, "Doesn't have any counters", I'm just interested in what champ would typically fare best against her. I've been playing lots of melee toplaners (Tryndamere, Darius, Wukong, Nasus), and I'm just wondering what other champ would be best to learn as a counter to ranged harass kiters like Kayle. This also goes for champs like Nid, Jayce and Teemo.

Personally I'm thinking Yorick, although I've only played him once during freeweek and I don't know what kind of state he's in after the nerfs. There might be better champs for the matchup tho.

Turbopasta

08-26-2013

bump

Turbopasta

08-26-2013

Still wondering what you guys think

Psychidryne

08-26-2013

I usually play someone who can outsustain his mana, Yorick or AP Nunu have served me well in the past against him, but that's JUST me. I can't know if you'll have as good of an experience with them as I do.

AP Nunu can throw a snowball then walk away, having a greater slow than Kayle's Q, if he's dedicated entirely to denying you farm. Just keep snowballing him. He will either need to Stop harassing, upgrade his heal and run out of Mana or potentially be killed. With your free spell if you both run out of mana you can still fight from afar.

Yorick is just good at staying alive in general, not much more to say.

Zaphery

08-26-2013

I don't think using Yorick with the mindset of surviving will help you win the game against kayle, since Kayle scales better into late game if its a stalemate.

Give Renekton a shot. He has decent early game sustain and damage. Most important thing in beating ranged tops is the ability to keep up with them. Pick someone with a reliable gap closer.

Pantheon might be good. Maybe even Atrox, but no one even plays him anymore so I'm not sure on his condition.

Basic Payne

08-26-2013

Xin Zhao, J4, and Pantheon are typically good picks because they can jump on top of her, they get pretty tanky, and can bully her squishy self. Also, Kayle tends to have mana issues if she spams her Slow/Heal too much.

Kivin100

08-26-2013

Quote:
Turbopasta:
Please don't post anything like, "Doesn't have any counters", I'm just interested in what champ would typically fare best against her. I've been playing lots of melee toplaners (Tryndamere, Darius, Wukong, Nasus), and I'm just wondering what other champ would be best to learn as a counter to ranged harass kiters like Kayle. This also goes for champs like Nid, Jayce and Teemo.

Personally I'm thinking Yorick, although I've only played him once during freeweek and I don't know what kind of state he's in after the nerfs. There might be better champs for the matchup tho.

I tried really hard to main Kayle in the top lane but the fact is, most common lane picks up there can deal with her fairly easily.

BEST pick? Oh, I don't know. Nobody can really conclusively say. But in general, she's going to want to bully you right out of the gate at level 1. Despite that, she's really squishy. Somebody with a gap closer and even a little burst can murder her with almost no effort. Darius can be a good pick if you're godlike with the hooks. A Jax, Pantheon, or even Wukong could handle her just as well. The important thing is not getting kited and harassed.

Kivin100

08-26-2013

Quote:
Basic Payne:
Xin Zhao, J4, and Pantheon are typically good picks because they can jump on top of her, they get pretty tanky, and can bully her squishy self. Also, Kayle tends to have mana issues if she spams her Slow/Heal too much.

I'll second the Xin Zhao. I was going to say that, but for some reason it didn't make it in to my post. He's probably close to hard counter status for our poor angelic arbiter. E-W-Q her and by the time you knock her up, she'll be below half health and reeling.

cauliflower

08-26-2013

Teemo. Riven/renekton do well cause their gap closers/cc make kayle's slows not very effective.

ifeelsmited

08-27-2013

Elise does well also you can farm from ranged and when you land a stun when she is half health can jump on her for the kill. It is best to do this before lvl 6 though since she can walk away with her ult.