Do you see what I see? (Brush & Fog of War Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bito Maney

08-27-2013

idk if its been mentioned but there is a very annoying problem with singed's gas. if he steps into the fog of war, his gas trail also dissapears, however you can still be damaged by it. please fix this its very annoying.

Linna Excel

08-27-2013

Yakaru, IMO some champs need to stay stealthed as a balance issue or themeatic one. Nidalee's spears are one. IMO caitlyn's ult at least (if not her AAs which probably could be considered) as she's a sniper. Ever heard the term snake in the grass? Well, cass not revealing herself with her skills makes sense. Ranged skills ninjas use should probably be in the stay hidden category.

Yakaru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Software Engineer

08-27-2013
16 of 23 Riot Posts

Hey everyone,

Thanks a lot for all your thoughts. I'm going to be going through all the conversation, taking some notes, and figuring out what some good experiments might be to play with. I'll check back in with everyone later and show what I've figured out feels good and doesn't

PeterrWabbit

08-27-2013

Shacos puffs shouldnt be visible.

Mesphisto

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2013

If this is still on topic, the brush that runs along the path connects the bottom jungle to the river along the (baron side, closer to mid) is sort of weird with wards, in that you can have wards in one part and not see something very close by. I realize that there is a "curve" and possible "height" values involved so that this purposeful, but I find it generally frustrating. Thanks for all your hard work!

Infernoc

08-27-2013

I seem to be struck by phantom Trueshot Barrages from time to time. I don't enjoy being Barraged by FALSEshots :<

ltchyNipples

08-27-2013

There are Poros all over the place on Summoners Rift. All over the walls in river.

Jay Vesper

08-27-2013

I would like to see these changes occur in regards to brush.

1. If you use an ability or auto attack from brush you are revealed (and only you not everyone else in the brush so that ambushes and baits can still be set up and still encourage warding. I never understood why the entire brush is revealed if your chilling there with someone when there auto attacking

2. If you land an ability against an enemy (or minion) in brush (even if your ability was in mid air and they flashed into brush) they would be revealed. There have been to many instances when i play vayne and i condemn someone into a wall and cant follow up because i also ended knocking em into brush and the impact point is in the brush.

3. Since skillshots are also often used for scouting anyway why not just give vision of what they hit in brush should something actually be hit. (and only reveal what is hit. Not the entire house party in the brush). I feel like with this wards would also be more valued because ambushes would be a larger play point.

4. Things like Flash/ Shacos deceive/ or Any other ability that does not cause damage (cc is alright in my opinion as long as it doesn't cause damage). This would allow for much more juke like plays to become doable.

Kalookakoo

08-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by the supreme khan View Post
shacos puffs shouldnt be visible.
yes they should.

Vdragoon

08-27-2013

No, they shouldn't. It's not effecting the enemy and you are in the bush. Why should it be seen.