Do you see what I see? (Brush & Fog of War Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ghostryker

08-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakaru View Post
My gut instincts are that any 'aggressive' action should probably reveal you -- if a spell is dealing damage, slows, roots, or stuns, for example, it should reveal the caster. This is an easy to understand rule and is very easy to understand and explain to new players,
Yep. Agreed.
However I think that should open up for some potential passives or items that allow certain players to initiate certain moves without revealing themselves.

ICantNameMe

08-27-2013

Are you also going to fix the bug where AoE skills can be invisible if their center is cast in a brush? Basically the range indicator/circle won't show up unless you have vision of the exact point that it's cast, so if the center is in a brush, then you won't see the range indicator unless you are also in the brush (which you probably don't want to be in if you want to avoid the damage). I've seen this happen to at least Ziggs Ult and Anivia Ult.

XTwistedTheoryX

08-27-2013

I've noticed that when someone kills Blue/Red buff occassionally their icon will pop up for just a fractin of a second at Lizard/Golem camp and that means the jungle monster is dead. This usually happens when they show up in lane, like a delayed register or something. Should probably be fixed.

Urf Mode

08-27-2013

I disagree with the concept of "any aggressive action should reveal you", it doesn't make sense and really just goes against good warding. If an enemy is walking through your entirely warded jungle (or theirs) why should they have any idea of where the skill shots are coming from if you were prepared and they weren't?

I mean good warding helps to win games, there shouldn't be counter-play to not warding.

Plus it's not like if I were to hit you with a skill shot that it reveals you, so logically why should it work the other way around?

thumbnail9

08-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
I'd actually really like that change. Some sort of, "Recently attacked you from brush, is revealed while within that brush."

I think the current global "you're revealed right now" particle (Nidalee, Caitlyn, Kog'Maw) is okay. It's not used so often that it would overlap itself much, but the particle is pretty intuitive, especially since it is used in other parts of the game.
That would destroy fighting in a bush and or using bushes during a fight.

othic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2013

Quote:
Hey guys, just thinking outloud here and I don't want to derail the conversation but as it is related:
Does anyone think there should be a good way to tell if you are being revealed by your own actions (not just standing in a warded brush) and if so any suggestions on how to do this without visually crowding the screen?
I would think becoming opacity would make the readability intuitive, as that is usually the case right now.

Amuq the Native

08-27-2013

Quote:
Basically the way vision works is each vision source is evaluated separately:
the sight you get that shows stealth does not 'reveal all stealth in this area' but requires the source of that stealth (e.g. your pink ward outside the brush, your support with oracles, etc.) sight actually see it. So even if your green ward can see inside the brush it doesn't "partner up" with the pink/oracles nearby to see inside it.

If you guys think this could be changed I'm definitely open to talk about it
I would love this to be changed.

To me, stealth detection and vision granting are two fundamentally different things.
A green ward grants vision in a radius, but does not grant vision in a bush unless it is in the same bush. That's fine.

A pink ward grants vision in a radius and performs stealth detection in a radius. Those are not the same, and both radiuses don't even have to be the same: a pink ward could detect further than it sees, for instance. But the important thing is that stealth detection should work this way: "if something stealthy is in my detection radius, and made visible by any means (including, but not limited to, my own vision), then it should be detected."

Which means that a mushroom in a bush should be detected by a pink ward outside of the bush if there is something granting vision of the bush, such as a green ward, or a champion.
This would feel a lot more consistent to me.

Steven Mcburn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2013

I don't get why not doing damage would reveal you quite honestly.

Doing damage shows you in the brush, not doing damage doesn't. I don't know where the confusion comes from o.O

Lt Braumstrong

08-27-2013

I mostly agree, but I feel like it would be a huge nerf to nunu, who already has a hard time getting off any portion of his ult, do to the nature of how easy it is to stop it. I think this would hurt him a lot more then most people might think.

Libtards

08-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Yi is UP View Post
Personal opinion:
Skillshot should not reveal the users.

But point and click spells should reveal the user on cast.

So that would mean
Blitz(One of the main problems)
Fizz Ult
Lucian Ult
Liss
and I could keep going I'm just bored.

All of those would not show you those character if you take off skill shots from that list? Do you play blitzcrank cause if you do? this is a a very harmful situation to blitz and you are bias if you voted and have played blitz.