Do you see what I see? (Brush & Fog of War Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

eJaxulation

08-26-2013

Any attack should reveal the attacker. Nunu's ultimate should be rebalanced with this change in mind.

SuperCostaBro

08-26-2013

Imo, I would prefer revealing people when they're in the bush (it's very frustrating to fight some casters just because they are in brush), but the fact is that this would be a massive nerf to a lot of characters. Nunu is one of the best examples. His ult gains a lot of depth because of the presence of brush, and i'm not sure removing depth from these champions that rely on brush would be worth it.

Also, the squares around people in brush really bothers me.

Piccalyre

08-26-2013

I disagree, and I suggest the opposite. You shouldn't be able to see champs from the fog of war.... (with CERTAIN exceptions.

If someone is in brush, they're supposed to be hidden. You should see the object coming out, but not what's still in it (the champion). This is kinda real life logic.

However, I think you shouldn't have to see nunu when he ulti's. It's already such a long cast time, and using your resources (fog of war) should be legal. I mean, having that HUGE slow is already a give away. As time goes on, Riot keeps releasing more champs with interupts, and it's a scary world for nunu players

TheXthDoctor

08-26-2013

If the attack leaves the bush, it should reveal. Likewise if it stays in the bush, it shouldn't reveal.

Think about trying to sneakily steal a buff, and you pull it into the bush. You don't want your attacks/skillshots that hit the buff revealing you, but if you attack the buff while it's outside and you're inside, you should be revealed.

Squippit

08-26-2013

My opinion:
Skill shots should not reveal the caster unless they hit an enemy unit.

Point and click (abilities that WILL hit (Taric's Dazzle, Ryze's skills)) should reveal once they make contact or as soon as they're cast... I'm not sure how I feel one this one.

AoEs from bush... uh... Nunu's doesnt show because it's initially just a status effect huh? I don't think I like that much :L I'd like to know why I'm being slowed and where it's coming from so I can get the heck away from it. What if this happened in the river and I have no clue which bush it's coming from? I wouldnt want to flash further into it than out of it to avoid the impact.

Edit: And yeah, any projectile should be visible once it's out of the bush, duh.

Masalar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2013

Frustrating though it can be, I feel that skill shots shouldn't reveal the caster. The shots themselves should be revealed, and I know there was a recent/upcoming change in regards to that. Point-click spells should reveal the caster because otherwise there's no gameplay there. In cases like Nunu's ult, apart from being much cooler getting the sudden damage off, it reveals an edge case. Should damageless CC (that isn't point click) reveal the caster? There are very few cases of it, so I'm not sure.

My gut instinct says that Nunu's ult is great the way it is, so either edge cases should mimic it, or it needs to be labeled as something that is very unique.

a sad loli

08-26-2013

I think it's ok for skillshots not revealing the champ but.
Getting killed by invisible nidalee spears is just plain frustrating and toxic.
Zero counter play.

Keeblers Elf

08-26-2013

You might as well remove nunus ultimate if it reveals him in the brush. I think only abbilitys that actually damage the enemy should reveal you.

Diminister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-26-2013

I agree

Nick Crusaire

08-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeemperor View Post
I like it the way it is. Skillshots shouldn't reveal because they aren't guaranteed to land. Targeted abilities reveal as they should, because the effect is guaranteed and it leaves room for possible counterattack.

Edit : However, feel free to clean up some skillshots remaining invisible when fired from brush/FoW (Nidalee's Spear comes to mind)
this is pretty much my thoughts as well.