lol I have no friends

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ssakcustior

08-26-2013

dont worry about friends in highschool you're not there to socialize, you're there to study and become a sheep.

Meph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2013

Highschool doesn't officially recognize or endorse the current highschool meta. Do your own thing. Be yourself. Try to make friends, but if they don't like you for you, then they aren't the type of people you want to be friends with in the first place. Caring, compassionate, intellectual individuals don't discriminate like that.

10 years after you graduate you will know who you are and you will have more friends and life experiences than those who chose to conform to trends for the sake of coddling their insecurities.

CallMeSion

08-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTroyzilla View Post
Get a job in the game industry. Your lack of a tan will become a badge of courage.
Give this man a medal.

koemans

08-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeSion View Post
Give this man a medal.
Yes!

Milkyway457

08-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meph View Post
Highschool doesn't officially recognize or endorse the current highschool meta. Do your own thing. Be yourself. Try to make friends, but if they don't like you for you, then they aren't the type of people you want to be friends with in the first place. Caring, compassionate, intellectual individuals don't discriminate like that.

10 years after you graduate you will know who you are and you will have more friends and life experiences than those who chose to conform to trends for the sake of coddling their insecurities.
Sometimes we need to change in order to accommodate. I am not saying change your whole personality, just some aspects of it. Maybe change your hair cut or your clothes or some others, im sure you that you know.
Try and involve your self in social events, maybe you're the one who's keeping this distance and others just think that this is your choice.

Mugenman88

08-26-2013

So was I, want to be friends?

BTW it gets better in college

jimlaheysadrunk

08-26-2013

^^ wait for college dude. it gets way better. waaaaaaaaaaaaay better. but stay away from the red rope licorice.

Koechophe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2013

Find something that you're passionate about. Most people in high school waste all of their spare time on videogames/social media. Instead, use your spare time to discover what you're good at and what you actually like learning. That'll make figuring out what you want to do with your life a lot easier, and it'll generally make you happier. And it makes it easier to find people who have the same interests as you.

Also, 99% of the time, high school friendships don't make it out of highschool. But at the same time, if you have people you can talk to at school, it makes school a bit more fun. So try your best to be nice and open, and you'll probably get yourself some acquaintances.

Milkyway457

08-26-2013

Hey, i know exactly how it feels cause i have been there.
I've just finished school few months ago and soon i'll be going to dentistry school, can't wait .
I've had one of the worst high school experiences for some while. I had what is called "delayed puberty" which sux balls. I found out about it when i hit 15 years old and couldn't tell my parents till 16, then i had a surgery, lol, and now im much better. I had the body of a 12 years old while i was 16. I was the weakest out of all cause my body just wasnt as tough as a the other guys', it was terrible. I actually became very sensitive, i ditched my friends, cause i didn't feel that i filled there anymore. I was alone, didn't want to go to school anymore, almost left school. Then i asked my parents to take me to some therapist, which wasn't easy at all, words weren't coming out of my mouth. Then the therapist told me that if i was keeping others away from me, which is the reverse of what i thought. That didn't convince me at first, but it turned out to be tge truth. I found a great a friend who introduced me to some other amazing friends. Just be more opened.

Now i couldn't go to some gym so i could get the shape the others had, cause i my body was still in it's growing process unlike others, lol. I started to work harder in school and gor higher marks. I wasn't nerdy or anything. I was trying to have a bit of most.

You're the 4th person i tell them my problem other than my parents and my old therapist .

crunchymunchys

08-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattlestooks View Post
nobody at my high school likes me. Im not a party kid but i'm not a nerd either. What should i do? I dont fit into a highschool niche!! O ya and i don't do sports because i have asthma/am lazy.
stop being so lazy, and just do it! Talk to people they will end up liking you after awhile, even if you annoying them to the end of the earth at the start. Don't be afraid be man! Like a coursing river, be a man!