lol I have no friends

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gorbache

08-26-2013

High school is the first part of your life where you have to deal with the social aspect of life. The important thing isn't to be popular, to have many friends, or to do sports, but to understand how and why things happen when you have people around you. Took me more than half of high school to understand that (I'm in my thirties now so that's a long time ago). Else than this, ENJOY it. You have no responsibilities now, later on, you'll have to do more work than you have in high school, with the added responsibilities.

On an unrelated note though, I'm not familiar with asthma and how much it limits you, but seriously though, find an activity that you like to do within your limits and do it weekly. Regardless if you are a lab rat, a desk worker or working a manual job, you want to be in a good shape, life is a lot more enjoyable like that. Jogging 20 minutes 3 times a week and you'll feel great, if you do none at all, you'll be going toward bad health and multiple problems (and hey guys or girls always prefer someone who isn't sitting on a couch all day long).

ThisTimeForREALS

08-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fattlestooks View Post
Im not a party kid but I'm not a nerd either.
Resisting the urge to just say "you're posting on the lol forums, pretty sure you're a nerd"...

Highschool kids do like to tag themselves as something. Since they are trying to find their identity, they look to others/other things with which to clothe themselves in an identity, missing the point that so many people try to tell them--you need to make your own identity. You were probably told as a younger child to "be yourself", and now you need to figure out "yourself". Who are you?

To answer that question, you need to ask yourself more questions--what do I believe (in a philosophical sense)? what do I care about? Who matters to me? What do I like to do, and think about? How do I spend my time, and how do I want to spend my time?

When you have answered those questions, do not be ashamed of the answers. Have confidence in this thing you have defined, this "yourself". BE yourself. Because yourself will be something nobody can take away from you. Being a "nerd" changes, because the definition is by who the nerds are (and aren't). Being a "party kid" changes, because what party kids do changes with who the party kids are. But being you is something nobody can change except you.

Having that power is exhilarating, I promise. Good luck.

Source: I am a highschool teacher?

Fattlestooks

08-26-2013

Hmm you guys seem to have mistakenly assumed that because I dont have a social life I do something productive/meaningful with my time. I mean if you consider Dragon Age meaningful...

koemans

08-26-2013

Great poit gorbache,

Personally, i'm into photography so i spent alot of time walking & traveling. It's a great hobby if you want or are forced to work solo.

cutyohairfoo

08-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fattlestooks View Post
Hmm you guys seem to have mistakenly assumed that because I among have a social life I do something productive/meaningful with my time. I mean if you consider Dragon Age meaningful...
Well there's not exactly anything stopping you. Set a goal and devote some time to it every day, you will go places. Somewhere, at least.

Baconstr1pz

08-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomainSpecific View Post
I am 21 and while I made friends in high school, I made 0 in university.

People in university do not hang out in 'gangs' with similar people, it is more a mixture of all different kinds of persons. That makes it harder to make friends because you actually have to get to know people, not just get assimilated by people who are like you.

People like me have no chance there, lol
this is so me, highschool its easy to amke friends becuase of how its set up in uni you almost have to go out of yoru way to strike up a convo

DoctorBeer

08-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTroyzilla View Post
Get a job in the game industry. Your lack of a tan will become a badge of courage.
Is this an invite to hang out with our own kind?

inplane

08-26-2013

High School "popularity" is nothing once you reach the real world.
Sure, you can be the superstar of the school but if you're dumber than a sack of peanuts, have fun getting a job 'cause "popularity" won't get you anywhere.

ChoboPuffs

08-26-2013

Disregard Friendship, Acquire ELO

koemans

08-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by inplane View Post
High School "popularity" is nothing once you reach the real world.
Sure, you can be the superstar of the school but if you're dumber than a sack of peanuts, have fun getting a job 'cause "popularity" won't get you anywhere.
True. Alot of 'populair, arrogant / *****y' females on my highschool ended up as a cashier in the local supermarket or unemployed and pooping out babies since their 20s..