A Little More Balance in Normals, Please?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

El Zapatista

08-20-2013

Like many people, I use normals as a way to practice new champions and refine mechanics. However, there are some serious flaws with team balance in the majority of games I have. Either the enemy team is loaded with Diamond players and my team has Silvers/Golds, or it's the other way around. Last game, there was a level 28 Ezreal on the enemy team and most of my team was Diamond 1. I spoke to the Ezreal after the game, and he'd only been playing League for a few weeks. Not very fair, if you ask my opinion.

Now I fully understand that Normals are not the main focus of the game. However, it would serve everyone better if matched teams were as balanced as possible. What do I learn if I want to practice Kennen, but get matched against a Riven that's Bronze 3? On the flipside, if my team is all Silvers against a Diamond premade, how can I learn new junglers (let alone have fun) if my team is dying so much before I can gank?

At the end of the day it's not my greatest concern, but I thought it was logical to match up players with even skill levels to get the best performance out of all players. When a game is ridiculously easy or stacked against you, it's not fair or a lot of fun for either side.

El Zapatista

08-21-2013

Bump. Nobody else feels that normals are a mess as far as fun and practice goes?

Vsin

08-21-2013

I dunno, the thing is that Normals run on a COMPLETELY different MMR set than Ranked. So, inevitably, you're going to have those Diamond 1 guys who haven't touched Normals in years (aka low MMR) up against solid-ok players with more games.

I dunno, maybe it would be better if Ranked had *some* impact on Normals, but then you'd run into the other issue where people with high MMR might be forced to wait the length of a game to get into a game, just because their MMR is high.

El Zapatista

08-26-2013

Just had a game where the other team was completely D1 and my team's highest was Plat IV. 2 towers fell within 7 minutes and I managed to get 1 jungle buff before their entire team started living in our side of the jungle. Stuff like this happens, but every other game is a flaw in Riot's design.