Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


I try my best every game, but still lose

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sinister Edward

Member

08-25-2013

Hello, I have been stuck in silver 1 for a long time now. I know ill never get out until season 4 starts. I starting this thread by saying no matter how good you do it doesn't matter. Im not going to say I do good every game or elo hell. But im sick and tired of losing because of others that just don't listen. I feel the only way to get out is to win promotion matches before you start getting 3 lp. I hate when i hear people say if you do good most of your games eventually you will get out. This is not true I am proof that its not true my stats don't lie. I feel like riot doesn't pay attention too the ranking system, and im tired of getting players that don't belong in silver. Anyways I hope I get good feedback, not any feedback saying get better or trolling thank you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whoa There Betsy

Senior Member

08-25-2013

How would you fix the ranking system?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sinister Edward

Member

08-25-2013

Quote:
Whoa There Betsy:
How would you fix the ranking system?

I would match players who are in promos with players that are in promos. I would prefer if there were no players that have 12 matches and are in silver but haven't prove they should be there. This is why you see so many players stuck in bronze 5, silver 5, etc.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whoa There Betsy

Senior Member

08-25-2013

Quote:
Sinister Edward:
I would match players who are in promos with players that are in promos. I would prefer if the there were no players that have 12 matches and are in silver but haven't prove they should be there. This is why you see so many players stuck in bronze 5, silver 5, etc.


Ok so if you match players in promos with only others that are in promos then you would have longer queue times. Could be 30min+ depending on the time of day. Not many people are actively playing for their promos and the chances of somebody queuing up while in one when you do is much lower than to play with players not in their promos.

How does a player with only 12 ranked matches prove they belong in the division? What is the new way to determine where people belong?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vepenar

Senior Member

08-25-2013

Quote:
Sinister Edward:
Hello, I have been stuck in silver 1 for a long time now. I know ill never get out until season 4 starts. I starting this thread by saying no matter how good you do it doesn't matter. Im not going to say I do good every game or elo hell. But im sick and tired of losing because of others that just don't listen. I feel the only way to get out is to win promotion matches before you start getting 3 lp. I hate when i hear people say if you do good most of your games eventually you will get out. This is not true I am proof that its not true my stats don't lie. I feel like riot doesn't pay attention too the ranking system, and im tired of getting players that don't belong in silver. Anyways I hope I get good feedback, not any feedback saying get better or trolling thank you.


Thing is KDA does not matter. take a look at my last game, I played jungle nasus and went 2/2/8. Not an amazing KDA, but I did my job I secured dragons,warded buffs etc, now take a look at the anivia on my team. They anivia went 0/5/13. A terrible KDA, but she did her job she landed decent walls, helped with dragons. stopped ziggs from roaming. A good KDA on a losing team means you often were not doing something right. if your the only one winning your lane on your team. you then have to win the other lanes for your team. looking at your match history you play very mobile ap assassins. if the other lanes are warded buy a pink because since they are losing their lane they prob can't pink to clear wards.
tl;dr, shove your turret, then live in the other lanes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vepenar

Senior Member

08-25-2013

Quote:
Sinister Edward:
I would match players who are in promos with players that are in promos. I would prefer if there were no players that have 12 matches and are in silver but haven't prove they should be there. This is why you see so many players stuck in bronze 5, silver 5, etc.


I;d rather be matched with a team full of silver players who have only played less than 50 matches than a team full of silver players that have played over 400 matches, because more often than not that silver 2 with only 20 ranked matches is prob way better than that silver 4 with 500 ranked matches. I'm guilty of the same thing myself I've played liked 500+ ranked and i'm still in silver. I know i'm trash. so just because someone hasn't played a lot of ranked yet they are still in the same div as you doesn't make them worse than you,if anything it usually makes then better than you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sinister Edward

Member

08-25-2013

Quote:
Vepenar:
Thing is KDA does not matter. take a look at my last game, I played jungle nasus and went 2/2/8. Not an amazing KDA, but I did my job I secured dragons,warded buffs etc, now take a look at the anivia on my team. They anivia went 0/5/13. A terrible KDA, but she did her job she landed decent walls, helped with dragons. stopped ziggs from roaming. A good KDA on a losing team means you often were not doing something right. if your the only one winning your lane on your team. you then have to win the other lanes for your team. looking at your match history you play very mobile ap assassins. if the other lanes are warded buy a pink because since they are losing their lane they prob can't pink to clear wards.
tl;dr, shove your turret, then live in the other lanes.

I used to think that kda doesn't mean anything, but then i tell myself a good player except support would always has a good kda. Im not saying it means everything and its the most important. For example lebron couldn't win anything in Cleveland he was mvp and greats stats but couldn't win. What im saying to you is i do help other lanes, but how can i help them when they're so behind and lost a turret.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sinister Edward

Member

08-25-2013

Quote:
Whoa There Betsy:
Ok so if you match players in promos with only others that are in promos then you would have longer queue times. Could be 30min+ depending on the time of day. Not many people are actively playing for their promos and the chances of somebody queuing up while in one when you do is much lower than to play with players not in their promos.

How does a player with only 12 ranked matches prove they belong in the division? What is the new way to determine where people belong?

Then remove promos in general because there nothing but trouble i can win 10 matches in a row, but if lose my promo it wont matter.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whoa There Betsy

Senior Member

08-25-2013

Quote:
Sinister Edward:
I used to think that kda doesn't mean anything, but then i tell myself a good player except support would always has a good kda. Im not saying it means everything and its the most important. For example lebron couldn't win anything in Cleveland he was mvp and greats stats but couldn't win. What im saying to you is i do help other lanes, but how can i help them when they're so behind and lost a turret.


Kills help you secure objectives however, being fed alone cannot win you the game. Let's duo sometime.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sinister Edward

Member

08-25-2013

Quote:
Vepenar:
I;d rather be matched with a team full of silver players who have only played less than 50 matches than a team full of silver players that have played over 400 matches, because more often than not that silver 2 with only 20 ranked matches is prob way better than that silver 4 with 500 ranked matches. I'm guilty of the same thing myself I've played liked 500+ ranked and i'm still in silver. I know i'm trash. so just because someone hasn't played a lot of ranked yet they are still in the same div as you doesn't make them worse than you,if anything it usually makes then better than you.

No because most players are not in the same leagues as others, you can tell that they're not good at all but there stuck in silver 5 because they got placed there. A player can never improve if they get stuck in league there not supposed to be in.


123