@Riot Why exactly can't you put FINISHED REWORKS (like Xerath) on the PBE now?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wezz

08-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bl3u View Post
No offense, but this post seems pretty idealistic and ignorant. Lucian was added to PBE forever-ago, and how many patches came out on live before he was actually included? There is obviously a system in place such that the PBE build is not an exact copy of the next patch's build. I still don't see why xerath couldn't be dropped into the pbe so we can test him out and provide feedback. I mean, the more time we get to try out the changes before he goes to live, the more we will be able to get a feel for his true power level.
I'd think they would get more feedback if they opened the signups MORE THAN ONCE A YEAR

Last signups were january

It's almost september.

oldRakdos

08-25-2013

guys understand that riot have to work in things like balance the champs, the new champs too, reworks and that they dont want to make big changes during E-sports events, also sometimes a rework is hard because they want to maitain the play style of the champ but how when they changing a lot in them

sorry for bad english

Isaac Graber

08-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac Graber View Post
Scorched Earth Renekton.
Addendum:

Replay
Match History
Chamption list

Amuq the Native

08-26-2013

When there were 2 champion releases per month:
"OMG Riot you're releasing too many champs, just slow down and instead fix the existing ones already !"

Now:
"OMG RIOT Y U NO RELEASE MOAR CHAMPS"

Gotta love GD.

Koldheartedjsp

08-26-2013

this question is stupid.

You wanan know why? Because if you put a reworked champion on pbe and it's on there for months upon months then it's affecting the balance of everything else for months and months without even being a final decision

that's why

Samuel L Jaxx

08-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezz View Post
I'd think they would get more feedback if they opened the signups MORE THAN ONCE A YEAR

Last signups were january

It's almost september.
Some people have CLAIMED they were silently opened in April for a few hours.

Vyro

08-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuq the Native View Post
When there were 2 champion releases per month:
"OMG Riot you're releasing too many champs, just slow down and instead fix the existing ones already !"

Now:
"OMG RIOT Y U NO RELEASE MOAR CHAMPS"

Gotta love GD.
First of all, I never complained about too many champs. Honestly I LOVED getting a champ every two weeks.

And also, the complaints here are warranted, as Riot had said they were going to do one champ a month (Which GD was fine with), but instead, it's been OVER TWO since Lucian was even announced, with zero word on a new champ coming out.

Friendly Cadaver

08-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverythingHater View Post
Every time this is brought up in a thread, your answers are just along the lines of "lol release schedule" but god damn guys, I don't think a single person who plays this game would complain about more actual content being added at this point.

Champ releases are slowing to an ungodly crawl, buffs and nerfs are very minor and barely change the way the character feels, and this game feels more stagnant than ever.

And now what? If we want a cool thing like the Xerath or Rengar reworks, we have to wait god knows how many months, despite the former apparently being already completed, just for them to come on PBE, and then another month to actually get them on live?

Meanwhile it's been more than two months since Lucian was announced, and we still have no idea when the next champ, or for that matter, the next actual NEW CONTENT is going to come.

I just want answers. I find it hard to believe there's this super strict release schedule when NOTHING IS GETTING RELEASED
I'm pretty sure Riot made a statement that they were going to make content go to a crawl on purpose until the World Championships were over. Once they are done with that, they will probably be speeding things up in the Champion/New Content process. The reasoning, if I'm not mistaken, is to make sure the pros know what is set in stone for the competitive scene leading up to the end of this season.

Voidgolem

08-26-2013

Tournament Season: No Fun Allowed

naotasan

08-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Because the state of PBE right now is such that we expect PBE to be the *next* patch in the cycle, not the patch X months down the road. (Where X is a value greater than 1, but definitely less than 1,000,000)
3.11 is at least a month away? What happened to my Karma buffs?