@Riot Why exactly can't you put FINISHED REWORKS (like Xerath) on the PBE now?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The MechE

08-25-2013

I think it's stupid not to push "finished" content to the PBE for more test data from players.

That's just my opinion though.

Vyro

08-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanical Heart View Post
I think it's stupid not to push "finished" content to the PBE for more test data from players.

That's just my opinion though.
Agreed. Worlds isn't even an excuse, because the content doesn't HAVE to be released before them.

Majin Bl3u

08-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynt View Post
Okay, so Xerath explained it really nicely and kindly. With the numbers and everything.

Did you notice how this patch is 3.10a? That's because the "a" part doesn't count as an actual cycle. Don't presume to know how naming conventions for software works, if you don't. It wasn't anticipated, and so for every patch that was not anticipated, they increment the letter once. The next patch cycle will be 3.11, even if tomorrow they release 3.10b.

But I have a feeling you just want to see Xelnrath, because you're bored, and you'll resort to any flagrant insult or lie in an attempt at persuasion.
Ok you're just being a jerk. First off I did not flagrantly insult Xelnath, I said his post was idealist and ignorant, and then backed up my claims. It is IDEALISTIC to have each version on the pbe go straight, as is, onto live. However this is not always the case. Lucian was just an example but there have been plenty of patches previously that have left out content. I seem to remember howling abyss existing in the pbe for some time before its release.

Second it is IGNORANT to post what he said in light of reasons I just mentioned. I never insulted him and I've provided clear reasons defending what I said.

Next time YOU try to attack someone, maybe you should take your own advice on not "presuming" you know what you're talking about.

And FYI, I never once mentioned the patch numbers or said anything about their naming conventions. But I am full time software developer and version numbers for software do not follow any universal naming convention. It's just made up with the intent to distinguish between builds in some meaningful way.

Ding an Sich

08-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverythingHater View Post
I get that. I really do. That's one of the reasons why you guys don't have 50 new champs running around on PBE. But the thing is, much the the current 3.11 PBE patch, that kind of new content could easily be part of it, because so far at least, there's nothing new coming with it, only the same buffs and nerfs that come with every other patch.

The only difference is that the other patches had a new champ or rework coming with it.
It's not only "what is to be expected", but putting things on the PBE that won't be getting released anytime soon just means they have to work extra hard to work on bugs that may or may not be because they put the new xerath/yorick/whoever else up.

It's like people didn't understand what was taking lucien so long considering his hard ability details/ratio's were no longer changing.

Redeemed RivĂȘn

08-25-2013

I think that it is like cooking. If you added in all the ingredients at once it would be really hard to balance the taste to something acceptable. If they slowly add the patches they can balance more effectively.

Super Explosion

08-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Because the state of PBE right now is such that we expect PBE to be the *next* patch in the cycle, not the patch X months down the road. (Where X is a value greater than 1, but definitely less than 1,000,000)
What about a public awesome realm of awesome where you test-play reworks with tons of people!

Though it might detract population from PBE.

Still! It may be helpful!

Edit: Although! Maybe you set up a temporary client for Xerath rework testing, then put an announcement up to come play some games. Perhaps reasonable logistic load, but potential to reuse the protocol for future stuff.

Isaac Graber

08-25-2013

Quote:
Because the state of PBE right now is such that we expect PBE to be the *next* patch in the cycle, not the patch X months down the road. (Where X is a value greater than 1, but definitely less than 1,000,000)
Scorched Earth Renekton.

Rumble The Hero

08-25-2013

Quote:
You mean the last patch was not on the PBE for 83,333 years.
I thought riot was a ancient species testing our race for war strategies so they can take Runeterra back.

pinguihome

08-25-2013

Xerath rework to be seen in 999,999 patches. You heard it here first.

DonutKingJR

08-25-2013

Quote:
Is that what it was supposed to be? you said "right now" does that mean in the future you intend for the PBE to be an actual testing ground, as opposed to "sneak peak of the next patch" or do you guys like it the way it is?