Rescue the Heart of Sin - (Sign-ups + RP)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aproxima

08-27-2013

Very strangely the shadow users that were present couldn't feel and see much of the shadows, as if the darkness filling the hall was something much more or something completely different. Yet they were capable of shadow jumping to the shadows of those present, creeping their way to the darkness without being noticed by the many men and women that were present.
Even when the dragon tried to lit the hall, the darkness didn't change. Only the already lit places became brighter as well as the reflections of the hook that was hanging there in the hall.
As more people gathered, those behind all of this started feeling satisfied with the attendance, but they'd wait just a little bit longer before actually revealing themselves.
There were already too many powerful people from all across Valoran, so it was impossible to actually feel and detect the presence of those behind this. Everything was overlaid with the auras of the killers, thieves and worse.

(( Just so you know, INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER PEOPLE DURING THIS PHASE ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED.
For example Phantom and Karthus and others as they gave you good material to react to.
Anyway the sign-ups will continue for one last day before I fully launch this. ))

[[ I might have found a little problem in understanding that might have prevented you from talking to others. Yes, the hall is very poorly lit as a whole, BUT there is a circle of light in the middle of the hall where most people have headed (NPCs + some of the OCs as well) and a path that leads from the doors to the circle which is lit as well. So yes if you stay in the darkness, it's unlikely for you to be noticed, but you can clearly see those who chose to enter the light ]]

TheShadowOfChaos

08-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskKarthus View Post
A mysterious black robed figure would walk toward the building with seeming deliberate purpose. His hood would obscure his face, but it was apparent that he knew that something was going on.

As he made his way through the entrance of the building, he noticed someone familiar, "Hello Phantom," he would say, "These are odd occurrences, aren't they? The very feel of this is... off."

The only way to guess that the figure was Karthus was by his voice, for he let no other signs of his presence be known.
Phantom turned behind him to see his lich acquaintance, and gave Karthus a formal bow before speaking. "What brings you here, didn't know that you paid attention to the underworld of Noxus. Always thought you weren't one to interfere much in mortal matters." Using the shadows, Phantom gives some of the shadow users a poke telling them that their hiding spots weren't the best. Meanwhile turning his attention to some of the more...interesting of people.

AskKarthus

08-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadowOfChaos View Post
Phantom turned behind him to see his lich acquaintance, and gave Karthus a formal bow before speaking. "What brings you here, didn't know that you paid attention to the underworld of Noxus. Always thought you weren't one to interfere much in mortal matters." Using the shadows, Phantom gives some of the shadow users a poke telling them that their hiding spots weren't the best. Meanwhile turning his attention to some of the more...interesting of people.
Karthus would reciprocate the gesture, attempting to appear natural, "The Sin Hearts are the plug in the dam. I wouldn't want things here to spill over. This is a problem that I seek to contain. There are worse things than them."

Karthus would whistle, and a crow would fly down from the rafters and land on his shoulder.

Tine

08-27-2013

Percival looked around, vaguely making out the presences of others. "What the hell is this place…" he muttered, a bit more loudly then expected.

MAXOFLIFE

08-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticWarden View Post
Zerikh looked around, vaguely making out the presences of others. "What the hell is this place…" he muttered, a bit more loudly then expected.
"I've heard this is for a mission. I think it involves the Sin's guild. What are you doing here if you don't know what's going on? My name is Seth by the way." Seth placed his watch back into his pocket and extended his hand towards the man.

ThisBeHammdog

08-27-2013

Nadia heard Seth and Zerikh speaking, and Crash tottered over to them. "Excuse me," he said to the two. "Where are we?"

FilFire

08-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisBeHammdog View Post
Nadia and Crash wandered through the streets of Noxus, the yordle mounted on his companion. "C'mon Crash," he said to his dragon. "let's find somewhere to get some grub." The duo stopped in their tracks as they noticed the strange people entering a nearby building. From his knowledge, Nadia knew that the more menacing you are, the more esteemed you are in Noxus. "Maybe they'll have something to eat..." Nadia rode Crash into the hall. "This place isn't too well lit... think you could fix that, buddy?" Crash grunted in agreement, and began to blow out a tiny stream of flame, illuminating their surroundings. He saw the others as they went to where they were going. "Excuse me," Nadia said, Crash hastily scooting along to Raseri and Karsis. "What's this place about, and is there anything we can help with?"

((I hope I didn't screw this up. I really hope.))
Raseri carefully inspects everybody who enters the building after him, one of his ears flicking in annoyance when the dragon enters and starts breathing fire. Luckily the flames are unable to dispel the darkness, but Raseri bares his fangs slightly when the dragon and his passenger walk over to him. Ignoring them probably would not help, so Raseri just glares at the two, although hearing what they're saying he starts to grin.

"Must not have gotten the message, have you? Apparently somebody wants to gather us all for something, and is promising riches for it. I don't think you'll like it though. The message clearly stated that anybody with morals would not be welcome, so a polite little guy like you would be better off leaving."

ThisBeHammdog

08-28-2013

Nadia turned around as Raseri spoke up, and tilted his head. "I'd like to help if there's a problem, though..."

TheShadowOfChaos

08-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskKarthus View Post
Karthus would reciprocate the gesture, attempting to appear natural, "The Sin Hearts are the plug in the dam. I wouldn't want things here to spill over. This is a problem that I seek to contain. There are worse things than them."

Karthus would whistle, and a crow would fly down from the rafters and land on his shoulder.
"So there is something about you that is like me. No one wants chaos to erupt, wouldn't be healthy." Phantom seemed almost amused by the Lich's response. Though he knew Karthus had bigger things to take care of. Whenever they be for the good or worse of the world was unknown.

AskKarthus

08-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadowOfChaos View Post
"So there is something about you that is like me. No one wants chaos to erupt, wouldn't be healthy." Phantom seemed almost amused by the Lich's response. Though he knew Karthus had bigger things to take care of. Whenever they be for the good or worse of the world was unknown.
"Not chaos more than a threat to some things of potential importance. Noxus destabilized wouldn't be a problem if Noxus wasn't an important city-state."

Karthus would whisper something to the crow, who would fly into the shadows. A moment later a tallish figure wearing a hooded cloak made of black feathers would emerge and stand next to Karthus. It would be clear that he wasn't entirely comfortable by the way he stood.

"Phantom, meet Corvus. I normally have him curate and protect my archives, but I figured it would be good for him to spread his wings a little."