The appeal of League of legends?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aiden McSexy

08-25-2013

So, I am doing a project in school and I just wanted to know from you guys, what the appeal of playing League of Legends is! Is it the over sexualised champions, an escape for reality, or just a way to relax. Any answer is fine and I would highly appreciate any help. Thank you!

Another thing I would like to know is who's your favourite champion and why?

Thanks again you guys/girls,

Aiden

Damned Scholar

08-25-2013

For me, it's a game of wits, working together with a group of people to strategize and out-maneuver another group of people. It's a wargame where each player is responsible for one of the pieces, and the intricate pattern of what each individual character can do and how the players use them is highly intellectually stimulating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiden McSexy View Post
over sexualised champions
There's some of that, of course (Katarina's art is Hawkeye Initiative material, and ditto Fiora and Riven), but there are also a number of women in respectable, completely cleavage-less armor (Kayle, skinned Leona, skinned Sejuani). And there's a little over-sexualization happening on the guys' side, too (looking at you, Draven). I have noticed that none of the adult, human women are anywhere near flat-chested, but at least they aren't all as well-endowed as Sona. Overall, the representation of women is not great, but decent. I could go for some more pictures and models of skimpily-dressed dudes to match the girls (we're already getting Pool Party Graves, and Taric has one with ridiculous pink armor).

Agent Zero

08-25-2013

Yes, it is definitely the sexy girl pictures. LOL is one of the few places on the internet where you can see scantily clad women; even if they are only cartoons.

The 30 seconds to 20 minutes that I am waiting for a game to start is the best part of the day as long as someone did not pick Yorick.

Edit: I enjoy the teamwork aspect and strategy behind this game. I play Minecraft or Plants vs Zombies if I want to relax. I play this game for the challenge.

This is Outt

08-25-2013

I find it nice to play a game that has a start and end from time to time, and doesn't involve multiple hours a day really.

I came from playing a lot of MMO's, mostly WoW, and with my work schedule changing and college, I just couldn't play as much as I wanted to, so being able to sit down and play for an hour and get a match in is nice.

As far as the gameplay itself, I think it's really interesting having so many champions, and it's one of those games where most individuals have a different favorite player they excel at. I've always liked the games where even if a Champ or Hero is underplayed, if you enjoy it and practice it enough, you can make it viable with your own skill level.

It also has that RPG feel with the leveling system, to get masteries/runes, etc.

Goodluck on your report

Dreyvan

08-25-2013

I play league because it's different from other MMOs. If I wanted to wander around aimlessly and do pointless quests, collect items, and get the biggest + whatever blah something I could I'd go play WoW.

I enjoy the idea of working as a team.

Lil Blue Cupcake

08-25-2013

I play league because its something my husband got me into and on nights where we don't have much to do we play it to just relax and disengage from the world for a bit. There is nothing like logging on with a few of our friends an acting like kids for a few hours a week.

As for favorite champ and why I would have to say Quinn and the reason I like her is because of her utility and insane ability to become very powerful very fast.

Holywolf25

08-25-2013

I play League for the full enjoyment of it. It gets difficult to try to handle some of the community but other than that it's just fun to laugh with your friends and have a great time. It also helps out on showing that teamwork is vital on some situations that require more than 1 person.

Hope this helps.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

08-26-2013

This probably isn't the best forum for that, as the main crowd is players who are still deciding whether or not they like it.

Beyond that, the questions are a bit leading; I'd prefer leaving it open, or at least questions that don't carry any sort of connotation with them. (If the latter, you should cover every possibility you're concerned with - then a few more - and make sure they're all treated equally.)

AtomicHalley

08-26-2013

I wouldn't say the champions are overly sexualized, though I'll agree that Miss Fortune probably had plastic surgery at some point.. I think her art must have been fanservice for the silicone fetishists out there.

I play because I enjoy it, but it certainly doesn't relax me. Why does anyone play any game? Maybe one day I'll start winning, and then I'll really enjoy it.

I don't really have a favorite champion yet, though I am kind of picky. For me to really like a character he has to have an interesting lore, a good sprite, and a moveset that is at least *considered* viable for most levels of play.

Damned Scholar

08-26-2013

I could definitely see MF visiting a cosmetic surgeon or two. The only question is where: Zaun or Piltover? Sona's chest is rather buoyant for the relatively small level of support she has, but then she also levitates, so maybe the etwahl has some other perks.