Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Question about Mac client's future

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MalikCaesar777

08-24-2013

Hi, so I was wondering if at any point we will need to update our OS to be able to play on the mac client/receive updates.

I know some games require you to buy a new OS in order to keep getting updates and I was curious if this will happen to league in the near future.

Thanks in advance for your time.

thenicksolo

08-24-2013

I'd assume this would only be in the way of a MAJOR client overhaul. Most system requirements are more or less set in stone once a game has "shipped"

I mean eventually will someone have to upgrade from 10.6.8?
Yeah probably, at least on a long enough timeline, but I doubt this game will have super strict client requirements. Most people play on low settings.

FreakinUnoriginl

08-24-2013

While there are a number of potential improvements to the way fullscreen gameplay is handled on Lion or better, Snow Leopard is kind of like the Windows XP of Mac OS X: despite being from 2007, and an update to Lion/Mountain Lion being fairly inexpensive, it's still the OS on about a quarter of Macs. There would need to be a lot of post-Snow Leopard features being implemented, I think, to make them require Lion or better. Or Snow Leopard user base would need to shrink significantly.

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

08-27-2013

We have not run into a compelling reason to stop supporting 10.6.8. I wouldn't worry about us dropping support for 10.6.8 anytime soon.

acrid56

08-29-2013

at least wait long enough for me to save the 2k dollars i neeed for a new mac:P (and 500 for upgrades) or soketghing like that