Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Can you jungle in a 3v3?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vess

12-06-2010

I was wondering if it's possible to jungle in the 3v3 map or if it is just better to lane.

wootwoot123

12-06-2010

better to lane

Balloon Fighter

12-06-2010

It's possible. Not as necessary since it's alteady a gang heavy map

Wuffly

12-06-2010

No, it's 1 top lane, 1 bot, 1 jungle.

Free Rollin Pimp

12-06-2010

Always better to lane, for a number of reasons:
1.A much smaller map means that map awareness is much easier to achieve = someone puts a ward at Red Lizard your jungling will be dead.
2. A smaller map also means less creeps. Pretty self explanatory; less creeps is less xp.
3. If you are in solo queue(which I play a lot) don't even bother because people don't know how to handle a 2v1 lane. I've seen people handling a 2v1 lane try to kill both of the people in their lane. Needless to say, that didn't work out. And guess who the now dead team mate blamed for his death?

Overall, it's just not a good idea. That's not to say that when you are going from top lane to bottom lane, you can't stop by and kill creeps, because that's what they are there for. A little extra gold and xp boost.

Victory

Recruiter

12-06-2010

Jungling is perfectly viable in 3v3. Controlling neutral buffs is one of the more important aspects of the game, and one of the reasons double smite teams have always been a little too powerful on Twisted Treeline.

SoggyPants

12-06-2010

It is not viable in the sense that someone can start in the jungle and stay in the jungle the entire game. The reason for this is because the jungle is highly contested and is the source of most of the PvP. You can't jungle efficiently in such a highly contested area that is so easily accessible to everyone in the map. That being said, "part time" jungling in TT is not only viable but it is necessary. Controlling the jungle in TT is how you win matches. Without exception.

Narnak

12-06-2010

3v3 plays out a lot different than 5v5. It's usually more action packed from the very beginning with both sides vying for control of the jungle. Essentially, because of the way TT is broken up, you can get behind someone for the gank very easily. Splitting up to have 1 take a lane each and the 3rd in the jungle sounds good in theory, but the jungle is not *your* jungle. It is the same jungle the other team is going for as well. So team fights are a constant from start to finish on TT and often the only time people are in lane for more than a wave or two is to push to kill towers or farm while the other team is retreating/rezzing.

At least in my experience anyway. TT has always been very chaotic in the matches I've played. The map is just so small you kinda have to stay with/near your team or be ready to rush in to back them up at all times in the least.

Fastfood

Recruiter

12-06-2010

I have no Idea why SoggyPants was downvoted, he's right on the money.

It's good to have a jungler, but that jungler has to be ready to adapt and gank. This gives a small leveling advantage but more importantly, a buff advantage. Those buffs can win you the game.