Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[8/23/2013] Tentative PBE Changes & Discussion (3.11)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chaosos

08-23-2013

Pwyff, to what degree does the rest of the Live team work with MWAB and Nome on map specific changes?

JebusofChrist

08-23-2013

I see tonnes of questions about Fiora, and no answers.

Can we have an actual fix to her ult so it's actually completely untargetable for the 1.25 seconds?

meadow

08-23-2013

Quote:
Riot Pwyff:
It's contained under the Twisted Treeline / Crystal Scar changes so only those

Thank you for clarifying that up! And I fixed my own typo xD

Duffman316

Recruiter

08-23-2013

Quote:
Riot Pwyff:
What do you mean by "this" when you say "how does this solve the issue."

And as for Master Yi getting adjusted, it was an overall nerf with 3.10a. Are you talking about additional changes after 3.10a? I am confused...

that's about this comment by morello from a few weeks ago

i'm guesising this recent round of nerfs will fix the stomping in low elo but it's only going to make him worse than he already is in higher elo's

Quote:
Morello:
We're looking at some Yi fixes currently and want to get them in for 3.11 - I'd like to have some direction locked by Monday.

Unfortunately, we did not meet one goal we'd hoped to - better in high-ranked games, and not as stompy in low-ranked ones. This is still occurring, which means Yi is in beast mode for a vast majority of players.

i was hoping for something along the lines of a rework to meditate so that you don't root yourself to the spot for 4 seconds

Mallian

08-23-2013

Hi, I'm a gold 1 almost platinum player currently, and if I do not ban kassadin, the enemy team picks it, and we lose, I can only think of MAYBE 3 games that a kass has lost in the 1790-1850 area of elo. Kass is just able to roam WAY too fast and hard, and instantly jump from places that no one else could dream of. My recommendation is to shorten the distance of the ult jump to only be able to clear small walls, and reduce the damage slightly, I also believe that specifically HIS silence is too long for his kit because he also gets a slow, that is just too much cc for one champ. You shouldn't have to 2v1 any champ to beat it just barely in lane, and you shouldn't have to nerf dorans shield and health regen quints to make him killable in the early game. This champ is the ONLY champ that offers LITTLE to NO terms of counter play, you would be LUCKY to kill it once before it's 6. After 6 its THE hardest thing to make contact with. That being said, the cd of the jump should be lengthened also, 4 seconds on a flash mechanic? REAL.

Commando Yi

08-23-2013

Quote:
Mallian:
Hi, I'm a gold 1 almost platinum player currently, and if I do not ban kassadin, the enemy team picks it, and we lose, I can only think of MAYBE 3 games that a kass has lost in the 1790-1850 area of elo. Kass is just able to roam WAY too fast and hard, and instantly jump from places that no one else could dream of. My recommendation is to shorten the distance of the ult jump to only be able to clear small walls, and reduce the damage slightly, I also believe that specifically HIS silence is too long for his kit because he also gets a slow, that is just too much cc for one champ. You shouldn't have to 2v1 any champ to beat it just barely in lane, and you shouldn't have to nerf dorans shield and health regen quints to make him killable in the early game. This champ is the ONLY champ that offers LITTLE to NO terms of counter play, you would be LUCKY to kill it once before it's 6. After 6 its THE hardest thing to make contact with. That being said, the cd of the jump should be lengthened also, 4 seconds on a flash mechanic? REAL.

i do not understand

if they pick kassadin

why don't you just pick fizz?

Riot Pwyff

Player Communications

Follow Riot Pwyff on Twitter

08-23-2013

Quote:
Duffman316:
that's about this comment by morello from a few weeks ago

i'm guesising this recent round of nerfs will fix the stomping in low elo but it's only going to make him worse than he already is in higher elo's

i was hoping for something along the lines of a rework to meditate so that you don't root yourself to the spot for 4 seconds

Depending on how long ago that post was made, it might also have to do with the fact that we split our 3.11 patch up and some of the live balance changes intended for 3.11 were spliced into 3.10a - Master Yi being one of those. I currently do not see any Master Yi changes slated for 3.11 and Live Design is still watching the aftermath of 3.10a.

As for Fiora, I'll try to find the one who made those changes to get them to comment. It may be after the weekend.

Quote:
Mallian:

I agree Kassadin is strong, and I'm currently playing in Plat. That being said, I don't think he's as completely broken as you present. The one thing that frustrates me is that he can get stomped in lane phase but still come out of it strong (for some strange reason even rushing Catalyst / Tear he does extraordinary damage).

Anyway, definitely something to keep an eye on. But you gotta stop with the crazy rhetoric or it'll be difficult to have a real discussion.

iComplicate

08-23-2013

I don't understand the Fiora changes...

If I ult with just a single enemy around, and they walk in to the bush, my ult still goes but I don't do any damage for the remaining strikes?

Mirror

08-23-2013

Quote:
iComplicate:
I don't understand the Fiora changes...

If I ult with just a single enemy around, and they walk in to the bush, my ult still goes but I don't do any damage for the remaining strikes?

It sounds more like "You'll keep Waltzing on enemies who go into brush, and if enemies go stealthed you'll still track them but your strikes will deal no damage."

Mallian

08-23-2013

Quote:
Riot Pwyff:
Depending on how long ago that post was made, it might also have to do with the fact that we split our 3.11 patch up and some of the live balance changes intended for 3.11 were spliced into 3.10a - Master Yi being one of those. I currently do not see any Master Yi changes slated for 3.11 and Live Design is still watching the aftermath of 3.10a.

As for Fiora, I'll try to find the one who made those changes to get them to comment. It may be after the weekend.

I agree Kassadin is strong, and I'm currently playing in Plat. That being said, I don't think he's as completely broken as you present. The one thing that frustrates me is that he can get stomped in lane phase but still come out of it strong (for some strange reason even rushing Catalyst / Tear he does extraordinary damage).

Anyway, definitely something to keep an eye on. But you gotta stop with the crazy rhetoric or it'll be difficult to have a real discussion.

oops I didn't see that I had posted this discussion twice, I tried to edit the first one and repost it, because some of the wording was off, (my first time discussing in forums), and yes, I also agree with you that his damage is pretty dang high "extraordinary", but im ok with high damage because kass himself is squishy, the thing that gets me is that you cannot hit "the squish" because he will POOF NUKE, POOF GONE, and leave you dead or unable to trail his flashes, I do believe that if ramus didn't have powerball, kassadin is the fastest champion to clear the whole rift distance wise, nothing can catch up to it, how is that counterplay? squishy but untargetable for the most part. Then this kicks up another decibel when he gets his zhonyas, after that occurs he's pretty much the caster form of vayne prenerfs, with unerfed bork in hand...