Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[8/23/2013] Tentative PBE Changes & Discussion (3.11)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SonicTheHedgedawg

08-26-2013

Quote:
FlatCap:
Why is it that the world tournament takes precedent over other player's enjoyment? In regards to pieces of the patch being held back in favour of a more stable live environment for worlds, that is.

I have been waiting YEARS for Fiora's ult to work like it's supposed to, and it has been a source of frustration since her release. But, that having been said, I'm just happy enough that it's finally getting looked at, and I can wait a couple weeks for it to make the patch.
Quote:
JebusofChrist:
Smashboards?

Yessir

Riot Pwyff

Player Communications

Follow Riot Pwyff on Twitter

08-26-2013

Quote:
FlatCap:
Why is it that the world tournament takes precedent over other player's enjoyment? In regards to pieces of the patch being held back in favour of a more stable live environment for worlds, that is.

I'll clarify this additionally: Olaf also currently has stability issues that would make us leery even in a regular deploy. In other words, we are on the fence about deploying him with 3.11 regardless. This has everything to do with player enjoyment world-wide if his changes come out buggy.

What tipped the scales in favor of pulling him from the patch was that we also have a huge tournament happening around this time and so we value server stability just a little more. Was it enough of a reason to pull him on that alone? No. Did it influence our decision making process as we weighed risks? Yes. So it's not just a single if A then B kind of situation - it's more of a "hmmm maybe we shouldn't do it." "Oh this is happening, well this makes the decision easier even if we might have made this same decision."

Riot Pwyff

Player Communications

Follow Riot Pwyff on Twitter

08-26-2013

Quote:
SonicTheHedgedawg:
I have been waiting YEARS for Fiora's ult to work like it's supposed to, and it has been a source of frustration since her release. But, that having been said, I'm just happy enough that it's finally getting looked at, and I can wait a couple weeks for it to make the patch.

I think the question I have is what do you think Fiora's ult is supposed to work like?

Also we did not "pull" Fiora from some other patch. She was always intended for this patch (or should be) - we split 3.10 up due to other problems. Stability is important to us regardless of it being a world finals patch or not, so these were choices made in the name of stability alone. It's not a great player experience if we hit game crashing bugs in the name of getting content out super fast.

JebusofChrist

08-26-2013

Quote:
SonicTheHedgedawg:

Yessir

Good heavens, you probably don't remember me, but I used to see you on the Zelda boards a lot. =P

Until you left, 5ever.

Also I think 3.11 might be my favourite patch ever since I started playing.

SnFuBaR

08-26-2013

hey how about riot gets back to that Heimerdinger rework that was supposed to come out before Yi.... ya that one

GTyyy

08-26-2013

So I get on PBE and download a LONG ASS PATCH because I want to play the new olaf and see how he is, I get into a custom and notice he hasn't been changed? What the hell that's dumb so when will these changes actually be on the PBE? Also I kept playing Olaf cause I was already on and I think you should definitely make his Q slow not decay like in the next update if all these changes don't go through it would be a nice buff that would make me play him on live a lot more.

FlatCap

08-26-2013

I guess its just frustrating for some players when they world tournament is being used as the reason for not deploying something, but if its because of stability issues I'd much rather you guys take your time on it so we don't get another leona incident where you were pressured by the community to release something before it was ready and it destroyed the servers for a week haha.

SonicTheHedgedawg

08-26-2013

Quote:
Riot Pwyff:
I think the question I have is what do you think Fiora's ult is supposed to work like?

"Untargetable" in the context of the grand majority of the game, means that you are undamageable OR only able to be damaged by DoT affects already on you. For some reason, despite being an ultimate ability, Fiora's untargetability does not do this. even Yi's delays projectiles, and Fiora's doesn't do that either (maybe it delays them for one strike of her ultimate, hardly noticeable) This is especially bad since Fiora is normally a lifesteal-heavy champion, and will wait until she's lost a little health to use her ultimate, so she can gain it back while ulting.
Similarly, while it is not necessarily supposed to hit untargetable or invisible things, it is way too easy to cancel. I've had it cancelled by an enemy champion walking around a corner of terrain while I was ulting them. That's bad and it doesn't feel like it should possibly work that way.

Fiora's ult shouldn't be ludicrously overpowered, I mean if you exhaust her or blind her during it, she's already essentially useless, but when she ults, she should at least get the satisfaction of using her ult. It shouldn't randomly cancel, leaving you unprepared and suddenly no longer invulnerable and no longer dealing damage. And when the ability says "untargetable" you shouldn't be the ONE exception to the untargetable rule having the weakest untargetability in the game. Right now, to Fiora, literally all it means is that you cannot be clicked on.
- It will not pop projectiles
- It will not protect you from DoT damage
- It will not delay damage
- It will not clear turret agro.
- It is occasionally vulnerable to skill shots mid-ult
- Bots, with their insane timing, can target you during it.

This is not ok. especially the things that are bold. One would expect untargetability to have a unified meaning in LoL, but it does not.
Also, brush-juking and quick invisibility don't feel like they SHOULD cancel an ult that is supposed to lock onto you, and it feels really buggy and unfair when it happens to you. Your foe should feel good enough that going untargeable briefly protects them from your ult, but Fiora feels MISERABLE when she loses her entire ult and is stuck somewhere she doesn't want to be.

Quote:
Also we did not "pull" Fiora from some other patch. She was always intended for this patch (or should be) - we split 3.10 up due to other problems. Stability is important to us regardless of it being a world finals patch or not, so these were choices made in the name of stability alone. It's not a great player experience if we hit game crashing bugs in the name of getting content out super fast.

Just making a point that, if you want it, it's worth waiting for, and you DEFINITELY wouldn't be happy if it caused massive stability issues and got sent out anyway.

Quote:
JebusofChrist:
Good heavens, you probably don't remember me, but I used to see you on the Zelda boards a lot. =P

Until you left, 5ever.

Also I think 3.11 might be my favourite patch ever since I started playing.

what was your name there? I remember most people. And, yeah, I left SSB:B due to GLARING balance issues in the game. It wasn't even fun once people figured out how to abuse advantages, it was so campy.

JebusofChrist

08-26-2013

Quote:
SonicTheHedgedawg:

what was your name there? I remember most people. And, yeah, I left SSB:B due to GLARING balance issues in the game. It wasn't even fun once people figured out how to abuse advantages, it was so campy.

Aerodrome

This account's just an NA smurf (no judging), since I play on OCE under the name Kurogane Hammer lel

Also it's funny how we mained the same character in SSBB and we play Fiora in League! Great minds think alike.

I also agree with your entire post. I don't know why it doesn't clear turret aggro, sometimes it does, other times it doesn't. It's strange.

SonicTheHedgedawg

08-26-2013

Quote:
JebusofChrist:
Aerodrome

This account's just an NA smurf (no judging), since I play on OCE under the name Kurogane Hammer lel

Also it's funny how we mained the same character in SSBB and we play Fiora in League! Great minds think alike.

I also agree with your entire post. I don't know why it doesn't clear turret aggro, sometimes it does, other times it doesn't. It's strange.

I DO remember you. And it probably has something to do with being drawn to playing as strong women for one reason or another

And, yeah, INCONSISTENCY is a big problem for Fiora's ult.