I got Plat II playing almost exclusively Swain

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mirror

08-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Without buffing Swain (you can err on this a little), do you have any suggestions to make the lives of Swain players easier (QoL) or simply more fun? (PSA: We consider QoL typically as changes that smooth out a champion that aren't power-level focused - adding ratios, ranges, etc don't count typically)
May I make a mechanical QoL suggestion?

It'd be very nice to have a way to invert the current "Champion-only" method of casting. Right now, you can set a keybind to act as a modifier that, when held down, makes your targeted abilities only cast on champions. If you're a champion (like Swain) whose single-target abilities deal tons of damage, this means you'd be holding the key down for the entire game, except when helping kill Blue/Dragon/Baron.

It'd be nice to be able to toggle "Champion-only" as the default behavior, and use the modifier for dealing damage to minions/objectives. It's incredibly frustrating that hiding within the line of caster minions can be a counter to champions with a targeted combo.

WaffIeMaker

08-25-2013

I hate you scarizard D:

The Fizznity

08-25-2013

Quote:
3a. If you do have an endgame fantasy that you think fits Swain, do you think it's working out atm? Are there things you think we could do to improve on it?
Not a swain main, but the times I've seen swains be hyper impactful are birdform ults where they vaccuum mass quantities of health from their surroundings, basically turning zhonyas into a "fountain-in-a-bottle".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror View Post
It'd be nice to be able to toggle "Champion-only" as the default behavior, and use the modifier for dealing damage to minions/objectives. It's incredibly frustrating that hiding within the line of caster minions can be a counter to champions with a targeted combo.
I support this. I keep forgetting to map my champion only button to something sensible and would love to invert it for a few of my champions. But only as long as it applies to things like Eve Qs as well =p

agelesser

08-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubby3 View Post
Here is my lolking: http://www.lolking.net/summoner/eune/38883354

I just got to plat I after a 4 game winstream 3 of which were Swain games.

Here is my lolking guide: http://www.lolking.net/guides/183047

If my guide doesnt cover it ask me here, and I will add it to the guide. Also it is my first guide so tell me what I did badly so I can fix it.

If you liked it give it a thumbs up it has low self esteem and needs tons of approval.
could you see my post please??
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...2#post41013302
is my opinion correct??
I'm just a swain lover, i played him a lot, but not as high ranked as you, you're pro!!

PallasAthens

08-25-2013

Quote:
Swain is a pretty powerful champion under the right circumstances, but is typically seen as unpopular. We generally attribute this to his 3 DoT spells and the one delayed skillshot, as deferred reward in our game are appreciated/valued less unless their power is pretty massive (think Death Mark)). That said, a few questions for you sir:

1. Do you feel like you don't have -enough- items to build? Which stats are most important to you as a Swain player? I've always felt like i needed Mana, Mana regen, Health, AP, CDR, Pen, and then Resists - and have often found it difficult to itemize overall.

2. Without buffing Swain (you can err on this a little), do you have any suggestions to make the lives of Swain players easier (QoL) or simply more fun? (PSA: We consider QoL typically as changes that smooth out a champion that aren't power-level focused - adding ratios, ranges, etc don't count typically)

3. What do you feel like is Swain's 'fantasy' as a game goes on - what do you feel defines him? Champions like Ezreal and Vayne want to dart around a fight dealing damage and kiting, Mages like Syndra and Veigar want to set up and then crush their opponent in one blow - what do you think is your 'I am Epic' moment for Swain?

3a. If you do have an endgame fantasy that you think fits Swain, do you think it's working out atm? Are there things you think we could do to improve on it?

(This isn't a precursor to a 'Let's Talk' thread or a Swain rework, just up late watching Gamescom and sincerely interested in what you'd answer as a Swain player.)

Let me know what you think.

Give him Dragon Master Swain. That is, release the skin in Ultimate form. The ultimate fantasy will be complete, he will fit the theme(Dragons breath fire, fire usually is damage over time, the dot fits), and people will love him.

Rikustune

08-25-2013

Do you stream? I'd like to watch if so.

The Cookie

08-25-2013

Hey, I'm a Swain player and I'll answer your questions:

1. I feel like mana is most important on Swain. Mana regen isn't so useful since his ultimate starts costing over 100 mana in teamfights. Other than that, health and resistances are a must on him.

2. When casting W outside of the range, Swain has to walk up and THEN he casts it. I think that a QoL buff would to be that if Swain casts his W outside of the range, he'll cast it at max range. Another thing is this: It's difficult to see the range of your ultimate damage radius, so maybe when Swain goes in bird form, there is a red line that shows the range of your ravens? It would seem so much cooler and awesomer!

3. I think the fantasy is dealing out lots of DoT damage in one combo as well as sticking in the middle of a team and healing up everything.

Flak153

08-25-2013

Quote:
Swain is a pretty powerful champion under the right circumstances, but is typically seen as unpopular. We generally attribute this to his 3 DoT spells and the one delayed skillshot, as deferred reward in our game are appreciated/valued less unless their power is pretty massive (think Death Mark)). That said, a few questions for you sir:

1. Do you feel like you don't have -enough- items to build? Which stats are most important to you as a Swain player? I've always felt like i needed Mana, Mana regen, Health, AP, CDR, Pen, and then Resists - and have often found it difficult to itemize overall.

2. Without buffing Swain (you can err on this a little), do you have any suggestions to make the lives of Swain players easier (QoL) or simply more fun? (PSA: We consider QoL typically as changes that smooth out a champion that aren't power-level focused - adding ratios, ranges, etc don't count typically)

3. What do you feel like is Swain's 'fantasy' as a game goes on - what do you feel defines him? Champions like Ezreal and Vayne want to dart around a fight dealing damage and kiting, Mages like Syndra and Veigar want to set up and then crush their opponent in one blow - what do you think is your 'I am Epic' moment for Swain?

(This isn't a precursor to a 'Let's Talk' thread or a Swain rework, just up late watching Gamescom and sincerely interested in what you'd answer as a Swain player.)

Ignite is way too powerful against healing heavy champs like WW, trundle, maokai, aatrox and swain. unlike the others swain does more damage but relies far more on the healing to stay alive. Its either you ignite him and steam roll him or you don't and he refuses to die. I would like to see ignite nerfed to 25% healing reduction. keep grevious wounds at 50% if you want but if people become forced to buy grevious wounds then the crit/lifesteal item has to be given some lategame upgrade

I would like to see healing nerfed across the board and healing reduction nerfed too. Im okay with ignite and grevious wounds reducing healing but who thought it was a good idea to reduce it by a whopping 50%

TLDR: Ignite makes healing champs too binary. Nerf Healing reduction and nerf healing if you have to. Its okay to keep fizz, kat, MF, tristana as counter picks but ignite is too common to keep this powerful.

Cirixan

08-25-2013

Are you playing support swain or something? Your creep score is insanely low for the games you've been winning, so I was just curious.

Fuzen kuden

08-25-2013

Quote:

finish gutting rangar at least before you look to gut another champ