I got Plat II playing almost exclusively Swain

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fubby3

08-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoanSykes View Post
Really interesting, I just started to main Swain. I prefer to make him all I play if possible. I'm more fond of him from a lore gameplay, but his kit is really fantastic imo. Thanks for this topic.
Np

Tegakari

08-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubby3 View Post
The same reason you dont take flash on singed.
I take flash on singed. I dislike being so fast that I have to turn around to catch people running away. I get way, way more kills if I'm slower- people get baited into thinking they can chase and kill me.

Fubby3

08-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegakari View Post
I take flash on singed. I dislike being so fast that I have to turn around to catch people running away. I get way, way more kills if I'm slower- people get baited into thinking they can chase and kill me.
I dunno, I personaly take ghost on both.

Rift Medic

08-25-2013

The only thing swain needs is a different passive. For a dot based champion I'm surprised his passive doesn't do a mana dot effect on him, whenever he cast an ability each time it ticks he gains mana back.

Raiyn

08-25-2013

Do you feel like with the w changes it is a lot harder to land it when there isn't a stun/slow on the target? Since the changes I feel like I can no longer land long range ws

Also which one tear or chalice? I find as swain ibhave to buy so many items but there just isn't enough inventory space lol

SUPERIOR SK1LL

08-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
1. Do you feel like you don't have -enough- items to build? Which stats are most important to you as a Swain player? I've always felt like i needed Mana, Mana regen, Health, AP, CDR, Pen, and then Resists - and have often found it difficult to itemize overall.

Let me know what you think.
Isnt that part of Swain's identity though?
He does have a big dependency on items and it is difficult to itemize. On the other hand it means since he has been balanced for his tough itemisation when he does get fed enough to buy enough items he becomes a monster

Iron Nick

08-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirixan View Post
I can understand the idea, but 84 cs in 25 minutes, or 77 also in 25 minutes just seems extremely strange. High level mids still maintain atleast around 150 by the 25 mark, even factoring in roaming.
Not as Swain.
Most other midlane champions can easily shove waves and roam. Swain cant really afford to clear the whole wave, unless he spends 3 seconds in ult and burns his W (which is needed both for offense and defense). That's a lot of mana and a precious CD. You have to sacrifice those CS in order to roam effectively, and have a bigger impact where you can - in ganks and teamfights.

Fubby3

08-25-2013

Buhmp behhfore beeed

Kandehbar

08-25-2013

the only problem swain has is that He rely's on the most expensive stats in the game, Mana/mana regen and it so happens that those items only excel when your ahead or your a tank/bruiser ( frozen heart/Iceborn Gauntlets ).

Furi Kuri

08-25-2013

Oh great he wants to Scarizard another champion.