A nasus with an infinatly farmed q hits a sion with a thornmail and infinite HP

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Verandure

08-23-2013

This question assumes that infinity minus infinity is zero. It's not; therefore, Nasus dies.

Tha Question

08-23-2013

Actually neither could be infinite. They have caps, it just takes a couple years to reach ya know.

GlobDaBlob

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-23-2013

Once again, infinity is not a number so this question makes no sense to even ask

The Urf Life

08-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurplePickle View Post
Lim______3x
x->∞___-------
________x(.3)

l'hopitals rule

3/(.3)=10

This limit diverges meaning that nasus's q is increasing at a higher rate than the rate of sions health.

Of course this is meaningless because nasus still has base health and 30% of infinity is still infinity so they would both die.
Wha

InkredibleM

08-23-2013

Only possibility for Nasus is death so it's either they both die or Sion wins.

TrulyBland

08-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobDaBlob View Post
Once again, infinity is not a number so this question makes no sense to even ask
I wouldn't go that far... I'd just say the question isn't properly defined.
If you look at "infinite farm" as the farm you have after infinite time or infinite creeps, you can compare their speed of farming and calculate the limit of the event "Nasus hits Sion (/w thornmail) with Q after x seconds/creeps of farming" for x -> infinity.

as PurplePickle calculated already, both will die... hoooowever he forgot to account for Sion's resistances. If he goes for 6 Thornmails, and Nasus has no armor pen, it might still work out for Sion to survive.

PHoToS999

08-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAScientist View Post
nothing happens, because infinity is unreachable and the scenario can't happen
Infinity is a mathematical value commonly used in higher maths. Since this encounter is represented by equations, it is a possible scenario.

ChakatSilvermane

08-23-2013

I thought I heard somewhere that Sions health actually caps, while Nasus' q doesn't...

Biffels

08-23-2013

Sion wins, 100 armor=50% reduction from physical damage, would take 2 hits (I'm assuming infinity to just be a really large number...) and Nasus still has base health...

Idk how purple pickle got his conclusion. I'm guessing x is minions killed, the numerator is obviously Nasus' bonus damage and the .3 is...? It's not Sion's health per kill (also 3 at rank 5) and nothing else in this scenario is scaling off minion kills...except for the damage returned by Thornmail which would be 0.9x physical damage (from 3*.3)
Still diverges though, but it means that Nasus Q is gaining damage faster than Thornmail's return damage is (obviously since it's only 30%)

Nasus base health is 2030 so Nasus loses when...
2030=0.9x*0.65 if we assume his base MR in there too
x=3471 minions.

Sion would have 12688hp at x=3471 (assuming level 18, base health and stuff included)
Nasus would hit Sion for 10523 (armor from Sion base+Thornmail not even included yet)

Until 3471 minions, neither die if Nasus casts Q one time only.
At 3471 minions, Sion wins every time since at 3471 minions he lives with ~2k hp and since they both scale at 3x he will always have that 2k left...lots more left if we want to factor in even his base armor...

Giant list of assumptions because otherwise this is a stupid thought experiment:
Sion has Max E for ALL of his farm.
Nasus' farm is ALL on his Q
Both are level 18
Nasus keeps his base HP/MR only
Exludes Nasus Passive also since you can't lifesteal with 0hp (blame Riot's equation)
Probably some others I'm not thinking of, but you get the idea.

Corruption44

08-23-2013

sion lives since
infinite damage after thornmails 100 armor worth of mitigation != infinite health

10000*.7 != 10000