Lucian vs. Varus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rozzie

08-22-2013

So, I'm having trouble with Lucian.

My normal ADC is Varus. I love his range and his kit works for how I play carries, and while I know Lucian might be a better comparison to someone like Ezreal in mobility, I'm more practiced with Varus.

What are your opinions on either champion as far as strengths/weaknesses? I understand there may be better champions for the role, but lets make the comparison with these two champions in mind.

(If you prefer one champion or the other, leave a comment why, I might learn something )

Blade of Justic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-22-2013

As someone whom also used Varus a lot, I can tell you that Lucian is much different. Lucian is more about moving around the battlefield to gain the vantage points on your enemies.

As such, he seems to play a more "slippery" play style than Varus who is more about sniping people after getting stacks on them.

Bignoober22

08-22-2013

I think you should pick Lucian with burst and CC. His ultimate does absolutely insane single target damage if you can keep someone locked down long enough to actually hit it. I believe it is the strongest single target spell in the game if the full thing hits. Does about 3.3k damage late game.

EDIT-This is to say I think you should do something like Amumu Zac or Rammus jungle with a Kennen top or Lissandra mid or something. Because if you can keep someone still for three seconds they have to take a serious ass beating.

Rozzie

08-22-2013

I was vastly underwhelmed with Lucians ultimate, but that might have been because everyone knows how to deal with it. Move. It could very well be my fault, and I agree that it's painful, it's just more difficult to get the full effect out of reliably. A Varus ult in a teamfight would help Lucian quite a bit lol.

To elaborate I feel like Lucian has good damage potential, but his kit doesn't play how I feel it should when I play him. When I Q, I feel like it should be a skill shot, and it throws me off. I think Lucian has a great aa animation, better than Varus for sure there, so i'll cs better, but Varus' Q will get me more kills that I miss out on with Lucians shorter range.

xXzeldastepXx

08-23-2013

One thing is that varus is lucians counter so yea not good for lucian

xXzeldastepXx

08-23-2013

I use him a lot and people tell me that he's more like a water down vayne i don't know about that but i love lucian he's such a good champ and his skin recail is so awesome