Lucian vs. Varus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rozzie

08-22-2013

So, I'm having trouble with Lucian.

My normal ADC is Varus. I love his range and his kit works for how I play carries, and while I know Lucian might be a better comparison to someone like Ezreal in mobility, I'm more practiced with Varus.

What are your opinions on either champion as far as strengths/weaknesses? I understand there may be better champions for the role, but lets make the comparison with these two champions in mind.

(If you prefer one champion or the other, leave a comment why, I might learn something )

Blade of Justic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-22-2013

As someone whom also used Varus a lot, I can tell you that Lucian is much different. Lucian is more about moving around the battlefield to gain the vantage points on your enemies.

As such, he seems to play a more "slippery" play style than Varus who is more about sniping people after getting stacks on them.

Bignoober22

08-22-2013

I think you should pick Lucian with burst and CC. His ultimate does absolutely insane single target damage if you can keep someone locked down long enough to actually hit it. I believe it is the strongest single target spell in the game if the full thing hits. Does about 3.3k damage late game.

EDIT-This is to say I think you should do something like Amumu Zac or Rammus jungle with a Kennen top or Lissandra mid or something. Because if you can keep someone still for three seconds they have to take a serious ass beating.

Rozzie

08-22-2013

I was vastly underwhelmed with Lucians ultimate, but that might have been because everyone knows how to deal with it. Move. It could very well be my fault, and I agree that it's painful, it's just more difficult to get the full effect out of reliably. A Varus ult in a teamfight would help Lucian quite a bit lol.

To elaborate I feel like Lucian has good damage potential, but his kit doesn't play how I feel it should when I play him. When I Q, I feel like it should be a skill shot, and it throws me off. I think Lucian has a great aa animation, better than Varus for sure there, so i'll cs better, but Varus' Q will get me more kills that I miss out on with Lucians shorter range.

xXzeldastepXx

08-23-2013

One thing is that varus is lucians counter so yea not good for lucian

xXzeldastepXx

08-23-2013

I use him a lot and people tell me that he's more like a water down vayne i don't know about that but i love lucian he's such a good champ and his skin recail is so awesome

stevenguy

06-06-2014

Omg i said hi then a girl slaped me

SgtCrispy

06-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXzeldastepXx View Post
One thing is that varus is lucians counter so yea not good for lucian
If anything Lucian being able to use his dash not only to dodge Varus' Q but also remove his slow makes him counter Varus. It's not really a counter on either end though.

Lokey

06-06-2014

after lucian uses his q punish him, walk up, last hit a creep to get the as from passive, q, e, then back off. He won't have any response. As long as you don't miss your kit you shouldn't lose to him at 6.

NeonPro

09-14-2014

i think lucian is a easy champion and you could do alot of damage is team fights. My second time playing lucian, i got 26 kills for my team