The Thread By Scooter Sparkle got deleted.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pruck2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-23-2013

[QUOTE=WookieeCookie;40957082]
Unfortunately it just isn't as easy at the moment as you make it seem. Especially when you have an active group of posters who routinely do their best to cause trouble for moderators and then a second later will make posts crying that they got banned. With that said, I don't think it's an unsolvable problem either. If we put a man on the moon, I think we can tame General Discussion.[quote]

Why not IP ban the people you know who constantly do it? Even just a ban from posting could be useful. Seriously, you guys are shooting yourselves in the foot then expecting players to feel bad.

There most likely would not be a reveal of information about the results of any investigation. You will however see results in other ways. Like our new security measures which will be released soon to better protect everyone's accounts.
[quote]
I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what is going on that every is so freaked over, however, someone has my personal information. More than I'd ever give to ANYBODY. He violated my privacy as well as plenty of other laws when they obtained such information. I would like to see some kind of news article explaining who it is when you find out, so I can file proper legal action against him personally. Plenty of people did this with the Sony issues, and it worked out in their favor. If, however, you don't release information regarding who it is, I guess that'd be some sort of obstruction of justice, and I'd have to go through 5 layers of issues just to get his name, but I'm pretty certain that in the end, I'll have it no matter what. If this is about another issue, sorry, but off-topic or not, it all stands true, and extremely justified I'd think.
If someone trolled me all day every day, I'd be upset. I'd report him, I'd hope he got banned, and I'd move on. He has violated my privacy, and I absolutely will not stand for that. In cases involving personal issues, people deserve names to follow-up with legal action if they so please to.
I'd also like to point out that the security violation caused my "secure password" to be possibly compromised. Meaning I have to think of any account (that's a joke) that I used this password on, ever, because most of them are used for banking, and other EXTREMELY vital things. All of which were linked to the email address you guys had on file. Which just so happens to have the same password as my account here as well. I trusted your company among a "high security system", and I'd just like to make sure I can also follow-up on damages he may do to accounts I forgot about.

Good post, but it's not because they're afraid their mains will get banned. In fact, a lot of their mains have already been banned for a violation of one kind or another. Many of them are on their 3rd, or 4th alt already. I have no doubt they'll be back in some form or another.
[quote]

I'll repeat myself, IP ban them.

The idea that a Rioter has participated in shielding another from any sort of disciplinary action is an example of the kinds of reasons we don't allow public naming and shaming because it is 100% false.

But when posters keep repeating the same rumors and fabrications they start to take a life of their own and only fuel the witch hunt further.

It's extremely destructive and very frighting for those being repeatedly attacked for something they never did based off of rumor and half-truths.

If A Rioter was involved in any sort of misconduct I can tell you right now they would be in serious trouble. The kind of trouble that usually involves a kick out the door than a slap on the wrist. It's happened before. We expect more from those that work here.
[quote]
I know it's happened before. We all do. So why are you surprised people think it's happening again? If you mean the whole protection from being persucuted for hacking, as has been floating about, then why isn't that a reasonable thought? If he/she were to throw the person under the bus, they'd out the Rioter, resulting is just about as much trouble as if they did help "shield" them. You guys also stick together very closely (as is expected) and blindly assume no fault on eachothers part because of you being a fellow co-worker. That's how it happened before.

I'd really just like to say that this post is mostly made because I'm waiting on a name for the person who hacked all the accounts. I don't expect it tomorrow, or even in the next month. I just expect it one day. If I do find out you guys caught somebody for it, and don't give a name, I'll be talking to a lawyer about what I can do against you as well. I enjoy the company, I really enjoy the game, but there is no reason you should be protecting a criminal. Once you have enough evidence to call the police, you have good enough reason to "out him/her" on the main site. I'm personally just sick of companies protecting criminals these days, so I'm gonna to make sure to take action.

I'd also just like to point out, if you don't name him, and if it actually is possible to hit you guys with a charge for "protecting a criminal", I can assume each and every player who had their account information compromised would be able to file the same lawsuit against your company.

Again, I mean no threats by all this, I'm just tossing thoughts out there, in hopes you guys will just make things easy on all of us, and follow the morale, and legal route to this.

MeowMixWarrior

08-23-2013

I already have my tinfoil hat on.

I am burning anything that is printed on paper.

I am systematically pulling out all my teeth.

I have stopped drinking the Tap water.

I have thrown out all my phones and now only answer by carrier pigeon.

In fact I have thrown my computer out and I am on GD posting with a typewriter and viewing the forum through an etch a sketch.

my body is beyond ready.

UgIierBetty

08-23-2013

Once upon a time in elementary school my mama told me that "playing the principal" at school was not the right course of action.

It's none of my business if Jane Smith gets a detention or not. I would get so worked up and blubber like a toddler: "Why do I get this punishment and she doesn't!?" Reality was, Jane Smith was punished just as much as I was: the principal did not need to indulge me with that information because it was none of my business.

The moral of my story is: who cares whether or not this random-ass girl was involved in this behaviour. It's none of your business, really. It's not your job to police other people's accounts and decide for yourselves what should be done.

Plus, public witch hunts are just disgusting. Period. I am truly disgusted in the community if this is how GD handles these situations. You're like toddlers, and WookieeCookie is like the parent who has to deal with the incredibly foolish behaviour.

Bossman POJO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-23-2013

thank you wookie, i was scared when the hacker was able to get my first and last name in a matter pf seconds, it kinda puts my mind at rest with thte fact that its being looked into.

thank you
master of cuddles,
Bossman POJO

Cynicatt

08-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruck2 View Post
Your post was really long...
I'd just like to point out that IP bans do nothing because IP addresses are really easy to change.

Krivinn

08-23-2013

I can definitely tell this WookieeCookie guy is an XJ9 smurf.

Better Ban Sona

08-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Rook View Post
Your post was really long...
I'd just like to point out that IP bans do nothing because IP addresses are really easy to change.
People used to use IP bans in the past of course, but many are just unaware now that they no longer work.

Comboman77

08-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krivinn View Post
I can definitely tell this WookieeCookie guy is an XJ9 smurf.
He's a Rioter....

CONSIPIRACY FOUND

Typhnox

08-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
If we put a man on the moon, I think we can tame General Discussion.
Good luck lol wookie.

Cynicatt

08-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Better Ban Sona View Post
People used to use IP bans in the past of course, but many are just unaware now that they no longer work.
Just trying to help someone out, because I know GD will disregard someone's entire post and downvote them to hell just because they say one incorrect thing. :3