The Thread By Scooter Sparkle got deleted.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Urf Life

Senior Member

08-22-2013

Thank you wookie for being reasonable and not hostile, I appreciate it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vikaryous

Senior Member

08-22-2013

Normally I'm all for emotionless professionalism, but good on you Wookie for getting a little snarky with some of these nimrods.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YoungSushi

Junior Member

08-22-2013

Favoritism confirmed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

March of Dimes

Senior Member

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
We've already commented on the matter a little over a month ago. We have nothing more to say and no amount of gnashing of teeth and fake internet outrage will adjust our stance on the matter.
I don't care about the specific case, I don't care about whether you're right or wrong either, but...

Can Riot please stop referring to dissent as "fake" internet outrage? Why must it be fake? Because we're not allowed to care about issues that don't directly affect us? Because the community must be faking their outrage for ulterior motives?

Again, I couldn't care less about this specific case, but I've seen the phrase used before, and it's really quite condescending/elitist to pretend like any disagreement with the way Riot's doing something is necessarily a put-on.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RoyalAtreyuX

Senior Member

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
If someone is guilty we make sure the punishment fits the crime. Regardless you wouldn't hear about it here, and we simply won't tolerate naming and shaming. On this issue, or others. It's not a matter of favoritism, but a blanket matter that affects all players. Unfortunately this one keeps hitting the spot light making it seem like no one else gets banned for naming and shaming, which simply isn't true.
Thank you. All I wanted to know. Sorry that I got antagonistic in the process. I love the game, I love how involved you all are with it, I just wanted to make sure this was legitly getting considered.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arceoxys

Senior Member

08-22-2013

holy **** GD is such a blood thirsty mob. i personally hope that GEM has punishment for what happened but why do you people get induced into such a frothing rage at not knowing her punishment like goddamn


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vinyl Skratch

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
Incorrect. The thread was directly demanding that a specific player be punished to satisfy a vocal minority on GD's thirst for vengeance.




We've already commented on the matter a little over a month ago. We have nothing more to say and no amount of gnashing of teeth and fake internet outrage will adjust our stance on the matter.





Of course an investigation has started. And of course we're not going to comment on it publicly. This isn't mob justice.




Agreed. Which is why those who do this end up punished. Complaining about it on GD won't help speed up the process.




Jeez. And you wonder why people don't comment on issue like this.





They ALWAYS say they "know the CEO of the company". Come on dudes, don't be so gullible. The amount of silly conspiracy theories lately is just ridiculous.




I see this complaint a lot. You're assuming those players are not punished as well. Let's be real. Our forums are HUGE. There are quite a few things that get people banned on a daily basis including: "spam, porn, and generally hateful topics". Most likely they will continue to be posted and we will do our best to clean it up, but sometimes it will slip through. Regardless that doesn't excuse starting witch hunts, that's why It's ALL against the rules.




If you believe any of that then you should check any of the fillings you got recently. I heard the government is using them to track your every word and movement.

Unfortunately the Reptillians go straight to the top.




It's funny how much misogyny there has been over this issue.




I take that back. The misogyny is really sad and pathetic.





Sorry we're not handling the situation to General Discussion's specifications.




I'm afraid we've already commented on the matter. There isn't anything else to say and our stance, especially on Naming and Shaming remains the same.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...04082#39004082



I'd like to challenge you on this. Where did we say that "everything is fine go home?" all of our comments on the matter were that we were looking into it. Which we were, and we followed up with specific actions.

Also we have moderated threads dealing with Pro-Players when they cross the line. I have plenty of tickets waiting me complaining about this fact.




Without knowing your specific account I can't say specifically what happened. If you have an issue with a moderation decision then you can write us a ticket. I DO know however, that most of the complaints I get on our support site are from Level 5 Alt accounts from the same set of players who KNOW what they're doing but are always shocked with feigned outrage when they end up getting banned. There is no amount of posting that would satisfy these players.




No one has received special treatment. All I can say is mob justice does not guide our hand. And if we were to even take action we wouldn't even comment on it.




Thank you. We can't be everywhere at once.





I'm not afraid of the downvotes.



Please take a Civics 101 class.
You claim you can't be everywhere at once to the person who pointed out the pornography in Scarizard's thread. So take the fact that a lot of us have done nothing to blindly accuse, but directly evidence the fact GEM has defied the rules Riot has put forth in terms of cheating for reward. Even if it's virtual, it's the principle of the thing that's the big problem here.

You can't be everywhere at once, so we're doing your job and pointing out quite a big problem that you've to this moment done NOTHING about. Here's some interesting food for thought, you preach your "No naming and shaming" policy yet about two weeks ago and periodically before then since about a year ago, people endlessly insulted XJ9. Some people went as far as to mess with his Leaguepedia and say he's been sucking dick fulltime since dropping out of high school and brag about it. While also on these very forums themselves telling him to die, calling him a slew of merciless names etc. What's been done about that? Nothing.

I can't begin to tell you how many times I'd seen people saying XJ9 should kill himself in a forum, nothing happens. But Gem posts and I say "Go get banned and go get ELO boosted by XJ9 more." the thread is INSTALOCKED. Explain to me why when it's insults to XJ9 you'll all sit on your hands, but when it involves Gem, it's suddenly you neckbearded virgin forum mods FINALLY decide to do your fking job?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cynicatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
There's a lot to discuss.
-snip-
If A Rioter was involved in any sort of misconduct I can tell you right now they would be in serious trouble. The kind of trouble that usually involves a kick out the door than a slap on the wrist. It's happened before. We expect more from those that work here.
-snip-
Then we agree.
I thank you again, sir.
This was exactly the kind of red response I've been wanting to see on the issue, I finally don't feel like I need to talk about this incident anymore.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Better Ban Sona

Senior Member

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
Incorrect. The thread was directly demanding that a specific player be punished to satisfy a vocal minority on GD's thirst for vengeance.
This doesn't excuse the general behavior of the mods when closing/deleting threads, and outright banning players though. Even if it is true in this one case, there is still a very obvious problem here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
We've already commented on the matter a little over a month ago. We have nothing more to say and no amount of gnashing of teeth and fake internet outrage will adjust our stance on the matter.
This is just condescending. You are implying that anyone who speaks out about the issue truly doesn't care about it, and are just posting to create an uproar for the fun of it. This may be true of some individuals, but do not dismiss everyone like that.


Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
Of course an investigation has started. And of course we're not going to comment on it publicly. This isn't mob justice.
This I fully agree with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
Agreed. Which is why those who do this end up punished. Complaining about it on GD won't help speed up the process.
This one is a little sketchy, mainly because the mods here have been proven to single out certain individuals. There are many people out there posting hentai, or being verbally abusive to other players, etc. Most of them are not banned unless they are blatantly obvious in their abuse. Only certain, well known posters are more targeted.

1) Of course, they post more often, so their posts are more likely to be seen.

2) The problem here is the content they are banned for. For example, CM being deleted over the pic we are now all well aware of. Those types of pics are posted literally hundreds of times by many different posters. This is a problem with consistency.


Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
Jeez. And you wonder why people don't comment on issue like this.
Again, very condescending. You cite one person who is obviously trolling, or not very smart, and equating the entire group to him. That is ridiculous, and unprofessional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
They ALWAYS say they "know the CEO of the company". Come on dudes, don't be so gullible. The amount of silly conspiracy theories lately is just ridiculous.
You expect we all believe that? We know he doesn't personally know Ryze or Tryn, or most likely any other Rioter. This doesn't excuse the extent of the problem though, or the way it has been handled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
I see this complaint a lot. You're assuming those players are not punished as well. Let's be real. Our forums are HUGE. There are quite a few things that get people banned on a daily basis including: "spam, porn, and generally hateful topics". Most likely they will continue to be posted and we will do our best to clean it up, but sometimes it will slip through. Regardless that doesn't excuse starting witch hunts, that's why It's ALL against the rules.
Already responded to this above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
It's funny how much misogyny there has been over this issue.
I take that back. The misogyny is really sad and pathetic.
You are trying to misdirect the real issue here. Yes, these people are problematic, but do not dismiss the entirety of us as misogynist jerks and therefore claim that we deserve no response, or better treatment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
Sorry we're not handling the situation to General Discussion's specifications.
Ok, I used to respect you, but this has gone too far. First of all, thanks for patronizing us for about the 5th time in your response, I truly appreciate it. Secondly, all of us who responded here are players of LoL, and customers, paying or otherwise (no this isn't an entitlement post). My main point here is that those of us who posted here, for the most part, actually care more about how the situation has been handled, much more than about the actual situation. Many of us don't care about XJ9, GEM, and whoever else might be involved. We care about the password changes, brute force hacking, lack of communication, mods abusing their power, etc. These are the issues that need to be addressed, and personally I couldn't care any less about what happens with the others involved, as it isn't really my business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
I'm afraid we've already commented on the matter. There isn't anything else to say and our stance, especially on Naming and Shaming remains the same.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...04082#39004082
Seriously, stop using one rule to blatantly ignore this entire situation. Yes, naming and shaming is wrong, and shouldn't be done. But really, you are entirely missing the point of these threads here. Again, its about the actions being done, not the people committing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
I'd like to challenge you on this. Where did we say that "everything is fine go home?" all of our comments on the matter were that we were looking into it. Which we were, and we followed up with specific actions.
People are generally pissed because of the lack of communication in general. This is much more about what was implied rather than what was directly said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
Without knowing your specific account I can't say specifically what happened. If you have an issue with a moderation decision then you can write us a ticket. I DO know however, that most of the complaints I get on our support site are from Level 5 Alt accounts from the same set of players who KNOW what they're doing but are always shocked with feigned outrage when they end up getting banned. There is no amount of posting that would satisfy these players.
You still can't reasonably deny that the expectations are different for different posters, regardless of what you would like us to believe. For some, all it takes is an off topic gif to be instantly perma banned (See Splendid Cake/ And it was K). For others, 25+ obscenely abussive threads might warrant a 2 day ban.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
No one has received special treatment. All I can say is mob justice does not guide our hand. And if we were to even take action we wouldn't even comment on it.
Again, since this refers to the GEM situation, I and many others don't actually care about that. Feel free to not respond to anything that happens here, and all the more power to you. This is the correct course of action in this situation.

HOWEVER, as for any person involved with hacking into other players accounts, we the public deserve to know when these people have been removed from the community, for our account safety. This isn't rocket science here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
I'm not afraid of the downvotes.
But they do send a message, none the less.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arceoxys

Senior Member

08-22-2013

You people want a public execution—a lynching—and Riot won't give it because that's not a thing Riot wants to inspire in it's community why is this such a foul and terrible thing for Riot to do?
Why do you people DEMAND a public lynching. Should every person that gets in-game banned have a Rioter post about it? Honestly, guys.