Lucien's wife should eventually be saved and released as a champion

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dr Clueless PhD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeSmash View Post
I'm just going to pop in here real quick and remind you that Eve exists.
Yes, she does.

However, as much as you want Eve to be Senna, it can't happen. As far as we know (by my recollection), Senna's death happened well after Evelynn joined the League. That means Eve cannot be Senna. Sorry.

WindLord7070

08-22-2013

wouldnt this kinda defeat his purpose?

Besteau

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Nerfing Lucian's damage by 50% would certainly be an interesting side-effect of this change.
How about thresh fused her soul to an unliving being at shadow isles, such as a hag who is bent on distruction. The champions ultimate would be senna pulling through for a brief moment in time to use an ability to help and ally. (Kinda like jayce/elise switch, but she only gets it at lvl 6 and for a brief moment in time) After the moment is over the hag takes control again but the cool down will be a little bit before it comes back. This way players have to think of when to use the ultimate.

GothicPrinceX

08-22-2013

No.. Maybe instead there could be an in game quest where Lucian need to kill Thresh in order to release her soul

Paso

08-22-2013

They could be really clever, and release a version of Senna that ISNT saved. A Soul-less version.

Would fix both issues.

Winno

08-22-2013

Maybe as a next shadow isle champ?

DevilsRejectarD

08-22-2013

no lol then hed only have one gun and be less effective and shed be an almost identical character

Szunray

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindLord7070 View Post
wouldnt this kinda defeat his purpose?
Maybe she's not "rescued," but reanimated?

Then Lucian would still have something to do, and she could have a bunch of other powers and not need her gun back.

The Italian Ice

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Clueless PhD View Post
She's dead, though...

Like, legitimately dead. Her soul is in Thresh's lantern, her body is a stone cold corpse in the ground somewhere. There's no "saving" her. If Thresh got put down, her soul could head off to whatever predetermined fate it otherwise had, but she's dead either way.
Technically, everyone from the Shadow Isles is dead. They could make it so she's an evil character (something I thought would happen with Kassadin's daughter), to sort of add to the tragedy of the character, as well as expand upon a character that was once a champion of good. The interesting lore twists! The possibilities!

LifeSmash

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Clueless PhD View Post
Yes, she does.

However, as much as you want Eve to be Senna, it can't happen. As far as we know (by my recollection), Senna's death happened well after Evelynn joined the League. That means Eve cannot be Senna. Sorry.
So upon reading this post I reread Lucian's lore, and it doesn't really look like there's a set timeline. The tragic event could have happened many years ago.

Additionally, I'm not sure time is actually passing lorewise. Is time actually passing in Runeterra right now? Or are we building out the setting horizontally, timewise? (Remember that stories don't always have to be told in a linear fashion.)

But what I'm saying is that we could easily have a timeline where:

Lucian and Senna fight Thresh, Senna is trapped
Either because Thresh wants her as an underling, or through some other interference, Senna escapes the lantern, manifesting as Evelynn
Eve joins the League for her own reasons
Much later, Thresh and Lucian join the League

We also know there's potentially a lore rework coming for Evelynn (there's a thread around here somewhere but you know how GD is). So who knows?

(I suppose I could also call time shenanigans, since Zilean exists, but I don't think that would be a good fit for this particular bit of lore, or indeed most of them. But I thought I'd mention it, for the sake of completeness.)

1234567 ... 9