Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


New Tower Items on PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xelnath

Recruiter

08-23-2013

Quote:
Needles K:
Why not just increase the ambient gold directly?


Buffing Ambient Gold rewards backing and roaming, instead of presence in lane, which should be valuable.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vorimate

Member

08-23-2013

Where is the bag of gold ?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tact

Member

08-23-2013

Xelnath, if these tower items work out, would you consider putting items on other complicated map features like Baron Nashor, the Dragon, and Vilemaw? The Dragon might not need it, but Baron Nashor and Vilemaw could also benefit from having a bit more in-game explanation.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NA Darklarik

Senior Member

08-23-2013

Way to increase the gold discrepency between Laners and Junglers. Its not enough that Laners make more out of minions than Junglers do camps, but now, on top of the fact most Junglers have to give up blue buff, you also giving Laners a tower paycheck?


Where are the Junglers in this gold dissadvantage, what it being done to compensate them? Your basicly turning the Jungler role more and more into a support role, making them build support items.

They will never be able to keep up with the amount of Damage gold that laners will be able to buy, your making so many Junglers unviable (especially the item dependant assassin/carry junglers) because in order for them to keep up they would need like 4 kills.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ForeverLaxx

Senior Member

08-23-2013

Quote:
NA Darklarik:
Way to increase the gold discrepency between Laners and Junglers. Its not enough that Laners make more out of minions than Junglers do camps, but now, on top of the fact most Junglers have to give up blue buff, you also giving Laners a tower paycheck?


Where are the Junglers in this gold dissadvantage, what it being done to compensate them? Your basicly turning the Jungler role more and more into a support role, making them build support items.

They will never be able to keep up with the amount of Damage gold that laners will be able to buy, your making so many Junglers unviable (especially the item dependant assassin/carry junglers) because in order for them to keep up they would need like 4 kills.



Reading must be hard. Cosmetic only items, testing the feel of something like tower items, etc. Flying off the handle when you half-read something always ends this way.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kiraid Lciem

Junior Member

08-23-2013

Immune to most abilities.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kikhan

Senior Member

08-23-2013

I loved playing 1v2 lanes back in the day. I think the "pro's" just need to pick and plan better for champions they wave clear well early in case those match ups happen.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SonicTheHedgedawg

Senior Member

08-23-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
Buffing Ambient Gold rewards backing and roaming, instead of presence in lane, which should be valuable.

What about buffing experience gained when you are outnumbered by the enemy?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NA Darklarik

Senior Member

08-23-2013

Quote:
ForeverLaxx:
Reading must be hard. Cosmetic only items, testing the feel of something like tower items, etc. Flying off the handle when you half-read something always ends this way.

The towers drop Gold. Who do you think picks that up? The laner.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tortferngatr

Senior Member

08-23-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
Buffing Ambient Gold rewards backing and roaming, instead of presence in lane, which should be valuable.

Quote:
Tortferngatr:
Hmm. Why not make enemy minion deaths near a player provide decent gold regardless of whether the player last-hit it (split based on the # of nearby players) and make last-hits provide ADDITIONAL gold on top of that?

I might not be seeing all the consequences, but it would seem to reduce the farm advantage of a 2v1 lane and adds an income source for supports.


Essentially, split CSing gold into a "passively near minions" component that is split amongst all nearby allies (possibly slightly increasing the total gold gained for a 2-champion scenario to prevent a permanent roamer from appearing), and an "actively last-hitting" component that is gained for last-hitting enemies.

So if a minion is worth 28 gold through a CS on Live now, it would give 14 gold for being in its EXP radius (7 or 8 to each ally if there are 2 in range for EXP gain, 4.6666... or 5.3333... gold if 3, 3.5 or 4 gold if 4, and 2.8 or 3.2 gold if 5), and if you last-hit it, you get 14 more gold.

It might reduce the difference between high-level and low-level players [or promote passive play] and reduce readability when it comes to how fed they are (although that MIGHT be able to be resolved through showing gold totals directly), but that also means that the 1v2 laner can't be denied power just by getting pushed to tower. It also means that the duo lane CSer will obtain less gold than the solo lane, but the support of the duo lane will have more gold to work with.

This probably would not apply to jungle monsters.

Honestly, generally increasing the HP/5 and perhaps MP/5 of various pure melees (and making Fiora's passive, say, 25 HP/5 at level 1 [stacking up to 4 times as appropriate], then ramping up her passive to respectable in-combat levels lategame) might be a better solution all around. If a melee champ hurts a ranged one, it should stick harder than ranged poke against a melee.