Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New Tower Items on PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

5murf337

08-22-2013

Quote:
xelnath:
why do you think an item like those would be appropriate?

i was super excited.

Bydlarius0

08-22-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
Why do you think an item like those would be appropriate?

At first I thought they were pretty stupid, but then I realized they could be limited to specific maps. Like, Crystal Mark on Crystal Scar (although now that I think about it, you can't select towers in Dominion, d'oh. Might still work for TT, though) and Transmutation on Howling Abyss. That way it could work.

imweasel09

08-22-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
So while I've seen a lot of 2v1 lanes in LCS, I've never actually had to play against one in a live game. Are 2v1 lanes a real problem or are they just a pro-level issue?

A friend of mine likes to encourage our group of 5 to run them whenever we play with him. It's certainly not that common, but as the person who had to bot lane karthus I can safely say it was one of the most awful laning phases I've ever played and I'd imagine the 2v1 was equally frustrated. There was absolutely nothing either of us could do but try and farm behind the tower. Not under it, behind. If you guys killed 2v1 forever I would not bat an eyelash.

I would not say it's a common issue but it is one I would say is extremely bothersome when it happens.

JealousyReborn

08-22-2013

2 v 1's aren't really seen too much in normals only the occasion no enemy jungler. Luckily in those games they tend to ruin each others farm and put themselves behind, so if you build for being durable and stay close not necessarily under your tower you can bait them under it for a double kill some of the time, however this isn't the same as a 2 v 1 thought up by a competent team, so while it makes the lane harder and forces you to be under your tower more its far from an organised strategy. So i'd say primarily a pro level issue but it can happen in lower elo's.

StopAttackingMe

08-22-2013

wait, are people really sobbing about 2v1 lanes? wanna know how to counter it? go 2v2. i know, its innovative, but trust me.

ForeverLaxx

08-22-2013

I'm sitting here, as a player from pre-Season 1, and I'm confounded at the claim that people don't have champions designed to handle a 2v1. Way back when, being able to survive a 2v1 was a REQUIREMENT for toplaners because jungling wasn't really utilized much.

I know champions have gotten many nerfs since then, and the usual stand-by 2v1 champions like Nasus have other faults that prevent them from being desirable for a team composition, but come on. Too many of these suggestions focus on the tower offsetting the 2v1 situation, but any tower changes are going to affect every single lane in varying degrees.

How could League combat this "skipping the lane phase" issue of the 2v1 lane without making tower changes that overly impact the other lanes or completely change the way League was designed from the beginning? (hint: I'm talking about avoiding the deny mechanic, which is a major factor for how the 1 in a 2v1 can manage to keep his tower mostly safe). I don't want to turn this into Dota, in fact I really don't want to turn this into Dota because I like League more, but there are just too many things in Dota that help out the guy who's by himself in a lane. Less gold requirements for more heroes there is one, denying is another, side shops and couriers certainly help, and generally much more powerful ganking heroes all contribute to the safety of the guy stuck by himself.

So what can League do? I honestly don't know. Without impacting the towers much, that just leaves the lane design and the minions themselves. Whatever it is, it's likely to only impact the higher levels of play, seeing as how most of the League's playerbase isn't very trusting of their teammates on the whole.

Needles K

08-22-2013

Quote:
StopAttackingMe:
wait, are people really sobbing about 2v1 lanes? wanna know how to counter it? go 2v2. i know, its innovative, but trust me.

You don't usually realize you're going to have a 2v1 lane until until it happens. I've been in several, and not since I was like level 20 (when junglers start becoming ubiquitous) did I know it was coming.

Malah

08-22-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
So while I've seen a lot of 2v1 lanes in LCS, I've never actually had to play against one in a live game. Are 2v1 lanes a real problem or are they just a pro-level issue?

I've seen three in three nights of playing SR and every time it was a landslide victory for the team with the 2v1 lane. I presume they were people who watch tournaments or something.

Putting armor on turrets early just makes it take another minute or so to kill them. Should have just gave turrets high regeneration for the first 5-10 minutes.

BadgerDrool

08-22-2013

I think Transmute could be very fun on ARAM....with a change to be a team gold reward. It would specifically help teams that get zoned out very hard by team composition to curb some of the attrition inherent in the situation.

Melee heavy vs poke heavy is the prime comp clash. The ranged couldn't risk entering so close to tower to get the gold but the melee would be able to risk a far smaller window to "keep up" with last hits.

::edit::
If 2v1 is an issue then it's likely XP rates that need a tweak.

DogDipper

08-23-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
Wouldn't the transmute one mean pushing into a tower isn't advantageous enough, since the enemy can just come back and pick up some of the gold he missed?

You could make the sack disappear after some amount of time, so that it's really only picked up if the laner is under his tower already.