Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New Tower Items on PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dr Clueless PhD

08-22-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
So while I've seen a lot of 2v1 lanes in LCS, I've never actually had to play against one in a live game. Are 2v1 lanes a real problem or are they just a pro-level issue?

In my experience, no-one trusts each other enough in solo queue to try it. In theory, a 2v1 lane swap in solo queue would be TERRIFYING, because no-one would expect it, and they certainly wouldn't have the Champions for it (and you would). However, no-one in solo queue trusts their team enough to try anything outside of the standard lane setups (or let them try it, rather).

Playing with 4 friends, I trust them enough to try a lane swap. We're communicating, we can coordinate, and people know what it does and how to execute it (and if not, we can talk through that). Randoms? Our solo lane will end up picking someone who does terribly in a 2v1, and complain all game. The duo will inevitably just farm up top, never push the turret, and certainly never try and kill their solo laner. Meanwhile, the jungler will spend all game complaining in all chat about the troll who suggested we try and lane swap. :/

GhostStalker

08-22-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
So while I've seen a lot of 2v1 lanes in LCS, I've never actually had to play against one in a live game. Are 2v1 lanes a real problem or are they just a pro-level issue?

I've done it a few times in a live game, It's ****ing miserable on the recieving end of it. You basically are helpless until a jungler arrive, and even then it's risky if you actually want to have some fights because after even just one back to buy items, the enemy has more gold than you due to 2v1, and so you're going to not be contributing as much.

That and the possibility of a 3v2 countergank by enemy jungler :|

They just aren't fun in general.

emTmyclipin2u

08-22-2013

They aren't common normally, but they are the definition of toxic and unfun gameplay, with no way to counter it. I just had to 2v1 in a normal, I won but hated every second of the laning phase, even when I started beating them it wasn't fun. For the record if you run Rumble Yorick 2v1, you are a giant ****** bag.

CrazyMLC

08-22-2013

2v1s are problems, when you aren't Darius.

When you are it's just extra kills.

Tobasco da Gama

08-22-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:

I haven't seen any in Normals or Solo Queue, but I hear they happen pretty often in Ranked 5s.

FromTXwithLove

08-22-2013

Only time I've run across a legitimate 2v1 was in blind pick when both me and the enemy top picked Singed. I asked my team if we could swap because mirror lanes are stressful and I hate them.
Outside of that, only when one team doesn't pick a jungler for whatever reason.

Chess435

Recruiter

08-22-2013

@Xelnath: How about adding a buff icon to towers from 0-8 minutes representing the extra armor they get during that time?

TDS Spoderman

08-22-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:

they happen a lot at even bronze level but only in ranked's 5 , usually featuring caitl+fiddle
i've yet to see it on solo/duo Q and i play it quite a lot

Fun

08-22-2013

leviathan never forget!

I Called Support

08-22-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:

that's actually a crazly valid point- Honestly You never really do see it - I see it most in normal/low elo games when two people fight over going top so its two top vs 1 and a jungle and even that is rare