Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New Tower Items on PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bombkirby

08-22-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
OH, I see!

... would that be fun?

We'll never know unless we test it! It just sounds like incentive to push a lane before going B, and to try to freeze the lane in the middle instead of mindlessly pushing/getting fully pushed unless players want to take the chance of....bleh whatever. test!

Bladeviper

08-22-2013

Quote:
Bombkirby:
We'll never know unless we test it! It just sounds like incentive to push a lane before going B, and to try to freeze the lane in the middle instead of mindlessly pushing/getting fully pushed unless players want to take the chance of....bleh whatever. test!

idk i dont like the sound of this mechanic in sr, in aram it sounds like a blast though

ShadeOfRed

08-22-2013

Nah, dont think it would make much difference in ARAM.

Overkill63

Recruiter

08-22-2013

Very cool

Henry Plainview

08-22-2013

Xelnath you're such a friggin troll.

ShadeOfRed

08-22-2013

Would still like to see an aram mode more along the lines of ARABottom (from crystal scar)....

the tactics of when to push and capture were fun mechanics to have in the random scenario. Plus, the small side path was also a valid tactic so the entire map wasnt completely visible.

exec3

08-22-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
Hmmm... would you ever actually be able to fight over the sack in aram tho?

It feels like I always see champions get the last hit on minions.

I find most of the time minions die solely from AoE so towers rarely eat them up anyway. And even if a bag did appear I don't think there's a sufficient engagement window for the bag given the general chaos of ARAM. Either someone will grab it passively because there's a lull in the combat or no one will notice it because a fight is currently happening.

As a mechanic designed for ARAM I think it would be a waste and serve very little purpose.

Rivini

08-22-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
OH, I see!

... would that be fun?

As already mentioned by others, it wouldn't be. It'd be giving an additional bonus to the winning side, resulting in even less of a chance for the losing side to come back. It sounds about as anti-fun as playing on purple side.

If it's insisted by Riot that anyone can pick up the gold bags, at least make it drop right next to the tower and when an enemy picks up the gold, the tower will shout, "THIEF!" and immediately begin attacking them. Yes, the tower must have the speech bubble to complete the effect.

SonicTheHedgedawg

08-22-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
Why do you think an item like those would be appropriate?

Seeing the amount of anti-fun looking 2 v 1 lanes in the pro tournies, I think that the crystal mark has huge potential as an opt-in, like a purchasable item, a mastery or even a summoner spell which is either always active passively or has a short cooldown which basically gives you increased damage and defenses while under your tower. It would at least make you not feel as bad when you were stuck there!

The transmutation stone, however, while potentially fun, seems to throw in a whole new layer of gameplay without any real purpose. It's not like laning phase is stale as it was in seasons past, so it just seems to be needless complexity at this point. But feel free to play around with it internally to see if you find it to be a fun and balanced addition

Quote:
Rivini:
If it's insisted by Riot that anyone can pick up the gold bags, at least make it drop right next to the tower and when an enemy picks up the gold, the tower will shout, "THIEF!" and immediately begin attacking them. Yes, the tower must have the speech bubble to complete the effect.

This man. Genius.

Xelnath

Recruiter

08-22-2013

So while I've seen a lot of 2v1 lanes in LCS, I've never actually had to play against one in a live game. Are 2v1 lanes a real problem or are they just a pro-level issue?