Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New Tower Items on PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StopAttackingMe

08-23-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
Buffing Ambient Gold rewards backing and roaming, instead of presence in lane, which should be valuable.

why not literally force people to pick a lane, and then set up force fields to keep others out. that way you can enforce on the arbitrary sense of "anti-fun". don't like dealing with 2v1's? that's okay, because riot has your back, they forced somebody to jungle for you.

game starts, game freezes until everybody votes on who goes where, and then the game unfreezes and doesn't let any other teammates go where they weren't voted to go. sorry players, but the pros going 2v1 is putting strain on the bronze 5's, so we retooled the game and how its played.

or better yet, heres another "fun" one.

1st pick is forced to play the adc, and are only allowed to choose pre-approved adc champs
2nd gets ap mid, and is only allowed to choose pre-approved ap mid type champs
3rd gets jungle, etc etc
4th gets top
5th get support

i mean, its already like that. may as well just make it a part of the game.

Nutcas3

Recruiter

08-23-2013

Quote:
SonicTheHedgedawg:
What about buffing experience gained when you are outnumbered by the enemy?

if you're outnumbered then the exp would be split more to give the enemy equal exp, so you're already gaining more than them

IS1d6d3ffc5d25bf1bdf6f0

08-23-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
Buffing Ambient Gold rewards backing and roaming, instead of presence in lane, which should be valuable.

Shouldn't roaming be valuable too?

namalus

08-23-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
I'm all for nixing 2v1 lanes as the "best way to play" but I dunno that this is the right way to solve them.

Have you tried to share the gold the same way like sharing experience? I don't have the devices to test that myself, but I think this would affect this problem in a good way?
Basically what Tortferngatr suggested. On top of that, it will force some gold on the support.

ForeverLaxx

08-24-2013

Quote:
NA Darklarik:
The towers drop Gold. Who do you think picks that up? The laner.

Read before you post. It's helpful.

SonicTheHedgedawg

08-24-2013

Quote:
Nutcas3:
if you're outnumbered then the exp would be split more to give the enemy equal exp, so you're already gaining more than them

The way it works is that one person in a lane gains a certain amount of EXP, but there is BONUS experience for having more than one person in a lane. i.e, yeah you are gaining more than them, but it's not double what they gain.

Quote:
Experience split when two or more champions are present increased; situations with two or more champions splitting experience earn 30.4% more total experience than solo
it lets levels work out just about right so that the duo lane is slightly behind the solo lanes in terms of level, but not super far behind. The problem is, in 1 v 2 lane, the difference doesn't seem to be large enough to overcome the sizable disadvantage.

Gargok

08-24-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
So while I've seen a lot of 2v1 lanes in LCS, I've never actually had to play against one in a live game. Are 2v1 lanes a real problem or are they just a pro-level issue?

Xelnath. 2v1 lanes aren't really that much of a problem, in my opinion. For an example, today I went Cho Prime top and ended up getting an Ashe and Vayne against me.... went 5/0/3 and won in 27 min. Had the highest creep in the game. Yeah the Vayne was kinda bad and the Ashe was trolling, but still a tough lane, yet not unbeatable. In a tournament I was in, for another example, I went top Renekton and their bottom lane switched (Taric and....Caitlyn? methinks?) and even there I won lane. It's just a matter of smart play, safe play, or hyper-aggressive "GTFO MY LANE NON-CONVENTIONALS". As long as you are willing and able to handle the situation and get assistance if it is required, everything is just fine.

ZanryuEU

08-25-2013

Through the troll item with the gold sacks I thought about a new support item which draw some interest from me and can enforce supports to ward the map earlier. (Especially in lower elo games)

Numbers are subject to change.

Kindlegem (850g) + Cloth Armor (300g) + 350g = Redstone Turban (or something) (1500g)

250 health
20 armor
10% cooldown reduction

Passive: Allied towers which kill minions or execute champions preserve 5g per kill. (Range: Global)

Active: Draw all preserved gold from towers. (Range: 600)

Notes:

• Towers lose all their gold upon death.
  • The gold value is displayed through a buff visible for both teams.

The main thoughts behind this item were a) increasing the gold income for supports and b) enforcing supports to go around the map more often to enforce warding through the map.
We are aware that jungler or top laner are maybe also attracted to this item. Thus the item have to be tweaked more towards a raw support item. A possible solution for this are different building paths by increasing gold efficiency while maintain or decreasing the slot efficiency.
A good side effect of this would be more communication through the team but that can also lead to trolling.
The passive is included because without it, it could lead to the scenario that you would buy this item in the lategame, draw all gold and then sell the item.

Zanryu

@Xelnath