Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New Tower Items on PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xelnath

Recruiter

08-22-2013

Hey guys,

Your friendly neighbor predator/designer here. Just wanted to let you know that I recently added some *cosmetic only* items to towers.

These tower items convey the mechanics of what towers have always done in a condensed way. What do you think? Are they helpful?

(P.S. I left a couple of red herrings in the data for the data miners. Focus on what you actually see in game, not websites. I still love you though, Zerglinator

I Called Support

08-22-2013

EVIL RED HERINGS ARE EVIL

Serioulsy tho... I like those other two items

Asif25

08-22-2013

turret champion spotlight riot plz

also do more of these kind of stuff makes the game interesting.

AfrostLord

08-22-2013

y u do dis xelnath I thought those were legit

Xelnath

Recruiter

08-22-2013

Quote:
AfrostLord:
y u do dis xelnath I thought those were legit

Why do you think an item like those would be appropriate?

LaxIsBack

08-22-2013

i thinks that is really helpfull, now we can see in game what turrets do exactly, may help new players to understand that you most not be focused by a turret

I Called Support

08-22-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:

because they are new, fresh, and fun!

exec3

08-22-2013

Those 'red herrings' are actually pretty cool imo.

One helps you fight a tower dive (they're too easy and clean to pull off atm imo, more risk is needed and this form of risk sounds interesting, though making the towers targeting AI not braindead would help a lot too) and the other helps you not fall *too* far behind if you're getting dominated in lane and constantly pushed to tower.

I like the real changes too, good to have easily accessible information about exactly how a tower works though an eye above every tower might be a bit cluttered visually.

Yaknose

08-22-2013

The items that explained towers ramping up are nice, although I basically never click on towers to look at them. The item where the drop off gold from the CS it took really had me wondering what was going on.

Wizzard Eck

08-22-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:

I linked my friends the stats and we discussed the pros and cons. For instance how getting pushed back to your tower and losing farm is bad, the transmute item could help, or if you push, how it could reward you for a timed tower dive, even if it does fail.

As for the crystal one, towers deal a nice chunk of damage. Unless it's late game and the enemy team has a very full tank, then the towers are more of a little bug bite. The Crystal item could help that.

As for the cons, the Transmute could make bot lane very snowbally if you get pushed out of lane or you both get killed at the right time. And the Crystal one would make early diving and ganks even more difficult then they are already.