Anti-AFK&Troller Concept (x-post from EUW Forums) by Poro Loco

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Princess Yliana

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2014

Hi there,i just wanted to share something with you people out there
(IMPORTANT : I am not the OP of this Post,i simply post it on the NA Forums in his Name)

Hello guys, i'm Poro Loco.

I also, as everyone, have great trouble with trolls & afkers, not only in ranked, but also in normals.
So I came up with an idea. I think the players ingame are not "Scared" enough when it comes to the tribunal. I used to play a game called "RuneScape", they used "Player Moderators". A hand selected group of people, that behaved properly to the rules and were sent out into the game to help stabelize the community. They had the power to mute someone for a 24 hour period, and if they reported someone it would be flagged when the compagny looked trough the reports.

As i tought about how this fits into League of Legends i came up with this:

A "Player Moderator" will have:

- A ribbon that shows his autority.
- A Tag before his name that says "Mod" (Discussable)
- The power to mute a person for 24h (could be less)***
- Their reports will be sent straight to Riot and not to the tribunal.
- 100 IP For each ban that is correct, -100 IP for a ban that is pardonned. (someone suggested this to me) NEW
- A seperate "Moderator" only forum, where they can discuss eventual problems/doubts about a report, also in that forum they have direct contact with any Riot staff member. In case someting is going wrong. NEW

A "Player Moderator" must have:

- A clean history in League of Legends.
- Knowledge about the game and its mechanics.*
- Patience and must be able to react calmly to certain situations.
- Level 30
- An age filter (A moderator must be 18+?) NEW
- Must accept terms involving abuse of power (IP ban?De-mod?) NEW

Why would this be good to have in our community?

- Players are going to be more friendly towards another, they wouldn't want to get muted instantly.
- Reports are actually going to have a great impact instead of bieng ignored.**
- People who are bieng reported by non-moderators, will still be sent to the tribunal.

*This is so a Moderator would not be made fun of. Everybody has his bad days, but i can imagine, if they lolking the moderator, and look that his stats on all champs are bad. they would laugh with him, and disrespect his autority, everybody has a limit.

**I am not saying that the current tribunal system is ignoring the majority of the reports, but that people who recieve a report for having a bad day, are treathed equally as someone who flames consistantly every game. I honestly think that the players do not see the effects of the tribunal, but they would if there is a mod in their game.

NOTE: This is only a concept, if you want have a great idea, or someting that should change in this thread, post it down below, and i'll put it in!

***By giving them direct power in a game, it could change the outcome of a game drasticly. Also i encountered a flaw in this part, if the person is muted for lets say 4 hours. It is possible for the next teammates to report him for "no communication", maybe they could sort someting out that he would get a small icon that looks like a disabled headset? Letting the playes know he is muted.

~Sincerly Poro Loco

(You can come and discuss about it over on the EUW Forums,http://forums.euw.leagueoflegends.co....php?t=1598997 where people already talked about pro`s and con`s of this idea,or do so in this Thread,any feedback is very welcome!)

Princess Yliana

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2014

*updated the First post to be equal to the EUW one again

Ghoul The Dark

02-13-2014

I briefly read through it. So basically player are like in game police. Then keep order amoung other players abd have the right to punish other toxic players. I ain't no scientifist, but I feel like that would be really good. Riot will no doubt say it has a small possibility of abuse and won't doaanything.

Scalen

02-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoul The Dark View Post
I briefly read through it. So basically player are like in game police. Then keep order amoung other players abd have the right to punish other toxic players. I ain't no scientifist, but I feel like that would be really good. Riot will no doubt say it has a small possibility of abuse and won't doaanything.

I see the good in this, but I have to say there is always room for abuse. Look at runescape mods (yes i went there). I know of 10+ that abuse their powers an exchange for gold players pay them. Only example i got sorry.

Still this is a good idea.

Ask Swain

02-13-2014

Meh people will abuse it.

Princess Yliana

02-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoul The Dark View Post
The chance of abuse is there,no doubt,wich is why these "mod`s" would need to be carefully selected and monitored,until they can be trusted to not abuse said power,and by having them kind of moderating eachother possible black sheep could be removed asap.

CraZyJaVieR

02-13-2014

lets say you have a friend you aint gonna mute him? are you? power abuse not worth it but nice try

Princess Yliana

02-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraZyJaVieR View Post
lets say you have a friend you aint gonna mute him? are you? power abuse not worth it but nice try
The conflict of interests is one big flaw with this concept yes,however there are solutions to it
(its quite simple to make a system that lets other mod`s check your games where you played with friends,and if they notice you did not do your "job" because you didnt want to punish a friend,you would face the consequences..)

Thats the kind of self moderation i was talking about in my post earlier.

btw,again,the original concept isnt mine,i am merely taking over the posting on the NA forums and will x-post interesting feedback back and forth if need be.

Just Mid

02-13-2014

Have you ever even played Runescape? Nobody likes mods and mods are so freaking lame. I became a player mod FOR NO REASON and I abused the **** out of it and got banned LOL

Ok I'm kidding. I didn't really abuse it but I did pretend to be all high and mighty. Idk. I just don't like player mods. It makes them think that they're always right and their word is law. I did get banned for botting though loool

Princess Yliana

02-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Mid View Post
Have you ever even played Runescape? Nobody likes mods and mods are so freaking lame. I became a player mod FOR NO REASON and I abused the **** out of it and got banned LOL (ok I got banned for botting but still)
the meaning of "carefully selected and monitored" is known to you tho?
I mean.. ofc Riot cant just pick random ppl to Mod and let them do w/e they want ^^

(no never played runescape myself btw)