Message To Community RE: FF14 ARR

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sakuri Ono

08-23-2013

Quick note to the DD people reading this. The client just updated so if you wanna get a 1K MB patch out of the way I'd do it now before early launch tomorrow morning.

Fancy Wolf

08-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuri Ono View Post
Quick note to the DD people reading this. The client just updated so if you wanna get a 1K MB patch out of the way I'd do it now before early launch tomorrow morning.
*fingers crossed my net at home will works*

wolferer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cless View Post
GW2..did that thing even last a year? =P
I was super excited for GW2 for a while before launch. I played hardcore at launch for about a 2 months, then got burnt out and quit.

I picked the game back up on a whim about two months ago and rolled a new character (necromancer), and had a blast. They've had numerous improvements over the year that the game has been out, and the new bi-weekly content releases keep the game fresh. The latest content release has some pretty sweet zone-wide invasion meta-events.

Also, WvW, which was garbage at launch, has really grown. People have figured out how to play the game mode, and there's a lot of strategy going on. It's no longer just a zerg-fest. Smaller groups, and even solo players, can make an impact. People have also figured out some "zerg busting" strategies.

There's a free-trial event going on this weekend if anyone wants to check out GW2. Most of the DD people who used to play the game have moved on, though.

Kaiseresc

08-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy Wolf View Post
water u china say?

(cant even type that with a straight face XD)
ill fukin deck u swer on me mum

Quote:
*fingers crossed my net at home will works*
will works?
yeah, blame the laptop or whatever brick you're using. dont blame the alcohol AS ALWAYS.

Reikken

08-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
So its Guild Wars 2 all over again, is what you're saying.
GW2 is amazing (best game I played in 2012), and most certainly doesn't have 2.5 second global cooldowns (or any global cooldowns at all, unless you count the half second cast times as global cooldowns), in which case everything ever has global cooldowns. Including this game, LoL.

FF14 can't seriously have a 2.5 sec global cooldown on everything. that's absurd.

Also, someone mentioned RO2. I liked RO(1) even though it was objectively kinda bad, because it had some really nice mechanics (along with a lot of bad stuff), but RO2 has zero redeeming qualities.

Sakuri Ono

08-24-2013

Plan's already a bust. Behemoth closed out due to capacity limits the moment the game went online. :-\

Kaiseresc

08-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikken View Post
GW2 is amazing (best game I played in 2012), and most certainly doesn't have 2.5 second global cooldowns (or any global cooldowns at all, unless you count the half second cast times as global cooldowns), in which case everything ever has global cooldowns. Including this game, LoL.

FF14 can't seriously have a 2.5 sec global cooldown on everything. that's absurd.

Also, someone mentioned RO2. I liked RO(1) even though it was objectively kinda bad, because it had some really nice mechanics (along with a lot of bad stuff), but RO2 has zero redeeming qualities.
RO's job path and War of Emperium are one of the coolest things ever.
that and hats.

so FFXIV already full? roflol

Fancy Wolf

08-24-2013

Quote:
Plan's already a bust. Behemoth closed out due to capacity limits the moment the game went online. :-\
Its because of the current high traffic, itll calm down soon. thats how it was when the servers first opened last weekend. Zirzul couldnt get into behemoth until a bit later

Sakuri Ono

08-24-2013

Quote:
Its because of the current high traffic, itll calm down soon. thats how it was when the servers first opened last weekend. Zirzul couldnt get into behemoth until a bit later
The forums said Behemoth's been filled since Phase 4 and SE isn't likely to expand the capacity any time soon. Like literally there's just that many P4 roll overs that new players have to wait for someone to get banned or for an old character to be deleted. I'll give it til like...Sunday before I hope over to Adamantoise.

Fancy Wolf

08-24-2013

Quote:
The forums said Behemoth's been filled since Phase 4 and SE isn't likely to expand the capacity any time soon. Like literally there's just that many P4 roll overs that new players have to wait for someone to get banned or for an old character to be deleted. I'll give it til like...Sunday before I hope over to Adamantoise.
Wow well that sucks :/ anyone who manages to get into behemoth is still more than welcome to come join the Free Company, but what a bummer that servers capacity was already filled before launch