Message To Community RE: FF14 ARR

First Riot Post
12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fancy Wolf

08-22-2013

Yo everybody! Quite a few of us Dominion guys will be picking up FF14 ARR. If anyone is interested in it/or is picking it up and looking for people to play with we will be on the Behemoth Server.

We also have a guild(Free Company) already set-up, and you can find the site to sign up here.
http://valiance-fc.enjin.com/home.
If you are interested in being Hardcoresauce or even just wanna casually play the game with a group of people feel free to join up.

If you mention Raena/Arithon/Fancy in your app you shouldnt have any problems getting in.

As for the game itself, the leveling and class system is very interesting. You dont even need to make alternate characters to level a different class. Every class can be leveled up and played effectively from 1 character. The game looks good, sounds good, and is overall looking to be an awesome MMO.

also if you want to add me personally my ign is; Sasha Nyankah

EDIT: Behemoth is saying that it is at full capacity, You may or may not be able to get into the server. I would recommend trying a few times before giving up though. Sakuri managed to get in this morning when he couldnt last night.

molokodude

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2013

Can I say"Sir Brandon" instead?

Fancy Wolf

08-22-2013

rawrbump

Reikken

08-22-2013

is this something I need to pay money to try out?

Fancy Wolf

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikken View Post
is this something I need to pay money to try out?
pay to own and subscription :/ I will be streaming it alot when it comes out on the 27th so you can stop by and see what its like

wolferer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2013

offtopicz

also wasn't everyone all-in on Rift just a month ago?

Fancy Wolf

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolferer View Post
offtopicz

also wasn't everyone all-in on Rift just a month ago?
not off topicz im asking the Dominion community if they wanna come play ff14, and ya everyone jumped into rift but not alot of people stuck around and it died out

Cless

08-22-2013

Don't listen to Fancy. Nothing about the game is good, only average. It feels so unpolished.

Tab target slow combat (2.5 second global cooldown on all spells/skills) with no tactical decision making is really bad (as in there's only really 1 skill chain for all classes). Unbalanced classes from the beginning and most likely will continue until endgame. Bad class skill balance, you get some useful skills for a class and some downright terrible ones that you should never put on your skill bar. Don't forget the very slow and tedious beginning (we're looking at 7 minutes of introduction NON-SKIPPABLE cutscenes, an extra 30-40 minutes running around town talking to people. So expect at least 1 hour before you even meet your first mob to fight. There's also huge lack of quests when grinding up your 2nd+ jobs.

As for the plot, it's meh. Okay, so your character is like one of the possible saviors to the world (but then EVERY players is like that so technically there's 100k+ of you guys running around trying to save the world). The bad guys, they just want to destroy everything in the world because it's corrupt. Bland storytelling (though knowing Square Enix, it's gonna become a mind **** for the sake of mind ****s for plot) with pretty cut scenes, bad-average English voice acting (good thing you can change languages to something else).

Their duty finder (dungeon finder) is messed up and doesn't work often. As a DPS, I spent 40+ minutes trying to find a party. Yes, dps is expected to spend at least an hour in queue, but the funny thing is, in those 40 minutes it couldn't even find ONE OTHER DPS to fill in the 0/1 tank 0/1 healer 1/2 DPS.

TL;DR Skip FFXIV ARR and save your $30 + monthly fees on something else unless you're a huge FF fanboy. If you want a faster combat there's Dragon's Nest, Vindictus, TERA. If you want a more interesting lore, there's Star Wars: The Old Republic and Dragon's Nest. If you like RIFT, I suggest you stick with that.

Edit: Added more information after my game popped.

Sauron

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cless View Post
Tab target slow combat (2.5 second global cooldown on all spells/kills) with no tactical decision making is really bad (as in there's only really 1 skill chain for all classes). Unbalanced classes from the beginning and most likely will continue until endgame. Bad class skill balance, you get some useful skills for a class and some downright terrible ones that you should never put on your skill bar. Don't forget the very slow and tedious beginning (we're looking at 7 minutes of introduction NON-SKIPPABLE cutscenes, an extra 30-40 minutes running around town talking to people. So expect at least 1 hour before you even meet your first mob to fight. There's also huge lack of quests when grinding up your 2nd+ jobs.
So its Guild Wars 2 all over again, is what you're saying.

Cless

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
So its Guild Wars 2 all over again, is what you're saying.
I haven't played Guild Wars 2 so I can't compare it.

12345 ... 7