Okay so Riot Lied to us again?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CDZoro

08-22-2013

The only thing that bothers me is that Riot is not fully following its RP pricing guideline. Some skins needs price reduction. Either that or rework the skin to make it look its worth the price tag

lightdragoon88

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDZoro View Post
The only thing that bothers me is that Riot is not fully following its RP pricing guideline. Some skins needs price reduction. Either that or rework the skin to make it look its worth the price tag

Please tell me which skins?

And I swear if you think it Lissandra and/or Zac skin....

Couchon

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDZoro View Post
Or, just don't buy the ones you feel don't have value for you.

They might to other people. If they are too expensive for you, don't buy. Simple!

Abbey Street

08-22-2013

The Wookiee strikes again.

Also, take into account the new skins on the way. One 1350 out of five, that's going to lower the 1350 percentages even lower than those that the Wookiee posted.
Try to do a little research next time, dude.

BlazingSalvo

08-22-2013

Considering inflation be glad RP costs the same.

CDZoro

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightdragoon88 View Post
Please tell me which skins?

And I swear if you think it Lissandra and/or Zac skin....

Zyra's skin is not worth the 1350, it was 950 before and I actually bought it when it got on sale for 650. Another one is Pink Taric, just a recolor for 975?. Gentleman Cho'gath doesn't meet the standards for a 1820 skin and i'd really buy it, but for that price is not worth it, Battlecast cho does and has way higher quality than Gentleman and they are both the same price.

Kyo GenJin

08-22-2013

Skins are a luxury at which you spend your money at your own risk. Personally I would agree that some should be reduced, but only those that have been around for quite some time, and most of them have been reduced. It really boils down to this, if you can afford it, then feel free to buy it. If you can't, either wait for a sale or don't buy it. Whining to a free to play game over something you actually have to pay for is like asking the American government for millions of dollars, we all know the outcome is laughter and then blatantly shoving you aside to do something else.

As for the OP, you really needed to get knocked down a peg, and Riot did just that. As for the skin pricing as a whole, Riot's been pretty good about it, but it is a little over the estimate, any chances of releasing more skins at lower pricing to make it closer to the estimate?

orghak 6

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
I'm confused by this post.

If we check the skins released since our original announcement (found here: http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=3328361 ) we can see that the math in this thread doesn't match up.

Skins released since April 2013:

Hecarim- August 22,2013: Arcade Hecarim (1350)

Riot Blitzcrank- August 22, 2013 975

Lucian- August 22, 2013: Hired Gun Lucian 975

Sejuani- August 1, 2013: Bear Cavalry Sejuani(1350)

Udyr- July 17, 2013:*Spirit Guard Udyr 3250

Darius- June 17, 2013: Woad King Darius 975

Morgana- June 14, 2013: Ghost Bride Morgana 975

Aatrox- June 13, 2013: Justicar Aatrox 975

Lissandra- April 30, 2013 : Bloodstone Lissandra 975

Shyvana- April 30, 2013: Ice Drake Shyvana 975

Volibear- April 30, 2013: Runeguard Volibear 975

Anivia- April 30, 2013: Blackfrost Anivia 1820

12 Skins in all.

8 975 66%

1 Legendary 8%

1 Ultimate 8%

2 1350 16%

Looks to me like we're keeping close to our original estimates.
What about the Pool Party skins?

Workout Guy

08-22-2013

So they made more 1350 skins than was originally estimated. All the 1350 Skins have met the quality they stated for that tier of skins. That just means that more unique skins are being released. Do you guys really want to go back to the days of just texture changes? Sure it costs a little more money, but it's purely cosmetic. What the **** is the big problem here?

Sublime Fighter

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynt View Post
f'(x) =/= f(x)

If it did, then there would be no other shapes than natural logarithmic curves.
Wat.
I don't even.
Wat.