Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Looking to try a new jungle.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

blairr

Recruiter

08-22-2013

I know there's other posts covering this but most are months old and wanted to supply my Information on style and ones I like. Currently i tend to jungle nautilus and shaco the most successful (sometimes play yi for fun) . Ive tried nunu and and lee sin I cant seem to get into it I think I just dont like the champions so i haven't put much time into them.

I am currently looking at sejuani, rammus, nocturne, and udyr.

Curious about their strength and weakness, And especially their ganking capability i can handle slow jungle times (i play nautilus a lot remember). I'm also up for any other jungle suggestions.

Chaos Open

08-22-2013

I learned to jungle on Rammus, but if shaco was one end of the type of jungling, Rammus would be the other.
Rammus' passive turns armor into AD and his W turns a portion of the damage dealt to him back on the user, and ganking with him is all-in, he doesn't really have an escape.
End game you will have a big impact on team fights, if you've been building him right, you'll be a tank. Which gives top lane more room to pick, Rammus lets you either have two tanks or have a heavy damage dealer top such as Riven or Fiora while still having a tank.

His engage is kind of hard, as you can be stopped by minions, so if they duck behind minions you could find yourself in trouble, so when ganking with Rammus it's important to time it so that the enemy is away from his minions.

Ganking with him involves trying to make the enemy damage you. As I said, his W turns their attacks against them and lasts a rather long time, and his E is a taunt, but it has a rather short range.

His biggest problem is camp clear time, he normally takes awhile so staying leveled might take some getting used to.

Just some thoughts that hit me as I think back about Rammus.

GundayMonday

Recruiter

08-22-2013

Sejuani's the strongest jungler that you listed. She relies on your team to follow up when you engage with your ultimate, so you learn a lot about team fighting by playing her (waiting for cooldowns, positioning, etc.). Plus, she's tanky like naut and can jump over walls like Shaco which fits your play style :-)

PopsickIe

08-22-2013

Believe it or not dude.... I'd say to study and get awesome with the champs that vex you the most. You seem to like tanky champs. Lee AND Nunu are tanky champs. There are LOADS of people that make videos and stuff. Also Zac.

Udyr has no gap closer. Definitely a weakness. However, He is awesome front line and if he catches someone out they are dead.

Sejuani and Nautilus are closely related in the respect of heavy cc tanks a lot of damage... should fit like a glove. Like with most tanks botrk and long cool downs are her weakness.

Nocturne is probably the most versatile jungler you have here. He can be built a few different ways depending on what you need. You can go attack damage and attack speed to be glass cannon carry type noc, OR you can build kind of tanky for bruiser noc.

Rammus is good against heavy ad teams just don't forget to build health. All kinds of people don't build health on him for some reason. His gap closer (q) is the thing that I would say is his greatest strength AND his well as his weakness as it can put you FAR out of position if not used correctly. It IS good for escaping but only IF it is up lol. Good luck out there.

Mace Tryndu

08-22-2013

Quote:
blairr:
I am currently looking at sejuani, rammus, nocturne, and udyr.

Those 4 junglers are very different and will fit into different teams.

Sejuani has incredible ganks post 6, lots of slow/disruption, and does a decent amount of magic damage. I personally think Sej is hugely underrated. She is very mana dependant but can survive if you build correctly assuming you're not taking the blue past 7 minutes. Better yet... steal theirs!

Admittedly I don't play much Rammus, that being said I feel he is very team dependent. He doesn't bring much damage but can be extremely tanky and his taunt can win fights if your team can capitalize on it. His speed makes his ganks very good if you can time his powerball correctly. While he is VERY fast his engage in team fights isn't the best unless you can be sneaky about it. I once watched a Rammus time his homeguard/powerball/shurelya's/ and a teleport to pull off a 1000+ MS engage... hilarious.

Nocturne is more of a "carry" jungler than the other 3 mentioned. I only jungle Nocturne if we have a tanky top laner and or support who can peal. Nocturne's ganks post 6 are awesome and post 12 and even better. I tend to build Nocturne with some attack speed for his passive and a hydra. He works in a tank role I just feel that he is a much better carry. He's a situational pick for sure.

Udyr is a great counterjungler not only due to his fast clear times but because he is a very good duelist. His ganks aren't the best as he is melee dependant but they are still solid if you can avoid/time ward coverage or make it in for a lane gank. I like to play Udyr against teams that either have a weak duelist jungler or have weak CC to allow Udyr to stick in team fights. I love starting with Doran's and going red, blue, then immediately to their red. If you can get there before they take it its a pretty easy kill most of the time. Just make sure they keep tanking the red and stun them up between phoenix procs. First blood easy peasy. From that point on you RUIN the enemy jungler.

THESE ARE SOLO Q tactics. I don't play much ranked 5. Things will be different with teams that have synergy I would imagine.

Kyrapoq

10-05-2014

I'm going to keep short and sweet. Of the four junglers you mentioned, I would pick Sejuani and Udyr. Sejuani's ulty and her Q give her massive ganking potential along with great teamfights, basically a throwable Amumu ultimate with a knockback. Sejuani also has some of the highest cc in the game, which is why I really like her.

The other jungler I would chose from your list is Udyr, he has crazy fast clear speeds which allow you to easily counter-jungle your opponent and starve them from experience. You could also spend the first twenty minutes of the game farming him up which leads into insane splitpushing and/or dueling. We all know the feeling of having a crazy farmed Udyr pop out of the jungle and destroy you.

I've never really liked Nocturne duo to the fact that if you want him to do damage, he must be squishy along with the fact that he has no good cc initiation. However, I do like his clear speeds and I think that he makes a pretty good duelest when building damage.

I've never really gotten much into Rammus so I can't give you my input there, sorry.

Zajef77

10-05-2014

Sejuani : One of the most underrated champs in league, I don't know MUCH about her, except that she has a lot of hard CC, and can break jarvan's ultimate xD. She is a great ganker and teamfighter, but i don't know about her clear time. She is also good in 2v2 or 3v3 fights.

Rammus : One of the most ANNOYING armordillo to play against. His AOE knock-up from his Q is really good at ganking/teamfighting. His ultimate is GREAT in teamfights. His W (The one that increases his defensive stats) is awesome to tank a lot in teamfights, and even to make towerdives in your ganks. His E is a REALLY long taunt that can be really good when ganking, especially mid lane since the lane is really small, so you need hard CC to gank it well. The problem with rammus is that you are weak to counterjungle early on, and might have a hard time with the clear, depending on your build and how often you play jungle

Nocturne : Nocturne is a bruiser jungler, different from rammus and sejuani who are tanks. His spellshield and Q makes him really great for counterjungle, and his E and ult are really good for ganks. You also have a decent clear time and a lot of damage on your ganks. His passive also helps him for sustain and clear in the jungle.

I will separate udyr in 2 categories, normal udyr and godyr

Normal udyr : Udyr doesnt have any gap closers, but a lot of mobility through his movement speed buff. He can also stun multiple champions at the same time using his E and AA against these champions. His Q is good for damage in a straight 1v1, while his R (not really an ultimate, just another stance) is good in fights. His W is also good for tanking turret shots in dives. He is a great ganker, but lacks gap closers so he can get kited easily

Godyr : Godyr is one word : farming. With godyr, you need to farm all day long, no matter if your lanes are winning or losing (well sometimes you can help, but youre no more a god if you help mortals). Godyr has the fastest clear time of all junglers, and can solo dragon at lvl 4-5 with vision of the other jungler, bot lane, and mid lane. He has a great damage output, and is GREAT at splitpushing late game. He is probably one of the strongest junglers in the late game, but you have to sacrifice the ganks you would do for your teammates. A good godyr should get feral flare by 15 minutes, and a great godyr, by 12. Also, you can easily solo dragon, no matter if you are a good or a bad godyr, as soon as you get your second blue and red buff. You should build madstone (madred's razor and Spirit stone), then upgrade your madred's into wriggles and sell your spirit stone in the late game. With only these 2 items, it is possible to do the solo dragon at lvl 4-5. You can also set up duo baron with your top laner if he is a tank at 15 minutes, but it is risky and you need to have a good map awaereness.

I hope i helped you out