Any plans on a Galio rework?

First Riot Post
12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jarlil

08-22-2013

Does anyone know if Galio is getting looked at for a rework?

Nularia

08-22-2013

Why would he?

Snufoo

08-22-2013

bump, I'm interested in a Galio rework

Dryad Soraka

08-22-2013

just make his shield heal the ally who actually has it

DrOinkleBerry

08-22-2013

Galio is fine, I'd rather him not be reworked.

A lack of popularity doesn't mean he's broken and needs a rework...

Jarlil

08-22-2013

I've been playing Galio fairly hard lately and his kit feels clunky for what he is. I'm not saying he's underpowered or anything, just... clunky. He seems to have difficulty getting into a decent position for his ult, even with his speed boost from his "e". His hand to hand auto attack doesn't seem to fit any of his kit other then his ult, and maybe the shield but that is more a utility for most situations.

His passive is, for the most part, fantastic. The only issue I have for it is that it almost forces you to build a specific way to utilize it properly. If you build AP for maximum damage it's almost useless, almost.

His "w" is pretty amazing. I do find it more useful vs ad mids then ap mids but that is not always a bad thing.

The main issues I have are with his damage abilities. The cooldowns seem a little long for what they do when combined with there high mana costs.

When using Galio's "E" I find myself either using to run away from a fight or trying to get into a fight rather then for the damage. It feels more like a utility spell then a damage spell.

One of the main issues I have with his "Q" is that it seems extremely predictable. I find myself either getting into hand to hand and waiting for the right moment to use it, or trying to "spam" poke, creating a predictable pattern then breaking it, to hit my target. This is extremely mana consuming with his high mana costs, which can cause problems early game.

Galio's ult is a fantastic idea. It has a great deal of potential with different team comps etc. However with the abilities, passives, items, and cleanse out there his ult seems to be nothing more then a mild nuisance to a well played player or team. Combine that with the difficulty of getting into position to use it properly, and you have a very complicated, expensive, and dangerous ult, and I mean dangerous to oneself and your team. You tend to have to take a few shots when wading into an enemy team just to ult. One must often rely on Flash to position oneself right.

All in all the kit just feels clunky. I love the idea of Galio being a sentinel, taking less damage when ulting and having an amazing shield. Perhaps the idea of shield effects can be a focus for him, having something on each of his abilities? haha I'm no game designer :P

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

08-22-2013
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Does anyone know if Galio is getting looked at for a rework?
yes, i'll be doing some work on galio in an upcoming patch (specifics aren't set yet). since i've already started to take a look at him, and i won't be able to get in my changes until sometime after 3.11, i went ahead and put in a mana/cooldown buff for idol of durand on the pbe for testing as a 3.11 change.

(please note that the change on the pbe is totally subject to change.)

EasyPeasy123z

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
yes, i'll be doing some work on galio in an upcoming patch (specifics aren't set yet). since i've already started to take a look at him, and i won't be able to get in my changes until sometime after 3.11, i went ahead and put in a mana/cooldown buff for idol of durand on the pbe for testing as a 3.11 change.

(please note that the change on the pbe is totally subject to change.)
Sweet.

Str3SSed

08-22-2013

meanwhile hiemer

Eph289

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2013

I want Galio left alone as much as possible.

I love my statue the way he is. :S

12345 ... 8