Provisional Placement

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dlaskadh95

08-21-2013

Hey guys. I've played 8 provisionals and I've won 5 of them. And I'm confident I'll win the next two. If I were to get upto 7 wins, where would that take me to ? My friend from the Korean server said that 7 wins would probably take me to like Silver IV or V?? Is that right or is the Korean server different from NA coz Koreans play much better in comparison with the swarming noobs in NA.
Cheers

hebroohammr

08-21-2013

I'd guess silver. I started out 4-0 I believe, finished 4-6 and got put into Bronze 2. I'd be shocked if 7 didn't get you into Silver.

Wasabi Kitty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-21-2013

It depends on your MMR.

I started 5-0, then lost one, then won 2, then lost 2, and ended 7-3. This put me in Gold V.

In your next game use lolnexus and look at the rating of the people you're playing with, you'll probably end up with them. I knew I'd be somewhere in gold since I was playing with people in gold since my fourth game.

There's a few different factors at play, like if you played in the previous season, and not every game counts for the same amount of mmr.

I've seen people go 8-2 and end up silver 1, while a person in the same game on the same team went 8-2 (it was their 10th game for both) and get gold 5. I went 7-3 and got gold 5, and I played with a guy that went 7-3 and got gold 2.

Kerchner12

03-29-2014

i went 7 and 3 and got put in bronze 1 i dont understand..

Nergalwaja

03-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerchner12 View Post
i went 7 and 3 and got put in bronze 1 i dont understand..
Getting placed in a tier/division has very little to do with your Win/Loss count.

The system takes your MMR from where the season ended, gives it a soft reset, meaning it adjusts the number in a range still within your skill level, has you play 10 qualifying matches, and then places you in a tier/division appropriate to your MMR.

If you have really low MMR and won even 10/10 games you're still going to be placed in Bronze/Silver.