Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Pool Party Leona

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Endless Symphony

08-21-2013

With testing the Pool Party skins in the PBE (Awesome skins and concepts by the way) it was clear that some had more work then others. Graves water particles are amazing along with the tweaks to his smoke screen and even the splash of his ult. Renekton's bubble particles on his dash and his ult make just enough difference to make it unique and quite noticeable. But one of the skins need a bit of a tweak (though I know that they aren't 100% done at the moment) and that is Leona.

The concept is different from the pax event version but looking at the model in game it did not disappoint. I love the direction that they went with. The umbrella (or parasol) is detailed and designed quite nicely while the body board (might be called different things in different places) is a good size and fits nicely with the rest of her look. But the particle animations are the one thing that does not change between Leona's skins too much (I do believe there is a bit where sun flowers are streaming during her snare). This skin is a good chance to change up some of the particles to make this skin near legendary (though I know the amount of work for this change might be more than average).

One thing I think would be a great change would be her ult. The usage of the sun light is nice but would like to see something involving the champion it self a bit (perhaps throwing her sword in the air and it comes down with the beam of light onto where she targets). Also the idea of imprinting comes to mind. Several champions have ground effects such as cracks in the dirt temporarily or a good example would be Xeraths ultimate where explosions of energy crawl across the ground when the ult hits. I would love to see for this particular skin an imprint left on the ground (such as a giant sun flower!) and it could be an idea for her other skins as well using different imprints. She already has the black charred mark on the ground after but this would make it a bit more interesting! (and leave your mark on the ground to let the enemy know just who they are dealing with).

Next which has been a bit bland in the past is her 'W'. This is a chance to turn it into a giant bubble or perhaps something ocean like with water swirls twirling around it (again just an option that would make aesthetics pop more for her abilities).

Her 'Q' would be a bit more tricky to make it readily noticeable. A change would be nice where the whole board (shield) would glow a certain color depending on the skin instead of just a little light radiating from the middle. In the Pool Party skin I would like to see it glow in a deep aura of blue. Anything but the old animations for it. I believe that some of these tweaks, or others that the community comes up with, would be awesome for improving not just this skin but several others that desperately need a little "tuning".

Over all riot has done a great job on the last couple skins that came out and an exceptional jobs on Bear Cavalry Sejuani, Scorched Earth/ Pool Party Renekton (the guys been given a lot of time and effort!) and Arcade Hecarim.

Endless Symphony

08-21-2013

Bumping to see if I could get more community feed back on the idea!

CattCaller

08-21-2013

The skin is good, I agree.

And I like your ideas. I'm just gonna stretch on them a bit and add in some of my own, if you don't mind.

Her 'w' could be different. There are so many ideas running through my head, but I know for a fact that the skin would be bumped up in price from 975 to 1350 at the least and legendary at half way point.

Her 'Q' could have a little sunflower effect, like her Zenith Blade. there are little sunflowers that trail the sword when the animation starts. It could be instead of the sun mark, it could be a little, bright sunflower.

Continuing the same theme from there, the 'W' could be a sunflower that slowly opens up, and the final burst could be the petals finally touching ground, or a flower slowly closes up on her, and then on the explosion, it's a quick bloom.

The 'E' can stay the way it is. It's got a particle to it that I'm intergrating, and exploring on with the other skills.

Her 'R' could be in the same line, a giant flower comes crashing into the ground and stuns whoever it hits dead center, and the leaves on the stem can represent the distance from the center where the slow is in effect.

In contrast, her passive, again, could be small buds on the champions or minions it's applied on, and then when it's activated, they could do a quick bloom. Similar to the idea I had for her 'W'.

That's a couple of my ideas for making the skin much more appealing to others, not only me.

CattCaller

08-21-2013

My second set of ideas go with the water theme of the Pool Party skins theme.

Her passive could be something similar to a Water Balloon stuck to the champion and when they are hit by an ally, the balloon bursts and there's water hitting the effected target.

Her 'Q' could have a similar aspect, instead of the light coming up on it, they can replace it with a smaller version of Nami's 'q' and for the stun, they're trapped in the bubble, not rising up like hers, but just static in there.

Her 'W' could be a bubble/swirl effect like you mentioned.

Her 'E' can have the particles replaced with something more akin to graves 'Q' particles. But then again, it's something that's on another skin. I personally wouldn't mind having shared particles, god knows poison and frost are the exact same thing in the game across the board, but it'd be something to tie the skin in with the Pool Party theme aside from the model and textures.

Her 'R' can have her call down a giant water balloon that explodes. This I know might be taking away from Zigg's pool party skin, but I'm pretty sure the majority of the players would be like
"Lets do the Double Balloon Whammy!" Or, if that's not something they want to do, to keep the 'unique' aspect f his skin unique, then you could have Leona toss her umbrella into the sky, and it comes down faster, and a lot larger.

Again, little things, might sound daunting when you add it all up, but individually, it's not that large of a scale, since it's more or less particles that are already in game. The only extra modeling required would have to be Ult, but then again, if your signature ability doesn't have any 'Oomph' to it, you can't really call it a 'Signature' ability, can you?

That's the second set of ideas that I had.

Endless Symphony

08-21-2013

I really like your ideas! and its ideas like these that would be great to be integrated and make an already good skin great.

CattCaller

08-21-2013

I'm hoping they have a thread for skin feedback, like they usually do, for this skin.

I'm just gonna copy paste all this into it and let it ferment and cook in the minds of everyone there. lol

I mean, Sunbathing Leona was first conceptualized at PAX. I was prepared for it to cost 1350 honestly, cause I had the image in my mind and I'm like "yes, they will have amazing effects and animations for it".

I'm not completely disappointed, but I do feel a tad bit let down.

something that had such promise is being cut down to such a mediocre state.

The skin is good, just not the 'great' they had everyone thinking with their little teases.

Endless Symphony

08-25-2013

I was hoping to get a possible answer from Riot if the skin will be seeing more particle effects? Seeing lee sin's Pool Party skin getting an update has given me hope that this one will be looked at as well.

YobroMcSwaggin

08-25-2013

You realize Graves skin has more work because it's 1350 right? Only reason why leona skin is 975 is that it has some partical effect same with the others, you can't expect much for cheap skins

Endless Symphony

08-26-2013

You need to see the Renekton skin then, that skin is 975 and it looks amazing with the particles