Master Yi Item Build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xGary

12-05-2010

How should I build Master Yi? Ive played a few games with him and I usually get

1) Dorans Shield + HP Pot
2) Greaves
3) IE
4) Starks/Last Whisperer

That seems pretty nubby but it's working fine so far... Most guides don't go for IE why? Does the AD scale bad?

Also, what runes should I use. Currently I have

Armor Pen Red
Dodge Seals
Flat CDR Glyphs (Was for another champ)
HP/Armor Pen Quins

Thanks

Ultimate Noob Na

12-05-2010

jungle yi

21/0/9
HP or AS quints
AS marks
Armor yellow
MP 5 per level or Magic Res blues

Start at blue with cloth and 5 hp pots

Wriggles
boots tier 1
Brutalizer
Ghostblade
Merc Treads
other stuff from here

blastman09

12-05-2010

Yi's my main, this is my work of art item build. I would be happy to explain my entier guide if u want. This build is for the most perfect AD Yi, to which there is no counter. It does requier some brians, but if your gona play Yi you should already have dodging, chasing, and back dooring mastered.

1st Dorans Ring- you get this for that extra health early and for using alpha to farm early; the best thing to do is take exhaust and ghost, get to their bush early. exhaust them then enjoy the free kill.

2nd Boots of mobility/ tht scyth tht does lifesteal- everytime you tp you need to make sure you have enough money for an item. this is especially important because yi are notoriously weak early game and u need all the minion kills u can get.

3rd Boots of speed (after both the secound items)- unfortunately everyones around level 5 or 6 and already packing some heat. but your a yi play with your head!!

4th Zeal- it does half of phantom for petes sake!!

5th Madreds- Ya i said it. this is where you start to pile it on. get the bow first if at all possible, this means youll still be a little weak attack wise but it lets you bd and farm sooo much easier which allows you to get the claws faster. once you got the claws your pretty lethal.

now i wana note here that a good yi never instigates team fights. let the other team roll their skills, cause stuns and slows are a yis natural enemy. however, yi can 1v1 and hunt pretty much anybody at anytime use sound judgement.

6th phantoms- gota get tht speed!!

7th infinitys edge- start with bf then edge

8th banner of lifesteal- pretty obvious

9th frozen mallet- sell dorans ring at this point, you can always get blue buff if u really need mana and mallet gives way more health. start with the brown one then the frozen one, dont worry about the belt.

10th potions- ive only ever gotten this far once but as it was so much fun to really feel finished, heres what you do. once you finish the build save up about 3000k then sell your boots n buy each elixer one at a time, chug it, then rebuy your boots.

Then chuckle like a maniac and laugh at silly garen for thinking he indestructable!!!

blastman09

12-05-2010

as far as runes go, get mostly attack damage, attack speed, crit damage, n crit chance. your quintesseces should be either attack damage, speed, or crit damage. i think either some of my yellows or blues but defidantly not reds are dodge. i have four or five dodge runes i thnk. As a yi, you cant really take hits so a little dodge goes a long way. and i thnk i have some armor penetration mixed in there as well.

You should either get ghost n ignite or ghost and exhaust. either way get to their bush first and dont be afraid to 1v1. also to this end you should start w alpha, cause its good to farm/dodge/harass w. and never, never get meditate. its only useful late game with my build.

My masteries are mostly attack, but my computers down right now so i dont remember entierly. I do know you should get all the faster experience masteries and the ghost talent mastery first then fill you attack masteries.

If you put all of this together, ghost+phantoms+runes+ghost mastery+boots o speed+highlander= nitro yi

theres only two things that can stop u. rammus and stuns(but not slows!!) also thornmail is fairly effective against this yi, but people rarely get it for some reason or just the tanks do, pick your targets and ull be fine

you could theoretically get maybe one or two ability power runes, but i wouldnt

Methusaluh

12-05-2010

my yi

runes - full crit

items-

start with rejuvination beads or dorans ring depending on how u feel
pick up ninja tabby and starks at least by 12
gank to a whispering bow or phantom dancer, if ur doing poorly u want PDs first
after that grab an IE and it should be GG

b4 IE ur base damage will suck but with starks armor reduction and whispering's penetration u'll crit for around 300-350 by mid game

i've used black cleaver numerous times for a final build. i've never losta game with a complete build this way but who knows, someday

Masticatorr

12-05-2010

Heres a build...don't play this guy because everyone will hate you and target you first. Even though you will do well almost every game, your an easy target unless you know how to play Yi.

Krusher114

12-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastman09 View Post
10th potions- ive only ever gotten this far once but as it was so much fun to really feel finished, heres what you do. once you finish the build save up about 3000k then sell your boots n buy each elixer one at a time, chug it, then rebuy your boots.

Then chuckle like a maniac and laugh at silly garen for thinking he indestructable!!!
You can just buy a potion, and if you don't have room in your inv it will auto-drink...just fyi