Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Enemy disconnect notification Mac vs PC behaviour

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PixarFan

08-21-2013

Hi, is there a difference between Mac & PC on when players are told when an enemy disconnects?

I'm on Mac and when an ally DCs, some allies rage in all chat telling the enemies we have a DC. But when an enemy DCs, I don't get that notification. When I ask the ally why they tell the enemy team, he/she says the enemy already knows. Are PC players notified when an enemy DCs?

Also, I've noticed 2 games where an ally DCs and I'm not told of it. Although I THINK my teammates are notified of this because their chat seems to indicate this. All I see is they're possibly AFK at the fountain but when I ask my allies they say it's actually a DC.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FreakinUnoriginl

08-21-2013

Enemy teams aren't notified immediately, I think there's a five minute delay.

There shouldn't be any differences in the server messages Mac and Windows players receive. You might have to explicitly ask, "Did you get a disconnect message about so-and-so?" next time you ask about someone seeming to be AFK. If they got a message, and you didn't, ask which client they're using. Submit all the information, and when you were playing, as a bug report.