Leona's new skin is quite...colorful.

First Riot Post
123456 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

08-20-2013
1 of 12 Riot Posts

So, here's the deal with the Leona skin.

1) I did that design live, with a lot of feedback from the audience, and mentioned that it all could change. We did a few options, (bikini's, pool noodles, one-piece suits, etc) However, it was known that all things may change. That particular concept, while fun to do live, and take live feedback/options, simply wasn't the right fit for the game

2) Things always have to be adjusted and accounted for with game-angle in mind. That means, despite how the concept might have looked straight on, it means nothing if the in-game read is bad. I tried doing a 1-to-1 version of this skin in the 3/4s game view, it didn't look good. Then I did one similar to what you see, but kept it pretty damn yellow, and it wasn't enough. Once we added the blue trim, some other accents and materials, it popped and served what we're all 100% focused on: the in-game read.

I understand the personal taste aspect, but believe me, I was a fan of the original, I was a fan of the intermediary, and I'm a big fan of how it came out.

(It's also going to be super awesome to see done in cosplay!)

The sunglasses are also just for the recall, as a note.

Spitsonkittens

08-20-2013

I wish you guys would post this on the website rather than making us look at dug-up stuff on third party sites.

EDIT: Never mind.

MegaBlaziken

08-20-2013

Well, I like it, Ironstylus. I think it is very sexy!

Aroph

08-20-2013

eyeliner no pls.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

08-20-2013
2 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsonkittens View Post
I wish you guys would post this on the website rather than making us look at dug-up stuff on third party sites.
This website?

http://beta.na.leagueoflegends.com/e...ing-pool-party

UgIierBetty

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
So, here's the deal with the Leona skin.

1) I did that design live, with a lot of feedback from the audience, and mentioned that it all could change. We did a few options, (bikini's, pool noodles, one-piece suits, etc) However, it was known that all things may change. That particular concept, while fun to do live, and take live feedback/options, simply wasn't the right fit for the game

2) Things always have to be adjusted and accounted for with game-angle in mind. That means, despite how the concept might have looked straight on, it means nothing if the in-game read is bad. I tried doing a 1-to-1 version of this skin in the 3/4s game view, it didn't look good. Then I did one similar to what you see, but kept it pretty damn yellow, and it wasn't enough. Once we added the blue trim, some other accents and materials, it popped and served what we're all 100% focused on: the in-game read.

I understand the personal taste aspect, but believe me, I was a fan of the original, I was a fan of the intermediary, and I'm a big fan of how it came out.

(It's also going to be super awesome to see done in cosplay!)

The sunglasses are also just for the recall, as a note.
Taking your word for it!

We as the playerbase can't judge the entire skin based off of that one small screenshot.
If you say you like how it came out, it likely looks good overall!

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

08-20-2013
3 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UgIierBetty View Post
Taking your word for it!

We as the playerbase can't judge the entire skin based off of that one small screenshot.
If you say you like how it came out, it likely looks good overall!
It looks great. I really love it. Skins team over-delivered!

The Leona splash, which isn't out yet obviously, melts my heart!

Spitsonkittens

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Okay, so now it's on the front page. It wasn't before.

MQ2000

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemaximum View Post
Dat diana-esque eye shadow, as well as blue and purple which don't have any relevance to the sun at all.
Does't mean it's finished, lol
Remember Lux's first splash

Hexanna

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2013

Will be getting leona just so I can get the skin!

123456 ... 10