Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Help! I forgot my password and I don't know how to change it!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

supergamewizard

08-20-2013

I noticed that we had to change our passwords earlier, so I did, and when I entered what I thought it was a few minutes ago it said it was wrong!
I clicked "forgot password?" in the client, and it brought me to a screen where it was required to know your password to change it.
Help!

Sent a note to customer support about an hour ago, no reply. Should I just wait?

Best rioter ever solved my issue :3

FaylureAtLoL

Recruiter

08-20-2013

"forgot password"
"brought to screen required to know password"
the fk is this sht

IConquer1101

08-20-2013

Yeah... It's kinda dumb for them to require your password to enter the password recovery screen.

PoisonedTail

08-20-2013

Allright give me all your account info and i think i can help you

supergamewizard

08-20-2013

bump

WookieeCookie

Player Support Lead -
Player Behavior

08-20-2013

If you click "Forgot Password" it asks for your account name, not your password. It will then send an e-mail to the address associated with your account. (I just tried it)

If the e-mail address on your account is something you no longer have access to then you'll have to wait for Player Support to respond to your ticket.

supergamewizard

08-20-2013

Quote:
WookieeCookie:
If you click "Forgot Password" it asks for your account name, not your password. It will then send an e-mail to the address associated with your account. (I just tried it)

If the e-mail address on your account is something you no longer have access to then you'll have to wait for Player Support to respond to your ticket.

http://puu.sh/46TcJ.jpg
http://puu.sh/46Tcr.jpg

This is what I get, doesn't ask for summoner name

orghak 6

08-20-2013

Quote:
WookieeCookie:

Now about the hacker fellow...

WookieeCookie

Player Support Lead -
Player Behavior

08-20-2013

Ah, okay! I get it now, it's because you're already logged into the website.

Well, you'll need to log out of the website completely. Then, when you click log-in, you'll see a link for "Forgot password?" this will let you enter your user name and an e-mail will be sent.

SlVIR

08-20-2013

please wookie respond to the captian marvelous thread in off topic.

it is an important topic.