@IronStylus - How did you let this pass? (New Leona Skin)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TDS Spoderman

08-20-2013

@IronStylus

since the other thread got closed due to downvotes at the OP i guess the chatting can continue here right ?

also have you seen the sea witch Nami idea ? http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=3776534

its just really cool sadly it does'nt fit the beach party theme :c

Songbird Cometh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanjoStory View Post
Could have at least given her some matching colors.... Blue, yellow, orange, and purple? Most clowns don't clash that bad.
Logged in to call you an idiot since that is like Grade 3 art.

Blue and Yellow are complimentary colors, as are Orange and Purple.

Sky of Smiles

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky of Smiles View Post
Please, Stylus. Don't release it like that. It can be MUCH better.
http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/08...mer-skins.html

The sad thing is, I may actually buy it.

Curse you Stylus and your stylish Parroty good looks. You may have my wallet, but you won't have my soul (until GG Ahri gets released).

MagicalMerlin

08-20-2013

The color scheme doesn't look nearly as awful in the top down view because the blue and purple aren't as prominent. He face looks way better without the shades too. The lack of new particles disappoints me. I did notice the sunflowers on e, but compared to Grave's water gun it isn't much. Also, I feel like a earthy green might work better than the purple. Even with the top down view the purple is still a bit off.

JebusofChrist

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWA View Post
He already said yes to that.
Oh. I was mostly skimming through the posts. :3

Thanks~

zergman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2013

Mr. Stylus IMO the splash is amazing, the thing that is a little off is the colors in game vs the splash. Is there a reason the colors in game aren't a better match to the tones in the splash?

Arhelius

08-20-2013

those colors are a fashion holocaust

HITLER COULD USE COLOR BETTER THAN THIS

Stampede EU

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuri Ono View Post
Sunbathing Leona Concept Art- Link

vs

Sunbathing Leona Final Skin - Link

The final version...is hideous. :-\ Aside from the Teemo shield I think people were generally happy with the original concept. It was modest yet revealing. Nicely colored, and fit Leona's theme as a whole.

The actual skin is nauseating. It uses a terrible color blend (like someone vomited up a randomized neon palette) and lacks any of the elegance of the concept art. About the only good thing about it is the sunflowers are a nice touch to the shoes.

I know a concept is really 'only' that, a concept. But how could this design have fallen down the quality tree so far? Especially for a champion I know you are quite fond of. What happened Parrot?
Same thing with Neon Strike Vi actually. The skin's colors look god damn awful, and the skin's idea is all over the place so Vi is basically still waiting on a decent skin.

Blaine Tog

08-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
With regards to your points from that other thread, I just want to say that I was in that audience and this skin more than lives up to my expectations. It's classy, pretty, awesome, funny, and colorful (I wear tie-dye literally all the time, so that's a big compliment for me). I will be instabuying it even though I already have and love Iron Solari Leona.

PsychoSim

08-21-2013

You haven't seen it in game, have you? Like in her stance...

'Cause it's pretty awesome. It reads really really well. Plus... Leona is a classy lady. It's not out of the question she'd want to be more conservative with all those old sun priest dudes gawking.

Check out the in-game stance! It's great!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-NZkusvZTdm...beachleona.png